OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Blitzway New: 1/6 "Cutthroat Island" - Morgan Adams / Morgan Adams

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
"If you risk nothing, then you risk everything."

Under the background of the Caribbean Sea in 1668, the "Morning Star" ship crosses over the deep blue sea. Waving it's skull flag, the brave and beautiful pirate captain Morgan Adams embarks on a treacherous journey to avenge her father and find treasure.

Based on the likeness of Geena Davis in Cutthroat Island, the attractive pirate captain from your childhood that made you dream of becoming a pirate and going on mystical adventures.

The head sculpt and paint fine captures the strong yet beautiful Morgan Adams from the film. This collectible figure features a refined pirate costume, many various props, a specially designed 'Morning Star' stand and the adorable "King Charles" the monkey!

Cutthroat Island fans, don't miss this great opportunity to add Morgan Adams to your collection!

License
Cutthroat Island
Type
Sixth Scale Figure
Manufacturer
Blitzway

Artists

YongKyum Kim (Chief Sculpt)
Hyunji Kim (Head Sculpt & Paint)
Kwangse Oh (Paint)
Hai Lim (Costume Fabrication)
Hyeok Jeon (3D Works)
The Blitzway Design & Development Team

What's in the Box?

The Morgan Adams Sixth Scale Collectible Figure special features:

Highly detailed likeness of Geena Davis as Morgan Adams in Cutthroat Island, 1995 Portrait
Newly designed and developed female body with over 20 points of articulations
Newly developed face with movie accurate facial expression and make-up
Long curly realistic dark brown hair transplant
Approximately 29 cm tall
Eight (Cool pairs of hands including:
- One (1) pair of hands for holding telescope
- One (1) pair of gloved hands for holding swords
- One (1) right hand for holding pistol
- One (1) left hand for holding sword
- One (1) right saluting hand
- One (1) left hand for holding bottle

Costume:

One (1) dark navy tailored pirate jacket
One (1) authentic white shirt
One (1) pair of red inner pants
One (1) pair of dark navy pirate pants
One (1) black pirate hat
One (1) red cloth belt
One (1) pair of long leather boots
One (1) pair of monkey pants

Accessories:

One (1) King Charles the Monkey
One (1) liquor bottle
One (1) necklace
Three (3) treasure maps
One (1) short sword and sheath
One (1) long sword and sheath
One (1) flintlock pistol
One (1) powder keg
One (1) belt set
One (1) telescope
One (1) marine chart
One (1) wanted poster
One (1) designed diorama stand

Expected to Ship Apr 2019 - Jun 2019

Item shown is a prototype. When shipped, the final production piece may differ in appearance.

Materials PVC, ABS, POM, Fabric, Metal
Product Size 11.41" H (289.81mm)*
Dimensional Weight TBD
Int'l Dim. Weight TBD

* Size and weight are approximate values. Learn more

SKU 903706
UPC 8809321479104

female - NEW PRODUCT: Blitzway New: 1/6 "Cutthroat Island" - Morgan Adams / Morgan Adams 09121710
female - NEW PRODUCT: Blitzway New: 1/6 "Cutthroat Island" - Morgan Adams / Morgan Adams 09122110
female - NEW PRODUCT: Blitzway New: 1/6 "Cutthroat Island" - Morgan Adams / Morgan Adams 09122410
female - NEW PRODUCT: Blitzway New: 1/6 "Cutthroat Island" - Morgan Adams / Morgan Adams 09122710
female - NEW PRODUCT: Blitzway New: 1/6 "Cutthroat Island" - Morgan Adams / Morgan Adams 09123210
female - NEW PRODUCT: Blitzway New: 1/6 "Cutthroat Island" - Morgan Adams / Morgan Adams 09123610
female - NEW PRODUCT: Blitzway New: 1/6 "Cutthroat Island" - Morgan Adams / Morgan Adams 09124210
female - NEW PRODUCT: Blitzway New: 1/6 "Cutthroat Island" - Morgan Adams / Morgan Adams 09124610
female - NEW PRODUCT: Blitzway New: 1/6 "Cutthroat Island" - Morgan Adams / Morgan Adams 09125010
female - NEW PRODUCT: Blitzway New: 1/6 "Cutthroat Island" - Morgan Adams / Morgan Adams 09125410
female - NEW PRODUCT: Blitzway New: 1/6 "Cutthroat Island" - Morgan Adams / Morgan Adams 09125710
female - NEW PRODUCT: Blitzway New: 1/6 "Cutthroat Island" - Morgan Adams / Morgan Adams 09130010
female - NEW PRODUCT: Blitzway New: 1/6 "Cutthroat Island" - Morgan Adams / Morgan Adams 09130510
female - NEW PRODUCT: Blitzway New: 1/6 "Cutthroat Island" - Morgan Adams / Morgan Adams 09130810
female - NEW PRODUCT: Blitzway New: 1/6 "Cutthroat Island" - Morgan Adams / Morgan Adams 09131110
female - NEW PRODUCT: Blitzway New: 1/6 "Cutthroat Island" - Morgan Adams / Morgan Adams 09131510
female - NEW PRODUCT: Blitzway New: 1/6 "Cutthroat Island" - Morgan Adams / Morgan Adams 09131910
female - NEW PRODUCT: Blitzway New: 1/6 "Cutthroat Island" - Morgan Adams / Morgan Adams 09132410
female - NEW PRODUCT: Blitzway New: 1/6 "Cutthroat Island" - Morgan Adams / Morgan Adams 09132710
female - NEW PRODUCT: Blitzway New: 1/6 "Cutthroat Island" - Morgan Adams / Morgan Adams 09133110

#newproduct #Blitzway #MorganAdams #CutthroatIsland #GeenaDavis #female #pirate #movie

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nicely done overall, though for me it doesn't help that I didn't particularly like the movie, or that the actress looked least like herself in it.

shazzdan

shazzdan
Arrr. Pirates are cool. We need lots more pirates. But not this one.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well. I like it.

POd. I know this movie wasn't everybody's taste, but I enjoyed it for what it was. And frankly it isn't any worse than half of those Pirates of the Caribbean films. Now if they'd just do a Frank Langella to go with her.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

female - NEW PRODUCT: Blitzway New: 1/6 "Cutthroat Island" - Morgan Adams / Morgan Adams C8485110

blackpool

blackpool
I didn't find the movie very good in its time but back then pirates movies were kind of a lost genre, thankfully pirates of the caribbean helped refreshing it and make it trendy again... Which I appreciate, I love pirates movies personally !

Anyway I really love that figure, promo shots are gorgeous, and usually blitzway doesn't disappoint in the production quality so it's gonna be a lovely figure for sure (I'm very tempted but a bit scared by the final price, their previous fight club figs were veeeery expensive)

PitViper

PitViper
I think the nude figure has potential; really like the smirk, though I don't think that there's much Geena Davis in her face. Don't care for the outfit or gear.
It'll depend on the price.

Cobratrooper11

Cobratrooper11
PitViper wrote:I think the nude figure has potential; really like the smirk, though I don't think that there's much Geena Davis in her face.  Don't care for the outfit or gear.
It'll depend on the price.

but theres just enough...atleast as i see it. this sure is a strange figure to see, as I didnt even know of the movie.

Delanie

Delanie
I quite like this one but given the company doing it i figure the cost will be prohibitive

The question is why are pirates, pirates ; because they ARRR

shazzdan

shazzdan
IMO the benchmark should be Black Sails, not Pirates of the Caribbean. It was the best pirate show ever made.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
shazzdan wrote:IMO the benchmark should be Black Sails, not Pirates of the Caribbean. It was the best pirate show ever made.

That was a good show, but I kind of like the classics myself: Flynn, Powers, Lancaster.

female - NEW PRODUCT: Blitzway New: 1/6 "Cutthroat Island" - Morgan Adams / Morgan Adams C8485110

PureEnergy

shazzdan wrote:IMO the benchmark should be Black Sails, not Pirates of the Caribbean. It was the best pirate show ever made.

I absolutely must concur.  

With you being taskmaster for historical accuracy, Shazz, I’m surprised that you’d enjoyed Black Sails so much; quite the colorful amalgamation of documented chronicle and literary chimera - while meticulously interwoven and wonderfully well written, I would’ve thought that you'd have found it simply, thoroughly vexatious.  

I dig this very much. Cutthroat Island, although most deliberately ridiculous, was yet entertaining - and I well enjoyed it at a time when the genre had indeed seemed all but abandoned.  

Indeed...  The ravishing Geena…

shazzdan

shazzdan
Black Sails was conceived to be a prequel to Treasure Island so a certain amount of fiction was expected, but it was masterfully interwoven with historical places, people, and events. The day after I watched the final episode I found my old copy of Treasure Island and read it again.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
shazzdan wrote:I found my old copy of Treasure Island and read it again.

Have you ever seen the made for TV version of Treasure Island with Christian Bale and Charlton Heston? Probably the closest adaptation to that great book made to date. Treasure Island was my favorite book growing up, and is still my second favorite book to this day.

PureEnergy

shazzdan wrote:Black Sails was conceived to be a prequel to Treasure Island so a certain amount of fiction was expected, but it was masterfully interwoven with historical places, people, and events. The day after I watched the final episode I found my old copy of Treasure Island and read it again.

I'd been under the impression that you were quite the purest with regard to period portrayals.  I’d rather imagined that your reading preferences would have been exclusive to something as inherently frolicsome as Treasure Island.

So your range continues to impress me.  

I, too, had been inspired to reread and then rewatch, respectively - although I’ve yet to find the time for either…  

However, I shall always find plentiful time for the Geena Davis

shazzdan

shazzdan
PureEnergy wrote:
shazzdan wrote:Black Sails was conceived to be a prequel to Treasure Island so a certain amount of fiction was expected, but it was masterfully interwoven with historical places, people, and events. The day after I watched the final episode I found my old copy of Treasure Island and read it again.

I'd been under the impression that you were quite the purest with regard to period portrayals.  I’d rather imagined that your reading preferences would have been exclusive to something as inherently frolicsome as Treasure Island.

So your range continues to impress me.

My only problem is when people claim that something is historically accurate when it is not (the movie Gladiator is a classic example). I love a good fantasy and am a huge fan of Conan and Lord of the Rings. Some of my all time favourite movies include the Princess Bride and 13th Warrior. I bought my first DVD player just so that I could watch the extended version of Fellowship of the Ring.

PureEnergy

shazzdan wrote:My only problem is when people claim that something is historically accurate when it is not (the movie Gladiator is a classic example). I love a good fantasy and am a huge fan of Conan and Lord of the Rings. Some of my all time favourite movies include the Princess Bride and 13th Warrior. I bought my first DVD player just so that I could watch the extended version of Fellowship of the Ring.

Well, I should think I get that...  You’re saying it’s about the way in which something may be billed as being authentic when it’s not that gets your goat; I'd certainly share accord.  

Most of that which you have mentioned above would also place among my own favorites’ list as well.    

I really dig the outfit and accessories here (although, for the price point I'm expecting, King Chuck could have been articulated), but being unfamiliar with this line - would such be compatible with Phicen figures?  Regarding this set, that shall be the determining factor for me and mine.

blackpool

blackpool

I agree with you about the visual quality, Black Sails was a very well done show with a very realistic atmosphere and colors, even if not always historically accurate, it felt very realistic, both through the sets, costumes, and props...

I was not mentioning Pirates of the Caribbean as a "benchmark" in the pirate movie genre at all, but it definitely is a milestone, I know a lot of people dislike these movies, some because of disney, some because of johnny depp's very unique acting... It doesn't change the fact that this franchise brought back the "pirates" theme to the actual trend, I'm not sure Black Sails would even have existed without the success of pirates of the Caribbean.
Good or bad it just proved that pirates movies could be as bankable as scifi, that's what I meant when referring to this franchise. Now I totally agree they are not masterpieces at all, I found them funny and very entertaining, but they are unrealistic and historically inaccurate from A to Z.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Not a bad figure, but, why that movie, and why now!? Black Sails is good, but, it's fair to say that POTC is in decline now. I enjoyed the first one but have never been inclined to see any of the sequels.

CHEERS!

Talon65

WOOF! I was really interested in this but I'm seeing prices well over $200! Yikes!

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Double yikes when you see the production quality on Hannibal Lecter.

CHEERS!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum