OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal..

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 15]

shovelchop81

Rogerbee wrote:
Sweet! I'm sure you'll get it all worked out. Must remember to get my Dremel out of the garage before I move. I gave it to my Dad but he's never used it.

On a Gremlins note, I was talking to Chris Walas, the guy that built them for the first movie, on FB yesterday. I wanted to see what he used to preserve latex as I'm thinking of getting a 1/1 replica of one of his Gremlins soon. He was using his own recipe and didn't know what commercially available stuff there was. Still, it was great to actually talk to him. He accepted my friend request too!

CHEERS!

Cool! Silicone airgun oil to protect rubber, natural and synthetic, I'm sure I've preached about it before! That's what it's designed to do, think of the incredible stress those seals go through at 3000psi!! or 250bar.

shovelchop81

Pics to show his size compared to the FP (that has human DNA traces BTW might explain his thin build and desire to give the humans a fair fight with the fancy armour he supplies them). Also the work I'm doing now to blend his new lower legs in using shaved down Godzilla skin (run out of the black latex I'd cast) to blend edges and cover the hinge while still allowing articulation. Plan to add an extra finger to each hand since they are one short, taking the fingers from the cheap hybrid alien (I bought it a while ago thinking it was 1/6 scale, it's not..).

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 HqMuwRf

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 MKJL4o9

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 GJS0JlP

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 Q9pOaVh

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 1nWSmba

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 CYdIuoJ

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 CJlAA0j

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 PMSu1iO

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Man, that thing is massive. Wonder, is he as big as an HT Hulk...? Very cool work on this project. So many details.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 C8485110

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Definitely coming along. It's great how you get such a wide range of different parts and blend them together so well they just look like they were designed that way.

CHEERS!

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
My god, he's so huge!!! Been loving watch him come together. And the digitigrade legs look awesome. I always love when they go with digitigrade legs on a monster design, since it always looks so cool and creepy.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Man, that thing is massive.  Wonder, is he as big as an HT Hulk...? Very cool work on this project. So many details.

I think he might be slightly taller than The Hulk.

Rogerbee wrote:
Definitely coming along. It's great how you get such a wide range of different parts and blend them together so well they just look like they were designed that way.

CHEERS!

It's just like cooking! Wink

ReverendSpooky wrote:My god, he's so huge!!!  Been loving watch him come together.  And the digitigrade legs look awesome.  I always love when they go with digitigrade legs on a monster design, since it always looks so cool and creepy.  

Yeah, very insectile and a hint of Xenomorph too..

Covered knees/ankles that still articulate, has the right number of fingers now too. Going to do the filler and sculpt work next including a go at making a different head from scrap parts as this Pred's head is quite stocky and bumpy so seems a waste to mod the lovely HT head for that, I will be nicking the dredds back from it though but I have a plan to build a royal guard Pred using mail over where the dredds would be hidden and a ninja Pred as well.

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 NhkFM5H

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 YCwj4WB

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 SdeM4KL

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 Ba33FTc

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 MseZ0Ky

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 3kv8fBh

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 PNeaI8x

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 PQQvV72

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 YOkIV8d

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 M0dNRwL

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 W52EWIz

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 ApM7tGL

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 D2VotNi

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 WxuqLnM

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Looking good!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Looking good!

CHEERS!

Thanks Roger!

Spent ages scrubbing off all the sticky cheap primer, then dremelled and cut the forehead to fit. Been doing some minor sculpt work today to fill in gaps on the head and body.

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 XCU3JEw

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 T23q7BM

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 J9sxKqI

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 LMnLbjD

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 J0XJFaK

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 FbonuoW

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 I2R9VEH

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 AcJ7G7l

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 Y0CmnMp

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 KUWfAWt

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 RaFeAFn

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
That's real plastic surgery!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:That's real plastic surgery!

CHEERS!

Or resin surgery in this particular case Wink

Narrowed the head removing the bone frill, built up his forehead and added toad like bumps that seem to be his bioarmour and appear across his body during a fight, I guess they're bone spurs that can retract. His head is actually smaller than most Predators but has a built in biomask with all the gizmos like FLIR, range finder, internal HUD system basically. Waiting for the milliput to cure so I can reshape the eye sockets etc..

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 S88jRaN

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 4r3Dfxg

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 BBMxxF9

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 Q7UbX8R

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 T43sCwS

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 C5qDSp2

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 RDTlHQS

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 EeALUST

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 CHGSINc

Filed down that top right corner afterwards..

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 ZE8PtEo

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 ST8rF75

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 BQ1Cv8K

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 NhgG7UT

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 UaDqX2x

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 JgigLew

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 Cae2tqk

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Nice job!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
Nice job!

CHEERS!

Thanks! Just playing around at the moment until I settle on a look that makes me happy with it.

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 YgiIQ5B

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 GwPZo3o

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 3Winm7d

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 BKe43pq

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 WM1Ozlj

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 JBo10bX

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Looking good!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Looking good!

CHEERS!

Thanks! We'll see how this looks when I've finished the larger jaws after the milliput has set..

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 8zEpu2t

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 OBfm6sS

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 LKNiZXJ

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 HISKQvw

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

So far so good....

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
So far so good....

CHEERS!

Thanks! Happy birthday Roger!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Finally got the open jaws reshaped, glued and milliputed together to make them fit and look more imposing hopefully, also had to resculpt the closed ones a bit too. Milliput is curing now so good luck making sense of these loose jaws atm pirat

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 M9n9vRT

size comparison

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 IA1JtYc

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 F6djZoi

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 6KBHSjb

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 BfBLO8R

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 G3NrqYq

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 FSRf5nm

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 UyXeju2

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 98ksSwU

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:

Thanks!

Treated myself to that 1/1 Gremlin I told you about, should have him in a couple of days. I was going to wait till I'd got the little NECA ones, but, I saw it on a UK site and just couldn't resist, saved quite a bit in the process too.

CHEERS!

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Pred is progressing nicely I see.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:

Thanks!

Treated myself to that 1/1 Gremlin I told you about, should have him in a couple of days. I was going to wait till I'd got the little NECA ones, but, I saw it on a UK site and just couldn't resist, saved quite a bit in the process too.

CHEERS!

Rogerbee wrote:
Pred is progressing nicely I see.

CHEERS!

Cool! Which one did you get? Would probably look at home as an ally to my HP once he's all painted! Twisted Evil

Milliput cured so here are some more comprehensive pics of the jaws in place, thinking about using little gold/yellow rhinestones for eyes with black dots for pupils, I'll be putting them close together as his eyes have a AWIL look to them.

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 O6adJh8

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 NK2h2Gp

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 6lAFOmt

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 VKqtQrO

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 19ikZvW

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 Qd5LXMG

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 HLJM5Yc

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 NrEOMjo

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 HWK4E2o

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
This is so incredible to watch this guy come together. So much work; I’d never have the guts to cut up, or sculpt, tiny bits like that.

And, Roger, Happy Birthday!!

He who dies with the most toys wins!

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 C8485110

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
The Gremlin is a fully painted life size latex puppet and he looks like this:

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 11 CKRflZq

Surprisingly they're less than £250.

BTW, nice work

CHEERS!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum