OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can female ponytails be taken down?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Can female ponytails be taken down? on Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:31 pm

So I'm thinking about making a character and one of the sculpts that would work, when choosing for hair color, comes with a ponytail. Are the sculpts usually bald under the ponytail? Thus, can they be removed? Thanks Smile

View user profile

2 Re: Can female ponytails be taken down? on Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:02 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Do you have a pic? Or can you describe which head it is? Is the entire head rooted? Like they just pulled the hair together like you would in real life? Or is it one of the ones with combination sculpted and rooted?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

View user profile

3 Re: Can female ponytails be taken down? on Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:05 am

I recently purchased the Gal Gadot WW Head Sculpt with pony tail, and upon removing the elastic band, I was horrified.  

There are certainly issues to consider - not the least of which is the hairline (that is, if you intend to ever change the hair piece).  

I have limited experience with such matters - but have learned that some pony tails are quite intended to be left as pony tails, with particular regard for their design.

View user profile

4 Re: Can female ponytails be taken down? on Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:23 pm

Sculpted or rooted, you can always just get rid of it all and add custom hair to the thole head (wigging). The only real obstacle is if it's sculpted and the sculpt extends on to the forehead, which makes things significantly a bigger problem.

5 Re: Can female ponytails be taken down? on Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:33 pm

Ugh, I answered, but forgot to post ! LOL, Ugh!

Anyways, I was looking at this head:.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Female-Head-Sculpt-Brown-Hair-GC019-A-For-12-PHICEN-Hot-Toys-Figure-USA/192635050677?hash=item2cd9f19ab5:g:EDUAAOSwfsFbfjnh🇸🇨USPSFirstClass!91364!US!-1

I probably will keep looking for a better head though Smile

View user profile

6 Re: Can female ponytails be taken down? on Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:31 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The hair on that one looks thick enough, so I think you should be able to. Sometimes the hair is thinned in parts if it’s intended to be pulled together like that, but I would think it’s doable. If you do pull it out, and it’s too thing, you could always redo the ponytail.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

View user profile

7 Re: Can female ponytails be taken down? on Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:41 am

For what it may be worth, I agree.  My guess would be that that Sculpt would look just fine if you were to take out the tail.

View user profile

8 Re: Can female ponytails be taken down? on Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:15 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You can also look around to see if there are other versions of the same GACTOYS head -- they usually come out with several, so you might not need to modify the ponytail after all. I have what I think is the same sculpt but with different paint, and straight loose hair in a blonde color.

9 Re: Can female ponytails be taken down? on Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:00 am

Thanks everyone Smile. Going to keep looking for a better match Smile

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum