OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need clothes advice / assistance - TBleague Bodies

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

yeeeeeeeeeaaaaahboooooooi

Heya there,

A year or so I bought a Phicen/TBLeague PLMB2017-S23B body (his is the suntan "athletic" female body) and a random super duck head off aliexpress.

I didn't get any clothes at the time, and I mostly put the stuff away for a while.

Now a month or so ago I got interested again and bought one of the new smaller S25B bodies, some weapons, and this
set of clothes (FG037C).

That clothes set was pretty much what I was looking for custom character-wise.

Anywho, times passes and I get the stuffs… Aaand of course, the clothes don't fit on the S23B body. Darn! I should have seen that coming. They seem to fit alright on the S25B body… although I can't seem to get the feet into the running shoes.

So I suppose my questions are:

What body is that clothing set really designed for?

What are some clothes that will fit an S22/S23 athletic body?
How can I spot/identify clothes that do fit said body?

#phicen #tbleague #clothing

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Welcome YB! This isn't my area at all so I'll let others answer that! LOL

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Hi YB (how on earth will you spell your screen name correctly next time you try to log in?).

S23B is what used to be a standard size for TBLeague female bodies, and these were larger than the recent petite releases like S25B. So clothing that fits S25B might not be large enough to fit S23B. Ironically, most of us have been worried about the opposite -- there is relatively little sixth-scale clothing out there for the new petite bodies. Most sixth-scale clothing options online (for example on eBay), especially those advertised for Phicen/TBLeague and Jiaou bodies, ought to fit S23B.

I'll be using my password manager to log in Smile

The clothes set I purchased is pre-S25B I think, but it didn't want to fit on the S23B body. And of course, I can't get either the S23B or S25B feet in the running shoes that came with the set.

Perhaps older bodies came with smaller feet?

Guess i'll try and grab some other clothing set or item and see if it fits on the S23B body.

I did read some threads here about the smaller bodies and I'm not sure what I'm gonna do for a head. It's got a smaller ball peg!

PureEnergy

Welcome, and good luck in your endeavors.  

I would also encourage anyone to venture out on the limb that is the making of your own garb.  Depending on what your particular styles may be, some degree of outfitting may be quite easily accomplished without even a single stitch.  

Anyway, again, welcome, YB!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Some clothing, especially that meant for Barbies, can be a bit too tight (though not always). Have you patiently tried to squeeze in the rubbery flesh? Sometimes it is more accommodating than one might think, but proceed at your own risk.

I forgot about the feet. Haven't had that problem with the female bodies myself, but it is definitely a problem for the male bodies (by TBLeague) -- I would advise either using shoes that are meant for pegs rather than feet or replacing the TBLeague feet with other ones that would fit on the pegs sticking out of the lower legs. In theory, both of these alternatives should work, but of course it depends on what you're working with. Perhaps someone else can advise further...

The smaller ball peg for the head is an added challenge, but not as bad as if it were too big. If nothing else, you can always stuff/wrap a little bit of foamie material to get a better grip inside there.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
One of the things that I’ve done for feet that have to fit into hollow shoes: if you have a Dremel, shave the sides of the feet down a bit (don’t go overboard) at the widest part of the foot (and if the feet are too long, shave down the toes as much as necessary). As far as those clothes that you purchased, they look like they are on a medium bust figure (either the PLMB2017-S18A [pale] or S19B [suntan]).

Unfortunately, kitbashing is a LOT about trial and error. The more you play at this, the more you end up with in the long run. Depending on which sites you shop, sometimes the e-tailer will tell you in the description which body the clothes are designed for (onesixthkit.com is good at doing this). You’ll start to figure out the more bodies, heads, and clothes you buy, that color matching skin tones is an issue, as well. Don’t be afraid to check out Jiaou Doll as another option, or bodies that are semi-seamless (like Very Cool), if the majority of the figure is going to be clothed. Jointed bodies (with a rubber torso) would work just as easily for that denim set of clothing, as well, since her neck, cleavage, and stomach are pretty much the only exposed areas. Getting clothes on the seamless bodies is a bit of a chore, and there are a few techniques that make it easier (wrapping the arms and legs in Seran Wrap (cellophane) is one of my go-to’s.

Be sure to soak any clothing you do have in a soapy/distilled vinegar bath (then a rinse to remove the excess soap and vinegar), allow to dry on a paper towel (if the paper towel stains at all, do the soak again, until their is no more excess dye). The seamless bodies can stain horribly, and easily, if you’re not careful.

Good luck.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

clothing - Need clothes advice / assistance - TBleague Bodies C8485110

Thanks Stryker, that's the advice I was looking for!

Yeah, I've been eying the jointed bodies for bulkier clothes. Interesting that there's one with a seamless torso, that might be what I'm looking for! Or… I could just get an S19B I suppose!

I read up on the skin tones a bit before I purchased the bodies in the first place… Suntan seems to be the best for the heads available, but I'm sure there's lighter bodies!

I think trial and error is both the best and worst part of kit bashing from what I see!
Just looking for a set of clothes that fit right now I guess!

Would something like this fit? I'm looking at the bust and hips and thinking no…

Any recommendations on something that will "probably definitely" fit the S23B?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Those workout clothes should fit the S23B. Another option is Cat Toys CT011 (sort of exercise underwear with roller skates). Also, Super Duck makes some outfits designed for that body, like the Chun Li (Street Fighter) outfit. The hardest part of getting clothes on the 23B is the thighs and buttocks, but it’s doable. Just take your time. It’s all about the trial and error, unfortunately. Good luck.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

clothing - Need clothes advice / assistance - TBleague Bodies C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum