OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mugs...

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

41Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:31 am

Cobratrooper11

i also vote for ann and nancy, i mean who wouldn't?

in all seriousness though this question really got me to thinking. the fact that there are so many people that arguably should have a sculpt already. and dont yet suprises me. probably i could make a long list but 5 is what you asked for. since we are asking for heart...

then i add following

1. young Brian Wilson...he is the reason we talk about the beach boys, and consider them practically equal to the beatles.

Mugs... - Page 3 Maxresdefault

2. Anni-Frid Lyngstad, because ABBA, and because she is a goddess

Mugs... - Page 3 76-12-16-annifrid-sp

3. do i even...she should have been done so long ago, since she is just impossibly cute, and nearly perfect. also a goddess, has an angelic voice, and even so probably too humble to ever admit it.

Mugs... - Page 3 47043584_356546675156188_1743748988544512328_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.cdninstagram

4. i know i probably am the only one here on this, but "Weird Al". mostly because he is him, and who among us doesn't love him?

Mugs... - Page 3 GettyImages-674271246-1494001173-1459x1000

5. Frank Sinatra, one of my heroes, and one of the best singers ever. i know...with the others i picked,  this one sticks out. trust me his is legendary and his songs are frankly classics.

Mugs... - Page 3 Frank-sinatra-9484810-3-402

if i really went on with this list, there could be over 100 probably, but thats for another time.

42Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:11 am

Peaches

Oh I'd love the pixie that is Lindsey Stirling! Would need her head on the new 1/12 body, ROFL. She is so awesome! Weird Al also a great choice. I'm sorry to say that to me, all the gorgeous women kinda start to look alike after a while Sad But those with more character like Liza Minnelli, Lindsey, Stevie, Gina Torres, they have personality before beauty Smile I'd like that Smile

43Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:54 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
I kept seeing Lindsey all over FB, took me ages to realise what she actually did. She went up in my estimation when she liked one of my comments on her page. She did a post about sheet music, so I said "It's not sheet, it's brilliant!".

I can't think of 5 that haven't been done or mentioned. However, one I do want is a younger Peter Cushing so I can have a Van Helsing to go with my Dracula. I may attempt to 'de-age' an HT Tarkin if nothing else emerges.

CHEERS!

44Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:07 am

shazzdan

shazzdan
Classics: Humphrey Bogart, Clark Gable, James Cagney, Errol Flynn, David Niven

45Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:27 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
shazzdan wrote:Classics: Humphrey Bogart, Clark Gable, James Cagney, Errol Flynn, David Niven

Good choices!

46Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:25 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Of course, the one thing about all this is that what appeals to us doesn't necessarily appeal to the many. Mass appeal wins the day these days. I know Peter could probably knock out everything we ever list, but artists can sometimes get inundated and overwhelmed.

It's nice to dream, but, we often have to acknowledge that we may not see them realised

CHEERS!

47Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:35 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:Of course, the one thing about all this is that what appeals to us doesn't necessarily appeal to the many. Mass appeal wins the day these days. I know Peter could probably knock out everything we ever list, but artists can sometimes get inundated and overwhelmed.

It's nice to dream,  but, we often have to acknowledge that we may not see them realised

CHEERS!

Yep. And they can take quite a long time. The guy who's sculpted heads for me is generally very busy (not only with real life, but with sculpting jobs). He and I have been in communication about the Logan's Run heads since 2017. There's been progress, but then real life happens, and since my projects with him are more of a one on one thing, his priority is for group projects. I'm fairly patient when it comes to this stuff, so it takes as long as it takes.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Mugs... - Page 3 C8485110

48Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:49 pm

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Yeah, we live in a time where only yesterday is good enough. They have no idea what goes into this kind of thing. I used to paint heads for someone and I tried as much as I could to get them to a point where I was happy with them and it took time. It wore me out and quality began to slip, we just agreed that it was better that he went elsewhere.

CHEERS!

49Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:08 pm

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
being a child of the 80s a lot of characters come to mind from movies that hold a special place in my heart.

but they won´t appeal to the masses so i´d wager they´ll not see the light of day anytime soon.

don´t get me wrong, i know there are wonderful custom sculpters that do amazing work and are worth every penny for their time and effort, it´s just that that particular head isnt so high on my priority list i´d spent more than a certain amount of money on it, or make spontaneous buy if a figure gets sold in parts.

1) peter falk as columbo
the older i get the more the series appeals to me

2) bolo yeung / bloodsport
no buddy movie session is complete without a good whiskey and bloodsport

3) michael ironside / total recall
okay it´s a 90s movie but the memories from that time all blend together in a musclebound arnie flash =) good times

4) rutger hauer / jugger(the blood of heroes)
had a bad copy on vhs back in the day and never found a proper blu ray version ever again

5) sven ole thorsen / thorgrim from conan
lots of arnold head sculpts and good material to build a proper conan, but who´s he gonna send to crom ? what is steel compared to a lack of enemies to crush

(it´s a close tie with james earl jones as thulsa doom)

50Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:01 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

I think Peter the Painter has done/could do most of them.

CHEERS!

51Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:41 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Jean Ross wrote:
Jean Ross wrote:I'm old, stuck in the sixties, and only interested in figures I can put on a horse, so here's my top 5:

Steve McQueen,
Native American Warrior,
Yul Brynner
Clayton Moore
Roy Rogers
  I guess I wasn't very clear in my post, I meant stuck in the sixties, as in, characters from shows and movies from the 60's.  I sculpture horses, therefore prefer figures that need a horse. Any clearer??
Jean

Wow, you sculpt 1/6 horses??? I am life-long horse lover,  used to show horses... and also to collect Breyer model horses when I was young. I'm dying for some 1/6 horses of the same quality....

While I mostly focus on collecting (and/or creating) versions of my various favourite fictional characters these days, I will always have that urge to collect model horses! :'')

(and p.s. being stuck in the 60s is good fun! even though I was born in the 80s and grew up in the 90s, my dad pretty much raised me on old hollywood films, so I can appreciate what you mean. Smile )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

52Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:00 pm

Peaches

Peaches
@skywalkersaga now I really feel old!

Speaking of "old movies"

Gigi = Leslie Caron
Bogie and Bacall
young Moritz Bleibtreu (he has an interesting face)
Rowan Atkinson as Blackadder1 LOL

53Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:19 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Bogie and Bacall would be awesome. I’ve always thought it would be cool to see other on-screen couples, and have often put William Powell and Myrna Loy As Nick & Nora (with Asta, of course) on any of my wish lists. It’s sad how little love is given to classic movie stars who are ten times better than 98% of the people working in Hollywood today (in my opinion).

54Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:57 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote: It’s sad how little love is given to classic movie stars who are ten times better than 98% of the people working in Hollywood today (in my opinion).

Indeed -- my dad pretty much raised me on classic movies from the 40s-60s, and I would LOVE to have the option of having/making favourite actors (or characters) from those in 1/6 form.

I'm already imagining being able to recreate some of my fave film noir and/or gothic horror scenes between the stunning Gene Tierney and the devilishly handsome young Vincent Price...

Mugs... - Page 3 Tumblr_okgtlq1n101r3i2gwo1_500

Mugs... - Page 3 Tumblr_nqewv1SeHD1s58j52o1_540

Such chemistry.... swooon.

As for those I'd want to see immortalized with quality 1/6 headsculpts....there are WAY too many for me to choose only FIVE, lol. Shocked  Plus, my personal 'wishlist' for this kind of thing changes almost daily depending on my mood and what project I'm working on, so it's truly hard to choose. Razz

My current top five (if I HAD to pick right at this moment):

1) the late, great Peter Steele, aka the sexiest man to ever walk the earth...  Wink

Mugs... - Page 3 Tumblr_inline_perrvnYus61rot5qn_1280

2) an ACTUAL Padme Amidala headsculpt (as opposed to the various 'looks sort of like Natalie Portman' knock-offs floating around out there). Even better if it could magically be one from RotS, and with REAL rooted hair (I would die of happiness). I have heard there will be an official HT AotC Padme, but I will shocked if it's anything other than the (*cough*, boring) 'default' Geonosis look.... -_-

3) David Bowie (even better if it's him as The Goblin King from The Labyrinth, complete with the tight pants and big hair, lmao...yet another childhood crush of mine. ;D

4) an 'official' Emily Kinney headsculpt, so I can finally make Beth Greene, aka my one of my fave female characters EVER (and literally the only reason I ever remotely cared about that dumb zombie show):

Mugs... - Page 3 Tumblr_nd8u0vzm2y1qgjfsoo1_500

She may not be a conventional beauty in the eyes of many, but I find her to be very unique looking with an ethereal elfin quality to her (she also looks much different in RL, with makeup on, etc.) There is a Kumik sculpt that *says* it's supposed to be her, but I'm not quite convinced.... ;/

5) pretty much any and all incarnations of my beloved Sir Christopher Lee (though seeing as there are already sculpts from Dracula and forthcoming Hot Toys Dooku, a likeness of him from The Devil Rides Out or as Lord Summerisle from The Wicker Man would be especially welcome -- what can I say, I love Sir Chris, and I love me some good folk horror and hammer horror! Smile )

55Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:08 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Interesting choices, sklywalkersaga.

Ahh, Gene Tierney. Laura is one of the best Noir films ever; I’d like to see her paired with Dana Andrews.

Have you seen the Asmus Christopher Lee/Sauraman? They put it out right after he passed, and I think they did a really good job. I’d like to see one of him and Peter Cushing from the first Dracula (but without the open mouth or bug-eyed look — those are nice options, but a third head with just his serious expression would have been great); or one of his even earlier films — like Sinbad the Sailor (he was uncredited in that one).

56Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:12 am

shazzdan

shazzdan
Vincent Price had classical good looks. Here is a good photo when he was younger. This photo was originally black & white but it has been colourised.

Mugs... - Page 3 Young-vincent-price1

His profile was striking.

Mugs... - Page 3 F42cb68380fd349630197bdfd2609893

57Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:21 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
shazzdan wrote:Vincent Price had classical good looks. .... His profile was striking.

Yessss. VERY. I just think it would be neat to immortalize his younger self, since everyone tends to think of him in his older incarnations.

Stryker2011 wrote:Interesting choices, sklywalkersaga.

Ahh, Gene Tierney. Laura is one of best Noir films ever; I’d like to see her paired with Dana Andrews.

Agreed, it's a fave. And Dana Andrews would be an acceptable choice, too. Wink

And ha... a lot of the more obvious choices for 'beautiful women' had already been mentioned, OR already have decent sculpts, so I thought I'd go for something a lil different...

Stryker2011 wrote:Have you seen the Asmus Christopher Lee/Sauraman? The put it out right after he passed, and I think they did a really good job. I’d like to see one of him and Peter Cushing from the first Dracula (but without the open mouth or bug-eyed look — those are nice options, but a third head with just his serious expression would have been great); or one of his even earlier films — like Sinbad the Sailor (he was uncredited in that one).

You know, for some reason, the earlier Asmus LotR figures went completely under my radar! I didn't even know the Aragorn one existed until this past year. I'll have to check out the Saruman!

I also agree about the Dracula one... and would love to be able to have it paired with a Peter Cushing as well. (I am so tempted to get a HT Dooku and a HT Tarkin just so I can display them next to each other...'anachronism' be damned! ;D )

Young!Christopher Lee would likewise be MOST welcome. I will take any and all depictions of him.... :'D

58Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:06 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Skywalkersaga, they are actually making a David Bowie from The Labyrinth, if memory serves. Poke around the New Product announcements, you might find it.

59Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:49 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Skywalkersaga, they are actually making a David Bowie from The Labyrinth, if memory serves. Poke around the New Product announcements, you might find it.

Hmmm. That's not something I'm aware of. I wonder if you're thinking of the 1/4 scale statue by Chronicle Collectibles...? ($1250.00!!!!!)

Mugs... - Page 3 Labyri10

60Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:48 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Hmmm. That's not something I'm aware of. I wonder if you're thinking of the 1/4 scale statue by Chronicle Collectibles...? ($1250.00!!!!!)

Of course... that was it. Glad you caught and corrected this!

61Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:40 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Skywalkersaga, they are actually making a David Bowie from The Labyrinth, if memory serves. Poke around the New Product announcements, you might find it.

Hmmm. That's not something I'm aware of. I wonder if you're thinking of the 1/4 scale statue by Chronicle Collectibles...? ($1250.00!!!!!)

Mugs... - Page 3 Labyri10

Oh myyyy. Well it's stunning either way!! (albeit, at that price, forever out of my reach.... Crying or Very sad  )

62Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:35 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

That's nice! There is also a NECA 7" figure, quite nice and at a more modest £24.99.

CHEERS!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum