OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI LUKE SKYWALKER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
"I will never turn to the dark side." - Luke Skywalker

In the epic conclusion of the classic Star Wars saga, after Luke Skywalker has returned to his home planet of Tatooine to rescue his friend Han Solo from the clutches of the vile gangster Jabba the Hutt. The young Skywalker along with his friends and the Rebellion fleet must take down the second Death Star in order to stop the evil Empire from wiping out the last hope to restore freedom to the galaxy...

Hot Toys is very excited to officially present today, the new Deluxe Version 1/6th scale Luke Skywalker collectible figure from Star Wars: Return of the Jedi featuring his iconic attire as seen on Tatooine, Endor, and the second Death Star.

Masterfully crafted based on the appearance of Luke Skywalker in the final chapter of the original trilogy, the new collectible figure features a newly developed head sculpt with remarkable likeness, finely tailored costumes, the helmet and camouflage cloak Luke wore on Endor, a LED light-up lightsaber, an interchangeable lightsaber blade emulating the weapon in motion, a blaster, and a themed figure stand.

This Deluxe Version will exclusively include an additional head sculpt with an interchangeable all-new hair sculpture, an extra piece of interchangeable battle damaged right hand, dark grey tunic with belt, and the Tatooine sandstorm goggles and cloak as seen in the deleted scenes.

This is a Luke Skywalker collectible figure that will be a treasured addition for all Star Wars fans who choose to confront their destiny!
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODEMMS517
PRODUCT NAMELUKE SKYWALKER (DELUXE VERSION)
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 28 CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS30
SPECIAL FEATURESONE NEWLY PAINTED HEAD SCULPT WITH INTERCHANGEABLE ALL-NEW HAIR SCULPTURE, ONE LIGHT BROWN-COLORED SANDSTORM CLOAK, ONE BATTLE DAMAGED RIGHT HAND FOR HOLDING LIGHTSABER
ARTISTSHEAD SCULPTED BY KOJUN
HEAD PAINTED BY E-LEE & JC. HONG
HEAD ART DIRECTED BY JC. HONG

The 1/6th scale Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (Deluxe Version) specially features:

- One (1) newly developed head sculpt with authentic and detailed likeness of Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker in Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
- One (1) newly painted head sculpt with interchangeable all-new hair sculpture (hair sculpture contains magnetic feature)***
- Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed skin texture
- Hair sculpture is equipped with magnetic feature
- Body with over 30 points of articulations
- Approximately 28 cm tall
- Five (5) pieces of interchangeable left hands including:
- One (1) fist
- One (1) gesturing hand
- Two (2) open hands
- One (1) hand for holding lightsaber
- Three (3) pieces of interchangeable black-colored gloved right hands including:
- One (1) fist
- One (1) gesturing hand
- One (1) hand for holding pistol
- One (1) battle damaged right hand for holding lightsaber***
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume:
- One (1) helmet as worn on Endor (with magnetic feature)
- One (1) camouflage cloak with black-colored belt
- One (1) black-colored top
- One (1) pair of black-colored pants
- One (1) black-colored leather-like belt with a pouch, a hook and a D-ring with silver-colored button clips
- One (1) pair of black-colored leather-like boots
- One (1) dark grey-colored tunic with belt***
- One (1) light brown-colored sandstorm cloak***

Weapons:
- One (1) LED-lighted green lightsaber (white light, battery operated)
- One (1) lightsaber hilt
- One (1) green lightsaber blade in motion (attachable to the hilt)
- One (1) blaster pistol
- One (1) lightsaber hilt with weathering effect***

Accessories:
- One (1) pair of wearable sandstorm goggles***
- Two (2) bushes dioramas attachable to the figure base
- Specially designed rectangular figure stand with Luke Skywalker nameplate and movie logo

Artists:
- Head Sculpted by Kojun
- Head Painted by E-Lee & JC. Hong
- Head Art Directed by JC. Hong

*** Exclusive to Deluxe Version

Release date: Approximately Q3 – Q4, 2019

**Prototype shown is not final, pending licensor approval
**Battery included for collectible figure, button cells are required
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

©️ & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
©️ 2018 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI LUKE SKYWALKER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1193
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI LUKE SKYWALKER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 2149
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI LUKE SKYWALKER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 3128
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI LUKE SKYWALKER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 4116
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI LUKE SKYWALKER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 5114
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI LUKE SKYWALKER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 6111
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI LUKE SKYWALKER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 7108
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI LUKE SKYWALKER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 8102
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI LUKE SKYWALKER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 9101
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI LUKE SKYWALKER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1094
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI LUKE SKYWALKER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1194
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI LUKE SKYWALKER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1281
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI LUKE SKYWALKER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1369
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI LUKE SKYWALKER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1466
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI LUKE SKYWALKER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1559
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI LUKE SKYWALKER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1659
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI LUKE SKYWALKER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1754
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI LUKE SKYWALKER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1849
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI LUKE SKYWALKER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1944
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI LUKE SKYWALKER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 2040

#newproduct #HotToys #LukeSkywalker #StarWars #ReturnoftheJedi #Sci-Fi #movie #male #Deluxe

shazzdan

shazzdan
They buggered up the head sculpt. For $280 it should at least look a little like Mark Hamill.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That was my thought. That... and I don’t remember Hamill being such a mouth breather. I guess I need to rewatch that movie.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI LUKE SKYWALKER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
So I take it this means the deluxe version is suitable for both the Endor look already advertised and the Jabba scenes look (not to mention the deleted sandstorm scene). Like you guys pointed out and I already wrote elsewhere, the toothy mouth seems a bit unfortunate; the other head is good there, but somehow looks more youthful than Mark Hamil did in that film. Still a great set, but I can't justify getting this one either.

PureEnergy

Stryker2011 wrote:mouth breather

LOL.  He must get that from his father…  

Or, it could be some rudimentary discipline for all Jedi, as in…  “Savor the essence of the rancor, one must…”    

I may be missing something fundamental here; what exactly would be the purpose of “magnetic hair”?  Is that simply for keeping it in place?  For alternating between a left-side part and right-side part?  

Also, and perhaps it’s just me, but it seems that if one were to switch out that toupee with a pompadour, Hamill’s Luke Skywalker becomes Travolta’s Danny Zuko…  

“Why, this X-wing is automatic…  It’s systematic…  It’s hydromatic…”

Diana

Diana
LOL, wow. I don't get the negativity. I fell in love with this when I saw it. Definitely prefer the head sculpt over the previous ones and I love that I can create all these looks with this set! Considering that this will be my first and most likely only Luke it's great value. Smile

Then again... I might have to pick up that Tattoine set, once finances recover...  silent

I got notified that they are getting ready to ship! They will be taking my money out tomorrow on Wednesday... *ouch*

Might be worth an unboxing video?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
AerynDiana wrote:LOL, wow. I don't get the negativity. I fell in love with this when I saw it. Definitely prefer the head sculpt over the previous ones and I love that I can create all these looks with this set! Considering that this will be my first and most likely only Luke it's great value. Smile

Then again... I might have to pick up that Tattoine set, once finances recover...  silent

I got notified that they are getting ready to ship! They will be taking my money out tomorrow on Wednesday... *ouch*

Might be worth an unboxing video?

Right??? I don't get it either -- I LOVE this figure! I love you But then I'm not really a huge stickler for 100% 'likeness'. I would rather have a sculpt that is well made and overall aesthetically pleasing, than get hung-up on every single minute detail. And honestly?? This may be an unpopular opinion on this forum, but I believe that EVERY miniature depiction of a real human being -- whether it be a doll or an action figure -- requires SOME level of 'stylization' or else it actually ends up having an uncanny valley feeling. Even the most realistic of HS's still need to have that bit of stylization at a smaller scale. But that's just me! Wink 

Anyhoo...I'd have got this one in a heartbeat if I didn't already have the 40th anniversary RotJ version. At the time I PO'd that one I was a complete no0b to 1/6 and thought that would be the only RotJ Luke -- I had no idea they'd do a deluxe figure like this. As it is, I want to try to get my hands on a loose 'windswept hair' sculpt, at the very least, but I'm guessing they are kinda hard to come by... :/

Would love to see your unboxing vid, though I'll prob die of jealousy, lol.  Razz

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Ovy

Ovy
I am not A1/6 Starwarser, but like this one too, I mean, it's two expression heads for Luke! Which character has that, that's luxury. Laughing

That sandstorm gear is from a scene that was cut because nothing really happens there? That brown fabric reminds me of a sock from Grandma.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yes, it's from the deleted sandstorm scene -- nothing might have 'happened', but it's still a nice little 'moment' between the Trio before they head their separate ways for a bit. And they all look so cool in their sandstorm goggles. ;D

Diana

Diana
skywalkersaga wrote:
Right??? I don't get it either -- I LOVE this figure! I love you But then I'm not really a huge stickler for 100% 'likeness'. I would rather have a sculpt that is well made and overall aesthetically pleasing, than get hung-up on every single minute detail. And honestly?? This may be an unpopular opinion on this forum, but I believe that EVERY miniature depiction of a real human being -- whether it be a doll or an action figure -- requires SOME level of 'stylization' or else it actually ends up having an uncanny valley feeling. Even the most realistic of HS's still need to have that bit of stylization at a smaller scale. But that's just me! Wink 

Anyhoo...I'd have got this one in a heartbeat if I didn't already have the 40th anniversary RotJ version. At the time I PO'd that one I was a complete no0b to 1/6 and thought that would be the only RotJ Luke -- I had no idea they'd do a deluxe figure like this. As it is, I want to try to get my hands on a loose 'windswept hair' sculpt, at the very least, but I'm guessing they are kinda hard to come by... :/

Would love to see your unboxing vid, though I'll prob die of jealousy, lol.  Razz

LOL, okay, you shall get a video then. ^^

And I'm totally with you on the likeness. In terms of loose head sculpts I actually definitely prefer realistic anonymous ones so that I don't get stuck with any particular role that particular actor played. As for Luke in RotJ,... this is perfect. (I did like the Tattoine version, too, though... Rolling Eyes)

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Likeness wise I’m definitely seeing more Henry Cavill than Mark there tbh! XD I really like the set overall though and the photos with the billowing fabric and Luke clutching it are really well done.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I feel like I must have sand in my eyes or something, cause the sculpt, while not a perfect likeness as noted, really doesn't look that bad to me. It is, at the very least, no worse than the 40th anniversary version. I expect a level of idealization from HT at this point, so I guess it just looks like how I figured it would look??? 

I'm not even a huge defender of Hot Toys -- I was kinda 'meh' about the RotS Obi-Wan HS, for instance, and I have lots of other issues with them --  but I just really don't see the big deal on this one. The fact that it comes with so many helmet options and ways to cover up his face makes it even less an issue...for me, at least. : )

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The sculpt is not bad at all. My reaction was more to the toothy mouth, which is both throwing things off a little bit and an overly specific look. Others are better than me on noticing whether (or rather where) a face has been idealized. There is certainly more than enough here to recognize it for the person/actor/character being portrayed. And I don't see any of Henry Cavill in this, personally.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Gotcha -- yeah , the open mouth is a bit frustrating. I'm not totally keen on it on the 'normal' RotJ version, either, though I guess that one is less toothy. I think the best one is the windswept hair look, which is why I really want to find a loose one, but I'm guessing everyone else has the same idea, as I haven't found one anywhere. ;p

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Mmm, not feeling this,

The angered head looks like an annoyed Larry Grayson and the other looks like Sebastian Stan playing Marty McFly. They really are desperately milking the license for all it's worth.

Diana

Diana
I hope everybody is enjoying the holidays!

Here is my unboxing video of this guy:

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for sharing! I would have gone with the same headsculpt and hairstyle combo as well. :-) 

Now I need to go back and compare with the one I have, since I'm curious if maybe they improved the black suit from the 'regular'/40th anniversary version. Seems a bit different...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the video, Diana. The bronzish hair is actually fairly typical for Hot Toys whenever they try to convey dark blond/light brown. Among other examples, their Chris Evans heads (or at least some of them).

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool video, Diana. Thanks for sharing.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI LUKE SKYWALKER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

Ephiane

Ephiane
Great Review and Video, thanks for showing. I like the figure much and i see hamil. But again... why they faked the light sabre effect in the HT pictures ??? You can see in Dianas video how it looks in real.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum