OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need help locating a costume fixer?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Need help locating a costume fixer? on Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:29 pm

I notice on the Lady Death 1.0 bikini top, the left corner started shredding akin to a dry leaf, almost disintegrated when it came into contact with tacky putty. Also I had a Nina whose left boot is starting to flake. Are these repairable or do I just throw them in the trash?  Are their professional 1/6 online stores that do repairs?

View user profile

2 Re: Need help locating a costume fixer? on Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:03 am

I am not personally aware as to whether there are companies out there that specifically offer repairs, but I feel like for the price one would be paying to get these sorts of items 'fixed', it may make more sense to just find a custom 1/6 clothing maker and ask if they would recreate particular pieces for you.

Focusing on the Prequels, Clone Wars, and Original Trilogy eras (NO 'sequels', thanks!)
View user profile https://the-far-bright-center.tumblr.com/

3 Re: Need help locating a costume fixer? on Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:44 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Sadly, I don’t know of anyone who can fix this sort of fake pleather. I had ordered a pair of 1/6 scale boots from eBay once that as soon as I opened the package and touched them, they practically disintegrated. They looked fine in the seller’s pics, but changes in temp and humidity must have done a number on them — got my money back and just tossed them in the trash. Luckily, my own figures have all held up nicely — but they’re all in my basement Man-Cave, which is always cool and the humidity level never changes (a huge bonus). Too arid or too humid, it’s a real challenge to keep these things from rotting.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

View user profile

4 Re: Need help locating a costume fixer? on Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:09 pm

Have to agree with the above comments. Pleather is a fickle material, and once it starts to go, you're out of luck. You could replace it with real leather though. It looks like it'd be a pretty easy piece to replicate.

5 Re: Need help locating a costume fixer? on Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:19 pm

You could try fraycheck, it's a glue used in sewing for materials that easily fray, such as acetate. The reason I suggest this is because it's flexible. If you can carefully glue down the spots?

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum