OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal..

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 15]

Rogerbee

Founding Father
That NECA figure looks quite good, but, their regular predators are the same size as humans. Gives you a bit more reference though.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

Stryker2011 wrote:That’s the one thing I never got from the newer Pred movies, is why they would hunt each other... Guess they must get bored hunting species lesser than them.

It's a bit more complicated than that, I'm no fountain of knowledge on Predator lore (only watched the movies and came across some info in my figure research etc..) but they have clans that like any society tend to clash now and again especially over tradition it seems, I believe this is loosely based on the Japanese Samurai Bushido type situation which is in conflict with change and breaking tradition. In this case an unknown clan (to me that is) have started experimenting with genetic modification of themselves using DNA from their most resilient prey (taken in the form of trophies like the skull with spine containing all the brain matter and nervous system). The Fugitive Predator turns out to have some human DNA which is perhaps why he travels to Earth (betraying his clan) to try to warn the humans of the imminent new genetically boosted Predators soon to come their way, he also brings a special gift to help the humans fight the advanced giant Predators (like the Assassin/Hulk Predator) in the form of a MECH/Iron Man type suit to even the odds a bit. Of course his clan would be furious of his betrayal of their banned experiments (causing problems for them on their home world as well as ruining their plans to breed genetically enhanced hunters that would have been secretly sent off world to be tested against even bigger prey) so they sent the already genetically enhanced Assassin Predator to eliminate the Fugitive Predator (recovering his DNA for analysis with the traditional 'ripping his head and spine out of his body' collection process, this is conjecture on my part but it is what he does). The Assassin also needs to locate all their stolen technology (by the Fugitive Predator) and take it from any humans who may have found it (FP's spaceship crashed when they shot it down thinking it was a threat so they did find loads). The Assassin Predator is also tasked with finding new useful DNA for his clan's experiments, which in this case is a little boy who is autistic but with a genius IQ, making me conclude that they want their enhanced ultimate hunters to be brains and brawn. Damn am I glad you asked this question after I'd got my new keyboard working!!!Wink

Primered the entire figure in black now so it's just waiting for paint apps. There is a flaking problem due to the latex but that's better that the paint never curing which is what happens with some primers on rubber based builds..

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 V7XG0Jn

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 MCB8B7Q

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 SRfmyQj

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 CpNxJw5

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 Z0KQidG

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 LtpoWem

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 Cq2Tr86

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 82nQDhe

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 US6tWBH

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:That NECA figure looks quite good, but, their regular predators are the same size as humans. Gives you a bit more reference though.

CHEERS!

That's odd given all the amazing reference material they will have access too, why make such a basic error in scale? The humans should be 6" or less in that case, weird. Might explain why they seem to have gone for the wrong (in my opinion) colours for this Pred too, he's far more green in the movie with striking red accents; they can't blame that on the lighting as he was a complete CGI character unlike the FP that was sometimes CGI and sometimes an actor in a suit.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Looking good,

I guess the NECA might be a decent paint reference. Looks like other pics. That said, their paint on the Ultimate Gremlins is actually way off when compared to pics of the screen used ones.

CHEERS!

EDIT: Ok, after reading your post, maybe not then! Go green!

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:

That's odd given all the amazing reference material they will have access too, why make such a basic error in scale? The humans should be 6" or less in that case, weird. Might explain why they seem to have gone for the wrong (in my opinion) colours for this Pred too, he's far more green in the movie with striking red accents; they can't blame that on the lighting as he was a complete CGI character unlike the FP that was sometimes CGI and sometimes an actor in a suit.

That's mainly because NECA are just doing 7" figures and not doing them to a particular scale most of the time. Their scale varies wildly. The Gremlins are about 1/4 scale and the Ash vs Evil Dead figure they did was more like 1/12. It's really weird, some are in scale and some plain aren't. It's the luck of the draw as to what you get.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Looking good,

I guess the NECA might be a decent paint reference. Looks like other pics. That said, their paint on the Ultimate Gremlins is actually way off when compared to pics of the screen used ones.

CHEERS!

The stills do seem to have quite a degree of colour variants and the movie doesn't help with real lighting changes then compensated on the CGI model so that changes too...hell I'll just blame the CGI guys and stick with the dark green and red as that's been my plan all along and I didn't invent the colour scheme, it just seems to be the most consistent allowing for all the variables involved, hell he's invisible half the bloody time! Laughing

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:

That's mainly because NECA are just doing 7" figures and not doing them to a particular scale most of the time. Their scale varies wildly. The Gremlins are about 1/4 scale and the Ash vs Evil Dead figure they did was more like 1/12. It's really weird, some are in scale and some plain aren't. It's the luck of the draw as to what you get.

CHEERS!

I thought you meant humans in the same universe/franchise/series like Dutch Shaffer or the Space Marines etc..

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:

The stills do seem to have quite a degree of colour variants and the movie doesn't help with real lighting changes then compensated on the CGI model so that changes too...hell I'll just blame the CGI guys and stick with the dark green and red as that's been my plan all along and I didn't invent the colour scheme, it just seems to be the most consistent allowing for all the variables involved, hell he's invisible half the bloody time! Laughing

Sounds like a plan!

CHEERS!

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:

I thought you meant humans in the same universe/franchise/series like Dutch Shaffer or the Space Marines etc..

Oh, no. NECA never have been totally scale specific.

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks for the explanation. It's funny, aside from them having space travel technology, and really cool weapons, it's always hard to think of them as little more than savages, but all of that would make sense. Just because they look like "animals" doesn't mean they're idiots. Ahh, the arrogance of Human thinking rears it's ugly head again.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Thanks for the explanation. It's funny, aside from them having space travel technology, and really cool weapons, it's always hard to think of them as little more than savages, but all of that would make sense. Just because they look like "animals" doesn't mean they're idiots. Ahh, the arrogance of Human thinking rears it's ugly head again.

They're far more intelligent than the average human, it would be like saying Jabba the Hutt was stupid but x10! LOL. Predators actually look down on humans as an inferior species, like we hunt wild boar for example even though we know pigs are intelligent.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
shovelchop81 wrote:
Rogerbee wrote:Looking good,

CHEERS!

After going through all my movie still pics up close on my tablet I realised why I had thought he was green not grey, it's his own blood! Because he has bioarmour rather than regular armour the mg and smg bullets pierce his skin before bouncing off causing no serious damage but still rupturing capillaries etc.. like a little cut on your face, looks bad but it really isn't. So all that blood smeared over him (which is bright green of course) from the hundreds of bullet strikes gave him a green appearance in a lot of the battle scene stills.

Done a grey base layer.

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 Mwu5H7b

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 TlEgXRe

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 X0TMRfN

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Annoyed by the paint flaking problem I realised I had a solution practically staring me in the face, I still had some grey liquid latex in my cupboard! I gave the already applied paint a good scrub with a sanding pad to get rid of the worst of the flakes and allow areas for the new latex coat adhere to so hopefully it won't peal off. I then mixed a bit of black ink in with it to darken it without compromising it (I'm pretty sure acrylic paint wouldn't mix well but don't actually know if I've tried that before) and then just sponged it over the entire body of the figure making sure I got it into all the nooks and crannies as anchor points in case the adhesive properties aren't as strong as I hope they are; drying now so we'll find out later.

splitting and flaking acrylic, not terrible for this type of figure but still undesirable.

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 LpT5ujL

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 Cc53rsW

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 Bdiy5rv

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 YlmSqDs

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 YJ5A8rm

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 N7t1rZ1

After a scrub

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 BDElTMM

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 CuHgC0m

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 HmYfxaA

All done

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 Wd06I4u

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 ES9N1Xx

Not quite this type of latex bodysuit but same idea sort of...pics like these are why I get seriously distracted on imgur and forget why I opened the app in the first place! Laughing Wink

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 8njHjIr

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Well that seems to have done it, still need to be careful not to rip it but he has 'smooth' finish and is still well articulated, I also added the lighter (no black ink) latex on top where the NECA figure shows lighter patches of grey. Sponged on the red lines then used a red sharpie as my Gory Red got over dilluted by mistake, I was running out of it Embarassed , then gave the whole body, hands and mouth parts a black ink wash and wipe down. Looks quite vivid for a Predator so I may tone the red down a bit, not sure need to see it with fresh eyes after a night's sleep. Still need to finish the head hence no pics of that yet.

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 DYcPM64

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 XihIMd9

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 HnVJJSr

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 Hnhdf8y

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 IbHfSVF

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 SR2i8No

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 GezgShe

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 Ae1aqFd

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 X1EBxdZ

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 YWol2ku

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 Jh8IfUj

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 KjI0dT0

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 NssUo7x

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 ZJHtxul

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 FxX5v1L

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 SxNSrba

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 Wv6bs3r

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 7X4FcUj

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 BvRROSl

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 JcdqcfG

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 MJU43jy#

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 GtVOGZ1

LOOKS LIKE I WENT TOO LIGHT WITH THE GREY..

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 HPAg5Rs

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 CMfFOaZ

THE ADDED SPIKES LOOK MORE LIKE NIPPLES SO THEY NEED TO GO TOO.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Right, redone the colouration so he's darker using latex and marker, also made sure to take some natural light pics as the flash had made the previous result look worse than it was. Will probably add a black wash again and some medium grey pastel for highlights. Removed the 'nipple' spikes as well.

Just latex

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 FrataHq

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 SDWUC7d

Sharpie red added with flash on

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 PwcWpmg

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 SUV3jTz

Natural light

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 7NZsrDQ

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 4CH3fPu

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 ItMQfPY

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 SnmQ0Ik

Latex on head drying

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 2Yzxmvd

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 7SDKIoq

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 7QQY2Pr

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Looking good so far!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
Looking good so far!

CHEERS!

Thanks! Finally found your Gremlin thread! Since this guy is mostly latex too I'll put some silicone oil on him when I'm done and you can be the judge of how it affects the finish, as for proof of preservation well that will take a few years! Wink

I've been concentrating on his mandibles, waist armour and adding grey pastel as a highlight/blender over everything. Still need to finish the mandibles such as painting the rubber inner jaw muscles (the mouth parts don't look nearly as bright in real life) and teeth and paint copper on all the beads of the dredds.

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 7ElXu6N

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 CmRopyG

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 I18GShw

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 FG8kLRp

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 LbymWjT

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 JW6oRJJ

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 ZR2n4hW

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 1rYrvQx

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 SkMYtVH

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 A5O52aQ

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 9iLZcBV

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Coming along!

I will still seal my Gremlin with polyurethane as I want to paint on top of it with acrylics in order to redo his eyes and touch up other areas.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
Coming along!

I will still seal my Gremlin with polyurethane as I want to paint on top of it with acrylics in order to redo his eyes and touch up other areas.

CHEERS!

Cool, just make sure it doesn't contain any additives that will eat the paint and latex! Although you seem to test everything paint orientated so I'm preaching to the choir there! Very Happy

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Chris said he used it and one of the team from Cabin Fever 3 used it on their display pieces, so it should be ok.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
Chris said he used it and one of the team from Cabin Fever 3 used it on their display pieces, so it should be ok.

CHEERS!

All good then.

Been busy repainting his dredds as the beads were the wrong colours, messy job that I should have done before I glued them to the head! I'm mucking around with the dreaded eyes now, bloody hate eyes... need to make all my figures blind! Wink Also been working out his weapon systems for his gauntlets, been a bit of a parts juggle as I've changed designs or been torn between saving a part for another planned build scratch also coming across new products depicting the character changes things like the 1/6 statue I just saw on pintrest of the HP and his forearm blaster. No one else seems to have attempted to depict the grappling hook/speargun weapon he has so that's still open to interpretation due to the lack of source material; you'll see below some pics of the CGI and then the actual physical blue-screen set which is why there are no props to look at! Made his armour out of real leather and painted all his claws, painted/inked/pastelled/glossed his mouth parts and head too.

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 BH0qBDR

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 LPFJHh6

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 6O90UVy

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 1I2Bh0J

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 QlN3WAu

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 T1bYZOq

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 F99Dnjd

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 WGOguaT

I STARTED OFF USING THIS AS A BASIC REFERENCE FOR THE WRIST BLASTER

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 AsXIVkM

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 BKcZaGU

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 The-predator-2018-movie-clip-ambushing-upgrade-predator-81

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 3dq6J0k

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 Zd1WvHM

THEN SAW THIS REALLY NICE STATUE WHERE IT LOOKS A BIT DIFFERENT SO I MARRIED THE TWO IDEAS

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 KqiRo8m

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 RqxYs4P

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 DIrZOgM

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 Yn3DnwZ

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 ZdY5FBJ

WHY COULDN'T I GET A GOOD COLOUR REFERENCE? TURNS OUT HIS SKIN HAS ADAPTIVE CAMOUFLAGE EVEN WHEN NOT CLOAKED!

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 PEOrSTq

ALL I'VE GOT FOR THE HARPOON LAUNCHER AS REFERENCE!

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 V2jmbG7

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 Cp0SlUD

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 Ctwcnq6

MINE SO FAR..

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 TSJQSCz

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 J7wZJkv

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 KOrfHkH

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 CBjsMTl

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 Vrbx0Dr

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 Q7R40fs

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 Hp5swM1

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 1PEKA9y

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 Gyl9oD7

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 U944k4x

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 BpMlNE2

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 G4Owq9f

WHY THERE ARE NO PROPS FOR REFERENCE!

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 FAgQlE4

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 6Cr1XUY

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 HufeRIE

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 14 BaCfwSx

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Coming along nicely!

CHEERS!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum