OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

DAM neckless male head sculpt comparison

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1DAM neckless male head sculpt comparison  Empty DAM neckless male head sculpt comparison on Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:24 am

Hi, I just took this snap of my collection of DAM head sculpts. These 35 are almost all of the released male ‘neckless’ 78xxx series models except for a few stragglers. I figured it may help others when considering decisions for size and skin tone variations. If anyone has a the ‘screamy guy’ 78014 rifleman sculpt on offer, let me know. Sorry, I’m not collecting the attached neck ones and have to draw the line somewhere! ;-)

DAM neckless male head sculpt comparison  Eb1c1910

View user profile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s a nice collection.

My wishes: 1. All heads should be neckless. Most of the bodies made for necked heads are floppy disasters. And 2. More variety in ethnicities (while we’re starting to see more African Americans, it’d be nice to see some Hispanics — I can only recall one, but that had that stupid hair cut).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

DAM neckless male head sculpt comparison  TCFITBi
View user profile

3DAM neckless male head sculpt comparison  Empty Re: DAM neckless male head sculpt comparison on Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:43 am

Stryker2011 wrote:That’s a nice collection.

My wishes: 1. All heads should be neckless. Most of the bodies made for necked heads are floppy disasters. And 2. More variety in ethnicities (while we’re starting to see more African Americans, it’d be nice to see some Hispanics — I can only recall one, but that had that stupid hair cut).

Thanks. I agree entirely with your wish list. Neckless sculpts for sure to match the trend in bodies as you mention. That's my issue with DID and more recently Facepool. Some really great sculpts, but it's really limiting especially if you want to go seamless. Even if modified to a neckless, the colour match challenge is another issue. There seems to be a gap between the bodies mostly based on HT suntan and the sculpts that have either much lighter or darker tones.

Yes to diversity of ethnicity. DAM just recently announced the French police figure who is black..finally. Soldier Story has done a better job at this. Their sculpts tend to be smaller though.

View user profile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It is a very nice collection. DAM makes good head sculpts. And I thought I was collecting too many heads. Smile

Thank you!

View user profile
Love the reference picture, super handy! Has anyone else made such reference pictures of other heads?

View user profile

7DAM neckless male head sculpt comparison  Empty Re: DAM neckless male head sculpt comparison on Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:27 am

Might nice collection there, Mark. Thank you very much for showing it.

I've been eyeing the Eric Dane and Travis Van Winkle sculpts as "The Last Ship" was one of my favorite shows. Of course, TNT killed it...

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum