OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal..

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 15]

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
I need a break from doing little fantasy good guys so I'm going to do a couple of big bad monsters as a much needed change. These are from the new Shane Black 2018 'The Predator' so I'll try not to give any spoilers but it's hard to build two without giving that bit away!! I promise all the reference pics will be of the creatures and not the plot, the movie is great fun and worth a watch, it doesn't take itself seriously so not dark and serious like AVP which is a great film.
I found this 1/6 cheap KO? except no one else has released one yet so it can't be a KO, perhaps budget version with a cloned HT Predator body and head is a better way to describe it for £58 total on ebay (it's coming from China). This will be most of the work already done for the smaller Pred, the major work will be on what I call 'The Hulk Predator', he's obviously a lot bigger so will need a custom body and everything else hence all the bodies shown and rubber skins etc...

A few movie reference and existing product pics:

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. OCSfq52

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. PRhRPyh

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. JxJeCvG

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. XfNNSK5

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. HJTTgjs

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. BTsuwKd

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. X2ELJbg

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. SZnhLuc

The figure I've ordered:

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. QO4saDX

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. ZHXTvCN

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. KJZptcT

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. Zm3YeEt

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. P87uwx8

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. WkbPKEk

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. D8FDFXw

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. H1fyZL2

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. AKK7uXz

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. BjkurC8

Great product review here:

Stuff I've amassed for the builds and perhaps another one too:

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. YKxA8GI

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. YpRBkd4

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. HnVIn4A

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. 40N93WC

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. Dta9sFM

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. RnhMwjB

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. 1BxC3aQ

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. Kgcdjsr

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. LsngGGX

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. IJxZrQv

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. DERuW5Z

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. HuHapKp

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. BLU4vNv

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. YerFQpD

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. ZtvDyt5

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. FIwlsKn

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks like another epic journey is about to begin in your workshop. I didn't even know about this new Predators movie. Speaking of which, like you I liked AVP, although I know many people won't agree.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Looks like another epic journey is about to begin in your workshop. I didn't even know about this new Predators movie. Speaking of which, like you I liked AVP, although I know many people won't agree.

The Predator armour designs in AVP are awesome! Not so much the case with this movie but they're growing on me and are part of the family so need them in my collection! Wink

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Interesting!

Did you buy all those Dalek Sec figures complete!? I'd be interested in the shoes and suits if you did. That KO Pred is interesting, but, too far removed from the style of the first one to be of real use to me. Not a bad price though.

Looking forward to seeing how this pans out

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Interesting!

Did you buy all those Dalek Sec figures complete!? I'd be interested in the shoes and suits if you did. That KO Pred is interesting, but, too far removed from the style of the first one to be of real use to me. Not a bad price though.

Looking forward to seeing how this pans out

CHEERS!

I still have a bunch of Sec's suits and shoes that I'm not planning on using, I wanted the bodies and alien hands for my star Wars builds of Jabba's skiff guards I made years ago.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
I shall be in touch!

I'm sure these Pred's will all be winners. I've got an original Billiken kit waiting to be built.

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Jabba's skiff guards? I'm sure we'd love to see a thread with these. Smile

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

I'm sure we will given chance.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:I shall be in touch!

I'm sure these Pred's will all be winners. I've got an original Billiken kit waiting to be built.

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan wrote:Jabba's skiff guards? I'm sure we'd love to see a thread with these. Smile

Rogerbee wrote:
I'm sure we will given chance.

CHEERS!

I'd be happy to share some pics of them as they are now.
I've figured out how I'm going to build the Hulk Predator (HP) also now known as the ultimate and mega predator... scratch Anyway I have brown wrestler body as a base and I'll need to nick sauron's hands and feet replacing them with custom 1/4 boots w/ sabatons and hands with armoured gauntlets, should make a great base figure with the right proportions.

shazzdan

shazzdan
GubernatorFan wrote:Looks like another epic journey is about to begin in your workshop. I didn't even know about this new Predators movie. Speaking of which, like you I liked AVP, although I know many people won't agree.

I liked the new Predator movie. Quite different to the previous ones but fun to watch and a worthy addition to the franchise.
Looking forward to seeing how shovelchop's figures turn out.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:
I've figured out how I'm going to build the Hulk Predator (HP) also now known as the ultimate and mega predator... scratch  Anyway I have brown wrestler body as a base and I'll need to nick sauron's hands and feet replacing them with custom 1/4 boots w/ sabatons and hands with armoured gauntlets, should make a great base figure with the right proportions.

That giant Predator was one thing that convinced me to steer well clear of that movie, I don't think it did terribly well at the box office either. For me the franchise began and ended with Predator 2. Predators, the one with Royce, was ok, but not as good as the first two.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
shazzdan wrote:

I liked the new Predator movie. Quite different to the previous ones but fun to watch and a worthy addition to the franchise.
Looking forward to seeing how shovelchop's figures turn out.

Glad to hear it, at least someone might follow this thread! Laughing Wink

Rogerbee wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:
I've figured out how I'm going to build the Hulk Predator (HP) also now known as the ultimate and mega predator... scratch  Anyway I have brown wrestler body as a base and I'll need to nick sauron's hands and feet replacing them with custom 1/4 boots w/ sabatons and hands with armoured gauntlets, should make a great base figure with the right proportions.

That giant Predator was one thing that convinced me to steer well clear of that movie, I don't think it did terribly well at the box office either. For me the franchise began and ended with Predator 2. Predators, the one with Royce, was ok, but not as good as the first two.

CHEERS!

Well I've never been one to judge movies harshly, as long as they entertain me and give me build ideas I'm generally content to watch them if they're about something I'm interested in. Don't you watch Coronation Street? I'm sure you mentioned you did somewhere! Twisted Evil

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Found an old Spawn Malbolgia figure gathering dust in a box so that will do for feet and perhaps arms & hands leaving Sauron safe! Or I can mod some 1/4 hands for him instead.

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. NUDq3FU

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. QVBwGd6

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. ApLDW1k

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. YDN8URt

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. OSmw3u8

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. 86dSPtr

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
I see giants!

Ooh, Land of the Giants, now there's a box set to get! Yeah, I watch Corrie, but, it's going downhill as all the soaps keep chasing awards and trying to outdo each other for OTT crap they don't need.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:I see giants!

Ooh, Land of the Giants, now there's a box set to get! Yeah, I watch Corrie, but, it's going downhill as all the soaps keep chasing awards and trying to outdo each other for OTT crap they don't need.

CHEERS!

Thought so! Anyone who watches soaps can' be a good judge of movies! tongue Wink
What's land of the giants? Sounds intriguing.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looking promising. Don't you dare ruin your Sauron (if you meant your Sauron, that is). And figures "gathering dust in a box"? Alex, you got to get better boxes! Wink

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:

Thought so! Anyone who watches soaps can' be a good judge of movies! tongue Wink

Can or can't!? Ian McKellen was in Corrie between LOTR and The Hobbit. I know a good movie when I see one.

Land of the Giants was another great US TV series from the '60's. Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=land+of+the+giants

CHEERS!

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
judging from your previous projects this will most definately an epic journey which i'm very curious to watch. though, as a child of the 80s, not other movie will take the same place in my heart as the first one, i'm fine with most of the newer ones as part of a whiskey loaded buddy movie session Wink.
what figure is the pale bald one with the hulk lower body? would make a damn fine super mutant for my fallout stuff
cheers

shazzdan

shazzdan
Agreed that the first one was the best. Every time it is on TV I'll watch it again, complete with ads, even though I have it on DVD.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:

Can or can't!? Ian McKellen was in Corrie between LOTR and The Hobbit. I know a good movie when I see one.

Land of the Giants was another great US TV series from the '60's. Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=land+of+the+giants

CHEERS!

I hate soaps with a passion! TV in general' in fact my TV mostly acts as a support for my gun rest! I rely on torrents and You Tube for entertainment. I remember the land of giants now from when I was a kid.

Tjolnir wrote:judging from your previous projects this will most definately an epic journey which i'm very curious to watch. though, as a child of the 80s, not other movie will take the same place in my heart as the first one, i'm fine with most of the newer ones as part of a whiskey loaded buddy movie session Wink.
what figure is the pale bald one with the hulk lower body? would make a damn fine super mutant for my fallout stuff
cheers

Thanks! It's just a modified Hulk body I was going to make into Juggernaut many years ago.

shazzdan wrote:Agreed that the fist one was the best. Every time it is on TV I'll watch it again, complete with ads, even though I have it on DVD.

Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 15]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum