OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Toys Era Psylocke (Body swapped to a Phicen)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Toys Era Psylocke (Body swapped to a Phicen) Empty Toys Era Psylocke (Body swapped to a Phicen) on Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:36 am

Here's mine. Went with the Pain Killer Jane body. The custom was not too hard to remove and put on the Phicen boby. I used some Vaseline to get the arm sleeves and boot on. Made it very easy. Enjoy the pictures.

Toys Era Psylocke (Body swapped to a Phicen) 44738675720_99f87fcaab_zDSC05231 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Toys Era Psylocke (Body swapped to a Phicen) 45832230874_fdb947f6f5_zDSC05232 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Toys Era Psylocke (Body swapped to a Phicen) 44738675400_ebb8fd140d_zDSC05233 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Toys Era Psylocke (Body swapped to a Phicen) 45832230514_ac9ab00497_zDSC05234 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Toys Era Psylocke (Body swapped to a Phicen) 44738675100_5cab32d4e2_zDSC05235 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

AFM

View user profile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That turned out great. I got mine in the other day, and wasn’t sure what body to swap it to. It’s unfortunate that the light up blade effect isn’t useable with a body swap.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Toys Era Psylocke (Body swapped to a Phicen) TCFITBi
View user profile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks like a great fit and another fine custom figure for your collection.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I don’t have that Painkiller Jane body. Does anyone know what it’s number is?

View user profile
That turned out great. I got mine in the other day, and wasn’t sure what body to swap it to. It’s unfortunate that the light up blade effect isn’t useable with a body swap.

Yeah, but I wasn't sure how long it would have lasted. I'll use SPFX when I animate here.

GubernatorFan wrote:Looks like a great fit and another fine custom figure for your collection.

Thanks brothers.

Stryker2011 wrote:I don’t have that Painkiller Jane body. Does anyone know what it’s number is?
This one will work too.

https://www.monkeydepot.com/Figure_TBLeague_Galaxy_Soldier_Base_Body_p/pcl1050.htm

View user profile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool. Thanks for the tip, AFM. (I'm going to try that Vaseline trick, did you put it directly on the figure?)

View user profile
Stryker2011 wrote:Cool. Thanks for the tip, AFM. (I'm going to try that Vaseline trick, did you put it directly on the figure?)

I did. I put it on the parts first lightly and evenly. I didn't glob it on. Work well for me.
Oh and I did have to dremal out the head so could use the standard neck peg, then it went right on and works perfect.

View user profile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yeah, I see that with the head. Haven’t tried to take the outfit off yet. I popped the head off and tried it on a TBL I had lying around. I currently only have the use of one arm, so it could be awhile before I can make the swap, anyway.

View user profile
Damn, really does look great on the Phicen body. Is there definitely no way to get the light up blade feature swapped over?

Thanks Rev. It really is amazing how a body swap can change the whole game for this figure. As far as the blade light, I can't think of away or reason to try without some serious modding. It would be more than I'm will to try. I completely happy with it as is now.

View user profile
Is that Olivia Munn?  I need that Head Sculpt - but that’s all, so I don’t want to throw down a note for that whole figure…  I shall be searching...  

Excellent conversion, brother.

View user profile
PureEnergy wrote:Is that Olivia Munn?  I need that Head Sculpt - but that’s all, so I don’t want to throw down a note for that whole figure…  I shall be searching...  

Thanks brother. Yeah it's suppose to be her. I bet she will come up for parting out real soon.

View user profile

13Toys Era Psylocke (Body swapped to a Phicen) Empty Re: Toys Era Psylocke (Body swapped to a Phicen) on Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:10 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
PureEnergy wrote:Is that Olivia Munn?  I need that Head Sculpt - but that’s all, so I don’t want to throw down a note for that whole figure…  I shall be searching...  

You could always look into this sculpt by Kumik:

Toys Era Psylocke (Body swapped to a Phicen) S-l16099

But be forewarned: skin tone matching could be difficult. Kumik makes some nice sculpts, and there are a lot of them, but it's been a couple years since I bought one because they used to be on the orange or yellow side, and VERY difficult to match to any bodies (including their own). But, as I said, I haven't purchased one in a long time, so no idea if that is still an issue with them.

View user profile
Thank you, Stryker.  That's a nice likeness.  I may have to take a chance and see if it's an adequate match.  It's difficult to determine from photos, but it does not appear to be as yellowish as other Kumik Sculps that I have seen, so perhaps they've adjusted?  

I should certainly hope so.

Thanks again!

View user profile

15Toys Era Psylocke (Body swapped to a Phicen) Empty Re: Toys Era Psylocke (Body swapped to a Phicen) on Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:54 am

Man, that body was made for the outfit, AFM...or so it seems.

Mighty nice work and a fine addition.

View user profile
dadrab wrote:Man, that body was made for the outfit, AFM...or so it seems.

Mighty nice work and a fine addition.

Thanks brother. I'm pretty happy with her, but might switch out the head to match better. Still glad I now have a Psylocke to add to my X-Men line up.

View user profile
@AFM. Painkiller Jane body?! Great job covering the scars/wounds! Maybe the Vaseline helped heal the wounds haha.
Last night i was putting on the SuperDuck Power Girl outfit on a S21B.
Somehow i managed but after a lot of expletives and teeth-grinding!
Now I really appreciate more your customs (and others') with those damn tight outfits!

@Stryker. My first time to see that KUMIK Munn head, very nice likeness!
I google "18-31" and saw a seller's pic, looks like it got squished vertically during mass production! ZERO LIKENESS!
Caveat Emptor!

https://picclick.com/KUMIK-KM18-31-1-6-Female-Head-Sculpt-LONG-BLACK-163265217553.html

View user profile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
rollotomasi wrote:@Stryker. My first time to see that KUMIK Munn head, very nice likeness!
I google "18-31" and saw a seller's pic, looks like it got squished vertically during mass production! ZERO LIKENESS!
Caveat Emptor!

https://picclick.com/KUMIK-KM18-31-1-6-Female-Head-Sculpt-LONG-BLACK-163265217553.html

Oh man, thats unfortunate.

View user profile

19Toys Era Psylocke (Body swapped to a Phicen) Empty Re: Toys Era Psylocke (Body swapped to a Phicen) on Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:25 am

rollotomasi wrote:@AFM. Painkiller Jane body?! Great job covering the scars/wounds! Maybe the Vaseline helped heal the wounds haha.
Last night i was putting on the SuperDuck Power Girl outfit on a S21B.
Somehow i managed but after a lot of expletives and teeth-grinding!
Now I really appreciate more your customs (and others') with those damn tight outfits!
Thanks my friend. Alwasy appreciate you kind words. As for the scares on the Pain Killer Jane body, (Your Vaseline healing, made me LOL) lol!  actually I used mineral spirits to remove the red scares. They come off really ease. I've also done did that the Red Sonja body. Speaking of the Red Sonja body. I ordered one thinking it might be a better match for Psylocke, but it's that same skin tone as the Pain Killer Jane.
Stryker2011 wrote:
rollotomasi wrote:@Stryker. My first time to see that KUMIK Munn head, very nice likeness!
Caveat Emptor!
Hey Guys what do you think of this head?
https://giantoy.com/collections/female-head/products/pre-order-1-6-scale-ymtoys-ymt017-li-female-head-sculpt-h-suntan?variant=13917589962815

I'm not so concern with the Olivia M likeness as I'm looking to have a good skin tone match and Psylocke representation. Let me know your thoughts please.

View user profile

20Toys Era Psylocke (Body swapped to a Phicen) Empty Re: Toys Era Psylocke (Body swapped to a Phicen) on Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:34 am

Awesome custom, You have the most fantastic collection of comic classic super heroes, I love that! That Psyloke is no exception, she looks gorgeous next to Wolvie!

View user profile

21Toys Era Psylocke (Body swapped to a Phicen) Empty Re: Toys Era Psylocke (Body swapped to a Phicen) on Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:59 am

That YMtoys headsculpt would definitely do! And suntan to boot! Go! Go! Go!

View user profile
blackpool wrote:Awesome custom, You have the most fantastic collection of comic classic super heroes, I love that! That Psyloke is no exception, she looks gorgeous next to Wolvie!

Thanks so much my friend. Glad another can appreciate the vision of my attempts.
rollotomasi wrote:That YMtoys headsculpt would definitely do! And suntan to boot! Go! Go! Go!

Thanks buddy. This is not the head but wanted to show how good it does look when the skin matches the body. The other head has been ordered.

Toys Era Psylocke (Body swapped to a Phicen) 31775740277_c5c85e721f_kDSC05346 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Toys Era Psylocke (Body swapped to a Phicen) 46664525642_0c915a16a4_kDSC05347 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

View user profile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I swapped mine, too, AFM2. I hope you don't mind me sharing here... I'll probably swap out the head, as well, since the color match isn't great. (Now I'll have to find a use for the Olivia Munn/Purple haired sculpt.

Toys Era Psylocke (Body swapped to a Phicen) _dsc3019

View user profile
Stryker2011 wrote:I swapped mine, too, AFM2. I hope you don't mind me sharing here... I'll probably swap out the head, as well, since the color match isn't great. (Now I'll have to find a use for the Olivia Munn/Purple haired sculpt.

Toys Era Psylocke (Body swapped to a Phicen) _dsc3019

Not a problem my friend. I like it. I'm still waiting for the new head. End of April it should get here. Can't wait.
Post yours when you get your head. Curious to what you will choose.

View user profile

25Toys Era Psylocke (Body swapped to a Phicen) Empty Re: Toys Era Psylocke (Body swapped to a Phicen) on Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:09 pm

Nice costume Very Happy looks great!

View user profile

26Toys Era Psylocke (Body swapped to a Phicen) Empty Re: Toys Era Psylocke (Body swapped to a Phicen) on Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:50 am

Great work on the body swap and I really dug this HS that matched the skin colour. It's fits nice with the rest of the figure imho.
I really liked how this turned out. Can this chest "armor" be taken out? I didn't like it much, it seems a bit off to me.

View user profile

27Toys Era Psylocke (Body swapped to a Phicen) Empty Re: Toys Era Psylocke (Body swapped to a Phicen) on Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:54 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
FreakinLobster wrote:Great work on the body swap and I really dug this HS that matched the skin colour. It's fits nice with the rest of the figure imho.
I really liked how this turned out. Can this chest "armor" be taken out? I didn't like it much, it seems a bit off to me.

I think it can, though I didn't try -- mine was glued on pretty good. I didn't have any problems with it coming loose as I tried to finagle it over her bust. The bottom part of that chest piece kind of sticks out, but cinching her sash super tight around it takes care of that.

View user profile
Stryker2011 wrote:
FreakinLobster wrote:Great work on the body swap and I really dug this HS that matched the skin colour. It's fits nice with the rest of the figure imho.

I think it can, though I didn't try -- mine was glued on pretty good. I didn't have any problems with it coming loose as I tried to finagle it over her bust. The bottom part of that chest piece kind of sticks out, but cinching her sash super tight around it takes care of that.

Thanks. Hope I can get this outfit loose. And I liked this asian HS. I don't mind it not being that faithful to the movie.

View user profile
actionfiguremovies2 wrote:
blackpool wrote:Awesome custom, You have the most fantastic collection of comic classic super heroes, I love that! That Psyloke is no exception, she looks gorgeous next to Wolvie!

Thanks so much my friend. Glad another can appreciate the vision of my attempts.
rollotomasi wrote:That YMtoys headsculpt would definitely do! And suntan to boot! Go! Go! Go!

Thanks buddy. This is not the head but wanted to show how good it does look when the skin matches the body. The other head has been ordered.

Toys Era Psylocke (Body swapped to a Phicen) 31775740277_c5c85e721f_kDSC05346 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Toys Era Psylocke (Body swapped to a Phicen) 46664525642_0c915a16a4_kDSC05347 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Which HS is this one? I think it fit nicely with the figure. I always thought the Psylocke's design would be cooler with an asian face.

View user profile
FreakinLobster wrote:
actionfiguremovies2 wrote:

Which HS is this one? I think it fit nicely with the figure. I always thought the Psylocke's design would be cooler with an asian face.

This is the head.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Asian-Female-Head-Sculpt-LONG-BLACK-Hair-For-PHICEN-Figure-SUNTAN-Doll-USA/263819011404?hash=item3d6cd6a54c:g:194AAOSwjZ5bTLTL:rk:45🇵🇫0

View user profile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I'm leaning toward this one to replace the Olivia Munn:

Toys Era Psylocke (Body swapped to a Phicen) 10_17210

View user profile
This one is really awesome too. Now I'm in doubt...

View user profile
Both, or rather all, are gorgeous! : )

Focusing on the Prequels, Clone Wars, and Original Trilogy eras (NO 'sequels', thanks!)
View user profile https://the-far-bright-center.tumblr.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum