OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Evan Peters as Quicksilver?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Evan Peters as Quicksilver? on Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:04 pm

I never saw the movie, but think this kid is adorable, so I had to get his AF. In fact, it's one of the first AF I got. I was so curious to know if the faceups on these AFs were really as realistic as their pictures and I'm delighted to say, yes! I'm so delighted to see such realism on such a small scale, it's so much fun!

QS1 by ingiebee, on Flickr

So anyone else get this kid?

View user profile

2 Re: Evan Peters as Quicksilver? on Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:13 pm

Yes i got one but still boxed. Why don't you do a review? And you should watch the movie!

View user profile

3 Re: Evan Peters as Quicksilver? on Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:36 pm

He's pretty adorable in the movie too, it's worth a watch. Smile

I thought of Quicksilver when I was looking at male heads for my customs, but I prefer the MCU one.

View user profile

4 Re: Evan Peters as Quicksilver? on Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:37 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
He was pretty good in the movie, and the HT version does look quite good too. But I don't actually own one, so I'm basing this on all the photos and video reviews I've come across.

5 Re: Evan Peters as Quicksilver? on Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:13 am

LOL, yah, @brassco I should see the movie! I don't feel qualified yet to do a review, I have no idea what's good and what's bad! LOL

@ravrohan what is MCU? I'm pretty old.... LOL

@GubernatorFan what is the HT version? I notice a lot of abbreviations here I'm going to have to learn... Oh is that Hot Toys? Isn't that my boy? LOL, Alas, it's CGL Toys that made mine! See? Definitely not qualified to do a review, LOL

View user profile

6 Re: Evan Peters as Quicksilver? on Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:08 am

Marvel Comics Universe. The movies centered around the Avengers

View user profile

7 Re: Evan Peters as Quicksilver? on Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:41 am

Ah, I'm so dense, thanks for explaining Very Happy

View user profile

8 Re: Evan Peters as Quicksilver? on Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:17 am

I'm not a big fan of the X-men movies except for this character that is veeeeeery cool! He actually has one of the best sequences ever from a superhero movie! Great pick mate!

View user profile

9 Re: Evan Peters as Quicksilver? on Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:12 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Oh, I thought it was Hot Toys (= HT), but I guess I was wrong. I suppose this is a testimony as to the excellence of this company, then.

10 Re: Evan Peters as Quicksilver? on Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:33 pm

@blackpool that was ridiculous and hilarious Very Happy

View user profile

11 Re: Evan Peters as Quicksilver? on Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:36 pm

Peaches wrote:LOL, yah, @brassco I should see the movie!  I don't feel qualified yet to do a review, I have no idea what's good and what's bad! LOL

no such thing as not qualified!! Where do you think we started from? Maybe you can read some reviews on this forum or others, to see how it is done. It's merely what's your take on the product that you bought. It's based on your standards.

Happy collecting 1/6th!

View user profile

12 Re: Evan Peters as Quicksilver? on Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:19 am

Peaches wrote:Ah, I'm so dense, thanks for explaining Very Happy
No worries! Your welcome Smile
brassco wrote:
Peaches wrote:LOL, yah, @brassco I should see the movie!  I don't feel qualified yet to do a review, I have no idea what's good and what's bad! LOL

no such thing as not qualified!! Where do you think we started from? Maybe you can read some reviews on this forum or others, to see how it is done. It's merely what's your take on the product that you bought. It's based on your standards.

Happy collecting 1/6th!

Agreed, a review from someone else who's brand new to things could give other newbies like me a perspective that's easy to relate too.

View user profile

13 Re: Evan Peters as Quicksilver? on Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:41 pm

OK, I'll see if I can do some better pictures when the weather is better. I'm gonna have to save those rusty items from the side yard, as I'm getting ideas for a space station, ROFL Very Happy

View user profile
It's ok, Peaches, I'm pretty out of it when it comes to most of the recent comic-book adaptation related stuff (other than the Marvel Netflix shows, but even then I only watched the first two seasons of Daredevil, the first season of Jessica Jones, and the first season of the Punisher, and then had zero desire to watch any further. Not cause it was bad, but cause I felt that the storylines had reached places that I was happy with them, and didn't want to ruin it!). But when it comes to the big blockbuster films??? I have not seen one in ages. And when on the  rare occasions I *do* manage to watch one, it tends to be years after it's release. It's partially due to the fact that I've just never been hugely into those, but also partially due to my life situation in recent years making it almost impossible for me to go to the cinema.

But anyhoooo.... this figure is ADORABLE!!! I can see why you picked him up. His face is wonderful. Really great buy, imo! Smile

Embarrassingly, I had never even heard of Quicksilver until I recently watched the film 'Outlaw King' on Netflix, and enjoyed the Black Douglas character in it so much that I looked up his actor...aka, Aaron Taylor Johnson, whom I had likewise never heard of until then, lol. :3

Focusing on the Prequels, Clone Wars, and Original Trilogy eras (NO 'sequels', thanks!)
View user profile https://the-far-bright-center.tumblr.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum