OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Toys Era Psylocke (Body swapped to a Phicen)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Toys Era Psylocke (Body swapped to a Phicen) on Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:36 am

Here's mine. Went with the Pain Killer Jane body. The custom was not too hard to remove and put on the Phicen boby. I used some Vaseline to get the arm sleeves and boot on. Made it very easy. Enjoy the pictures.

DSC05231 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC05232 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC05233 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC05234 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC05235 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

AFM

View user profile

Stryker2011

Founding Father
That turned out great. I got mine in the other day, and wasn’t sure what body to swap it to. It’s unfortunate that the light up blade effect isn’t useable with a body swap.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

View user profile

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Looks like a great fit and another fine custom figure for your collection.

Stryker2011

Founding Father
I don’t have that Painkiller Jane body. Does anyone know what it’s number is?

View user profile
That turned out great. I got mine in the other day, and wasn’t sure what body to swap it to. It’s unfortunate that the light up blade effect isn’t useable with a body swap.

Yeah, but I wasn't sure how long it would have lasted. I'll use SPFX when I animate here.

GubernatorFan wrote:Looks like a great fit and another fine custom figure for your collection.

Thanks brothers.

Stryker2011 wrote:I don’t have that Painkiller Jane body. Does anyone know what it’s number is?
This one will work too.

https://www.monkeydepot.com/Figure_TBLeague_Galaxy_Soldier_Base_Body_p/pcl1050.htm

View user profile

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Cool. Thanks for the tip, AFM. (I'm going to try that Vaseline trick, did you put it directly on the figure?)

View user profile
Stryker2011 wrote:Cool. Thanks for the tip, AFM. (I'm going to try that Vaseline trick, did you put it directly on the figure?)

I did. I put it on the parts first lightly and evenly. I didn't glob it on. Work well for me.
Oh and I did have to dremal out the head so could use the standard neck peg, then it went right on and works perfect.

View user profile

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Yeah, I see that with the head. Haven’t tried to take the outfit off yet. I popped the head off and tried it on a TBL I had lying around. I currently only have the use of one arm, so it could be awhile before I can make the swap, anyway.

View user profile
Damn, really does look great on the Phicen body. Is there definitely no way to get the light up blade feature swapped over?

Thanks Rev. It really is amazing how a body swap can change the whole game for this figure. As far as the blade light, I can't think of away or reason to try without some serious modding. It would be more than I'm will to try. I completely happy with it as is now.

View user profile
Is that Olivia Munn?  I need that Head Sculpt - but that’s all, so I don’t want to throw down a note for that whole figure…  I shall be searching...  

Excellent conversion, brother.

PureEnergy wrote:Is that Olivia Munn?  I need that Head Sculpt - but that’s all, so I don’t want to throw down a note for that whole figure…  I shall be searching...  

Thanks brother. Yeah it's suppose to be her. I bet she will come up for parting out real soon.

View user profile

13 Re: Toys Era Psylocke (Body swapped to a Phicen) on Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:10 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
PureEnergy wrote:Is that Olivia Munn?  I need that Head Sculpt - but that’s all, so I don’t want to throw down a note for that whole figure…  I shall be searching...  

You could always look into this sculpt by Kumik:

But be forewarned: skin tone matching could be difficult. Kumik makes some nice sculpts, and there are a lot of them, but it's been a couple years since I bought one because they used to be on the orange or yellow side, and VERY difficult to match to any bodies (including their own). But, as I said, I haven't purchased one in a long time, so no idea if that is still an issue with them.

View user profile
Thank you, Stryker.  That's a nice likeness.  I may have to take a chance and see if it's an adequate match.  It's difficult to determine from photos, but it does not appear to be as yellowish as other Kumik Sculps that I have seen, so perhaps they've adjusted?  

I should certainly hope so.

Thanks again!

15 Re: Toys Era Psylocke (Body swapped to a Phicen) on Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:54 am

Man, that body was made for the outfit, AFM...or so it seems.

Mighty nice work and a fine addition.

View user profile
dadrab wrote:Man, that body was made for the outfit, AFM...or so it seems.

Mighty nice work and a fine addition.

Thanks brother. I'm pretty happy with her, but might switch out the head to match better. Still glad I now have a Psylocke to add to my X-Men line up.

View user profile
@AFM. Painkiller Jane body?! Great job covering the scars/wounds! Maybe the Vaseline helped heal the wounds haha.
Last night i was putting on the SuperDuck Power Girl outfit on a S21B.
Somehow i managed but after a lot of expletives and teeth-grinding!
Now I really appreciate more your customs (and others') with those damn tight outfits!

@Stryker. My first time to see that KUMIK Munn head, very nice likeness!
I google "18-31" and saw a seller's pic, looks like it got squished vertically during mass production! ZERO LIKENESS!
Caveat Emptor!

https://picclick.com/KUMIK-KM18-31-1-6-Female-Head-Sculpt-LONG-BLACK-163265217553.html

View user profile

Stryker2011

Founding Father
rollotomasi wrote:@Stryker. My first time to see that KUMIK Munn head, very nice likeness!
I google "18-31" and saw a seller's pic, looks like it got squished vertically during mass production! ZERO LIKENESS!
Caveat Emptor!

https://picclick.com/KUMIK-KM18-31-1-6-Female-Head-Sculpt-LONG-BLACK-163265217553.html

Oh man, thats unfortunate.

View user profile

19 Re: Toys Era Psylocke (Body swapped to a Phicen) on Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:25 am

rollotomasi wrote:@AFM. Painkiller Jane body?! Great job covering the scars/wounds! Maybe the Vaseline helped heal the wounds haha.
Last night i was putting on the SuperDuck Power Girl outfit on a S21B.
Somehow i managed but after a lot of expletives and teeth-grinding!
Now I really appreciate more your customs (and others') with those damn tight outfits!
Thanks my friend. Alwasy appreciate you kind words. As for the scares on the Pain Killer Jane body, (Your Vaseline healing, made me LOL) lol!  actually I used mineral spirits to remove the red scares. They come off really ease. I've also done did that the Red Sonja body. Speaking of the Red Sonja body. I ordered one thinking it might be a better match for Psylocke, but it's that same skin tone as the Pain Killer Jane.
Stryker2011 wrote:
rollotomasi wrote:@Stryker. My first time to see that KUMIK Munn head, very nice likeness!
Caveat Emptor!
Hey Guys what do you think of this head?
https://giantoy.com/collections/female-head/products/pre-order-1-6-scale-ymtoys-ymt017-li-female-head-sculpt-h-suntan?variant=13917589962815

I'm not so concern with the Olivia M likeness as I'm looking to have a good skin tone match and Psylocke representation. Let me know your thoughts please.

View user profile

20 Re: Toys Era Psylocke (Body swapped to a Phicen) on Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:34 am

Awesome custom, You have the most fantastic collection of comic classic super heroes, I love that! That Psyloke is no exception, she looks gorgeous next to Wolvie!

View user profile

21 Re: Toys Era Psylocke (Body swapped to a Phicen) on Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:59 am

That YMtoys headsculpt would definitely do! And suntan to boot! Go! Go! Go!

View user profile
blackpool wrote:Awesome custom, You have the most fantastic collection of comic classic super heroes, I love that! That Psyloke is no exception, she looks gorgeous next to Wolvie!

Thanks so much my friend. Glad another can appreciate the vision of my attempts.
rollotomasi wrote:That YMtoys headsculpt would definitely do! And suntan to boot! Go! Go! Go!

Thanks buddy. This is not the head but wanted to show how good it does look when the skin matches the body. The other head has been ordered.

DSC05346 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC05347 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum