OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP)

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 25 ... 49  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 49]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Anyone beside me and Asta order this beast? This was quite the expense, but I'm really looking forward to getting this. Definitely going to have to make some sort of diorama with this thing. Here are some pics that showed up on Facebook a couple days ago.

StarWars -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) 1302
StarWars -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) 2172
StarWars -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) 3151
StarWars -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) 4138
StarWars -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) 5135
StarWars -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) 6131
StarWars -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) 7127

#Sideshow #StarWars #JabbatheHutt #SalaciousCrumb #Throne #movie #Sci-Fi

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
He does look gorgeous (insofar as that term could possibly apply to him) and tempting (ditto). And I normally would pay up for Star Wars stuff I want of this quality, but still holding out (which could be a major error if I end up going for it later, when it would be even more Godlessly expensive). With the 3.75" figures I have assembled as much of Jabba's court as possible, but in the larger scales there have been few offerings and I have none of them except for Sideshow's Bib Fortuna. Because of this, the amount of space it would take up, and because this is a swappable parts statue rather than an actual action figure, I am staying away as best I can.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I didn't order it, but I would definitely love one someday! It looks awesome!

I'm still in the process of setting up a new display area after a very long and exhausting house move, so it will probably be a while before I'd even have space for something like that. But in the meantime I'll admire from afar... ;p

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Ephiane

Ephiane
This is absolute fantastic ! You need a Twilek Dancer now Wink

StarWars -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) 00573e10

Skippy

Pre-ordering a Sideshow figure can be a huge leap in the dark as the drop-off between prototype and production can be quite significant. At least more significant than with a company like Hot Toys.

However, as this was a statue, which is Sideshow's strength, I felt more confident ordering as soon as CDUK put him up.

Had to be a UK seller due to the potential shipping cost and additional 25% in VAT and duty that ordering from Sideshow would entail.

After using my reward points the total cost is £667.60, which is about $860 today.

Sideshow's price is $795 + $139.76 shipping = $934.76. (Add 25% in VAT and duty and he'd be $1,168.45).

So he almost feels like a bargain.  Laughing

Still expensive for what he is, but he looks impressive.

At some point CDUK raised the price from £680 to £750, so I'm glad I got in early.

I built some stairs today so Bib Fortuna can stand alongside him, but will likely have to adjust them when I get the throne in hand and know the exact height to the base of the support rail.

Peaches

Peaches
Wow! That is amazing! i'm going to venture to say that if you are a Starwars action figure fan, that this is a must! I love star wars, but I see danger written all over collecting anything to do with it, LOL

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Peaches wrote:Wow! That is amazing!  i'm going to venture to say that if you are a Starwars action figure fan, that this is a must!  I love star wars, but I see danger written all over collecting anything to do with it, LOL

*looks at hoard of SW action figures and other collectibles spilling out of plastic storage boxes *

...you're not wrong. XD

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Asta wrote:Pre-ordering a Sideshow figure can be a huge leap in the dark as the drop-off between prototype and production can be quite significant. At least more significant than with a company like Hot Toys.

However, as this was a statue, which is Sideshow's strength, I felt more confident ordering as soon as CDUK put him up.

Had to be a UK seller due to the potential shipping cost and additional 25% in VAT and duty that ordering from Sideshow would entail.

After using my reward points the total cost is £667.60, which is about $860 today.

Sideshow's price is $795 + $139.76 shipping = $934.76. (Add 25% in VAT and duty and he'd be $1,168.45).

So he almost feels like a bargain.  Laughing

Still expensive for what he is, but he looks impressive.

At some point CDUK raised the price from £680 to £750, so I'm glad I got in early.

I built some stairs today so Bib Fortuna can stand alongside him, but will likely have to adjust them when I get the throne in hand and know the exact height to the base of the support rail.

You're absolutely right about statues being Sideshow's strength -- sadly, also their more expensive products, lol, so I don't actually own any.

But wow, that IS a really good deal, lucky you! ^.^

Skippy

skywalkersaga wrote:You're absolutely right about statues being Sideshow's strength -- sadly, also their more expensive products, lol, so I don't actually own any.

But wow, that IS a really good deal, lucky you! ^.^

I love the Jabba's palace section of ROTJ. I missed the original Sideshow Jabba when he came out, but picked him up boxed later on Ebay for £40 (I think) which felt like a real bargain. It was one of those lucky occasions when nobody else bothered to bid. But I never had the throne.

The new Jabba is bigger, more correctly scaled and better painted. Not sure about the new Salacious Crumb as I still like the original with his slimmer limbs. I have both of the Sideshow Jabba's Palace Creature packs, but I missed out on their Gamorrean Guard. Maybe Sideshow will re-release him?

Lando in disguise could well be going up for pre-order soon as he's featuring in this week's Sideshow Live video.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I had been on the fence for awhile on this guy myself. Had been eyeing the first one on eBay for years, but the aftermarket prices for V.1 were, and to a degree still are, out of control. I was lucky enough to PO through Timewalker, which was $50 cheaper than Sideshow, if I remember correctly. They had a payment plan option, which was nice, as well (not quite as good as the Sideshow plan, but still helpful). It’s still going to ship direct from Sideshow (since they’re the distributor), but even with their outrageous shipping, it should still work out to roughly the same as the full MSRP, around $800.

This was definitely a tough decision to make, but I’ve been involved in single custom figure projects that aren’t anywhere near as massive as this, that ultimately cost even more. Still a tough call, and I understand anyone’s hesitation. My Star Wars collection is nowhere near as expansive as some, but this guy is going to be an impressive center-piece. All of the sequences with Jabba were the best part of Return of the Jedi to me, so I’m excited to finally add him (it also didn’t hurt that Carrie Fisher was nearly naked in those scenes).

And Ephi, you’re right, I’d love to be able to add Oola to the display. Been eyeing a couple Bib Fortuna’s and Gamorrean Guards on eBay, but I just don’t know (I’m kind of hoping that Sideshow revisits those guys at least).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

StarWars -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) C8485110

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Asta, you should post those pics of the throne room dio for the smaller Star Wars figures. That thing is really cool. I’m with you, I’m going to have to build at least a section of the alcove to be able to display what Star Wars figures I have.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I, too, am a huge fan of the Jabba's throne room sequence in RotJ. Everything about it was just thrilling to me when I first saw it as a kid, and I am still fond of it to this day. It's just so much fun. Smile) (Though my personal favourite scene is the Emperor's Throne Room sequence...the final duel between Luke and Vader and Anakin's return to his True Self. <3 <3 <3 )

While I doubt I will ever be able to afford this one (as I have sooo many other things on my wishlist along with way too may in-progress projects that need attending to, first), I would love to live vicariously through those who do have it, and see everyone's set-ups with this as the centerpiece! Smile

Skippy

Stryker2011 wrote:Asta, you should post those pics of the throne room dio for the smaller Star Wars figures. That thing is really cool. I’m with you, I’m going to have to build at least a section of the alcove to be able to display what Star Wars figures I have.

That diorama is amazing. Can't remember where I found it but saved the photos for inspiration:

StarWars -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) Jabbas11
StarWars -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) Jabbas10
StarWars -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) Jabbas12
StarWars -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) Jabbas13
StarWars -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) Jabbas15
StarWars -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) Jabbas14
StarWars -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) Jabbas16

For the new 1/6 Jabba I made some simple stairs so I'd be able to get Bib Fortuna to stand in his customary position. When I started doing it today it was just to get an idea of what would be required, but I was happy with the result so will probably stick with it.

I cut up about 20 lengths of 1 1/4" soft wood and glued them into ascending stacks. Then covered and faced them with cardboard. I simplified the design of the actual steps so they'd be figure friendly, with each one wide enough for an old black oval stand. Four steps, each 4 1/2" deep so they fill the 18" shelf depth.

The new throne is supposed to be 17 1/2" deep, but I don't know how tall it is yet as the dimensions include the railing. I will probably have to adjust the height of the rear stack so it's level with the throne.

StarWars -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) 100_8210

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Asta wrote:That diorama is amazing. Can't remember where I found it but saved the photos for inspiration

Oh yes, gorgeous diorama. Do you remember if this is for 3.75" or 6" figures? I am guessing (and hoping) for the smaller ones, as then you can really populate it with figures. I still hold it against Hasbro that they never made all the Jabba skiff guards before they messed up the line by returning to 5 points of articulation and getting distracted by the newer stuff. They still did a lot, and in some cases I got multiples so that I can modify the extras to look like the characters they did not make. But never got around to it.

Skippy

GubernatorFan wrote:
Asta wrote:That diorama is amazing. Can't remember where I found it but saved the photos for inspiration

Oh yes, gorgeous diorama. Do you remember if this is for 3.75" or 6" figures? I am guessing (and hoping) for the smaller ones, as then you can really populate it with figures. I still hold it against Hasbro that they never made all the Jabba skiff guards before they messed up the line by returning to 5 points of articulation and getting distracted by the newer stuff. They still did a lot, and in some cases I got multiples so that I can modify the extras to look like the characters they did not make. But never got around to it.

Pretty sure those are 3 3/4".

I had to edit the post twice to get all the photos to upload as the system was only permitting a maximum of 3 each time.

I eventually sold almost all my 3 3/4" figures to concentrate on 1/6.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:

Oh yes, gorgeous diorama. Do you remember if this is for 3.75" or 6" figures? I am guessing (and hoping) for the smaller ones, as then you can really populate it with figures.

I'm 100% certain that the Jabba's Palace diorama in that picture is for 3.75" figures. (I have a couple of the figures in it, and they are definitely 3.75" scale Smile )

Edit: whoops, cross-posted!

Skippy

It was looking at these photos this morning that encouraged me to start on the stairs:

StarWars -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) Bibfor10

StarWars -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) Jabba_10

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Asta, when posting more than three pics (as I do on all those New Product threads), you don’t have to re-edit each thread.

Select three pics., “send” those, “insert all”, then “remove” them from the selection window. Stay in that window and select the next three, and continue the process. It’s a little time consuming, but it works. Just don’t move your cursor from where you want the pictures to go.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Man, seeing Oola sitting there in that photo really makes me want to add her.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I have some of those 3.75" figures too, but haven't dug them out since I moved, so wasn't sure if it was them. Bib Fortuna and Boba Fett are my only Jabba-related sixth-scale figures, and the others I've considered getting have been just too pricey. So I will have to live vicariously through you. The stairs and Jabba-related sixth-scale figures look great. You've made a great start and your impending Jabba will look great with them. You could have estimated the throne's height by scaling a photo to the known dimensions (insofar as such a photo was available) and working from that as an approximation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 49]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 25 ... 49  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum