OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP)

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 41 ... 49  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 49]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:That seems like a good thing to think about. I think part of the solution would be to go gently with the back-lighting -- or rather the lighting of the backdrop (which is coming along gorgeously; I congratulated blackpool on the beauty of the finished product, forgetting that it was not yet finished, because the grill was still missing). The other thing would be some gentle lighting right over the throne dais, and especially its front side. Now there you can probably already experiment with how much light reached Jabba naturally from the front and whether this enhancement is actually necessary (your photos above were taken at night, I believe -- although of course you might want it to work at night too). If necessary, whether you choose a weak light or perhaps a colored one (or one shining through colored transparent acrylic or whatever), is something you would have to figure out.

Yeah, the lighting behind the backdrop has to be just right. Enough to show all the amazing details, but not too much to wash everything out — or overshine everything. And yes, blackpool has been doing an amazing job. I can’t wait to add that masterpiece to this dio.

lawlaw91 wrote:Don't bother, many photographer even use up their whole life to study the lighting, it is nothing wrong and you are really normal if struggling on lighting.. Laughing Laughing Laughing  that is a crazy subject to understand... cyclops cyclops

By the way as a really hobbyist photographer, I suggest you just buy some christmas use LED lights and stick to the ceiling side (which we can't see when you shoot from God view angle... Or you can hide beneath candles or fire torches for reality looks...but that only you understands the scene structure, so you might need to figure out how to "hide" those LEDs if normal way don't works... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I’ve been contemplating the idea of dimmable LED strip lights, hidden somehow in the ceiling panel. Similar idea to your suggestion.

skywalkersaga wrote:It's good that you are working through this potential issue in advance. Wish I had some great ideas, but I find lighting to be a rather dizzying topic at best, lol. I can't even figure out what type of lighting to use for the ceiling lights at our new house.  Razz

In all seriousness, I feel confident you will be able to work out some kind of solution. Can the back-lighting issue be 'cancelled out' somehow by making sure the whole area has enough soft, diffused light coming from another source/direction?

I don’t think lighting from the front would necessarily work to bring out the backdrop “room”, without over-lighting everything in front of it. If I had made the dio deeper, which I don’t have the room for, I probably could have gotten away with hiding lights behind the arch to light that part. But that still leaves my current issue.

I think Lawlaw may have hit on something.

skywalkersaga

Stryker2011 wrote:

Not surprised such a good photographer would have a plan! Smile

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
skywalkersaga wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:

Not surprised such a good photographer would have a plan! Smile

Laughing Laughing Laughing You are helping, to agree that idea cyclops ..see if we can help out Stryker2011 with this way alien bounce bounce

https://www.deviantart.com/lawlaw91

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
It's been awhile since I had anything to update. Just recently received a small set of strip lights to test for additional front lighting to the throne area.

Left over strip section:

Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 33 Img_8018

Interestingly, the phone camera lightens much more than they look in person. But they work great imho. I can even change the colors and the brightness -- I can go Disco style, and even have the lights change colors after a few seconds (but I have no intention of doing that).

All of the colors are on the lowest setting (as I said, they look more subdued in person):

Orange:
 Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 33 Img_8019

Yellow:
 Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 33 Img_8021

Pink:
 Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 33 Img_8020

Red:
 Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 33 Img_8023

Lavender:
 Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 33 Img_8024

Purple:
 Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 33 Img_8022

Light Green:
 Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 33 Img_8111

Dark Green:
 Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 33 Img_8112

White:
 Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 33 Img_8110

Light Blue:
 Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 33 Img_8115

Dark Blue:
 Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 33 Img_8113

Dark Purple:
 Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 33 Img_8114

Whichever color I choose, and how intense the light has to be, will depend greatly on how the image blackpool is working on will look when it's in place and lit from behind.

Here is my personal preference at the moment (orange) with low light, and one step up in intensity:

Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 33 Img_8117
 Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 33 Img_8116

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 33 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Really happy to see an update, glad something worked out! And I agree with your pick...the orange tone seems perfect. Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Ephiane

Ephiane
Ahw, Man ! You build such an amazing place bounce

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
They look excellent. And having seen blackpool's updated graphic for the background (though apparently still not finalized), I just know that it will end up even more glorious. I like the orange version, but the background might end up dictating what works best in the end. To be screen accurate, white or light blue might be advisable.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:They look excellent. And having seen blackpool's updated graphic for the background (though apparently still not finalized), I just know that it will end up even more glorious. I like the orange version, but the background might end up dictating what works best in the end. To be screen accurate, white or light blue might be advisable.
 That's true, it's hard to tell for sure without seeing it all together. But it's nice to have different options!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, Sky and Guv. I agree, the white and blue might end up being more feasible. It will definitely depend on the background.

MerylAkiba

Make it Pi....dagnamit! Laughing

Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 33 Source

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice one, MerylAkiba. Pink is probably last on my list... but we’ll see; maybe with the backdrop lit up, pink might just be the color that makes it all work. Wink

Ovy

Ovy
I just love multicolour LEDs. And just magine getting some purple Hookah haze in there. I guess it could work by connecting the hookah with a secret tube from under the DIAS. Or just blow that stuff in their general direction.

shazzdan

shazzdan
I like the yellow and orange lighting.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, fellas.

I decided to play around a bit and added a few more characters to see how they look.

Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 33 Img_8119
 Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 33 Img_8118
 Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 33 Img_8120
 Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 33 Img_8121

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
They are looking great! You've done an outstanding job with this diorama.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thank you, Brother. Very Happy

Ovy

Ovy
Those light spots look spot on, like in the movie. You get it? Spot on.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:Those light spots look spot on, like in the movie. You get it? Spot on.

Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 33 Giphy

Wink

blackpool

blackpool
Sorry for the overly long delay, here is a small size preview of the final version of the backdrop that should fill in the archway Smile

Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 33 Jabba%20hall%20backdrop%204SD

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father

Don't apologize, Alex. What you have done here is a work of art. I can't thank you enough, my friend. Now I need to gather the funds to have this printed up. I couldn't be happier. it truly is a thing of beauty that may very well outshine all the work I've done on this dio.

Thank you. I'm going to go cry now (Manly tears, dammit. Manly tears of joy!!).

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
By the way, if I still could, I'd be doing this right now:

blackpool

blackpool
HAHAHAHA epic, you'll have to teach me to insert those funny gifs!

Since we all have a birthday sooner or later if you have a paypal account I'd gladly fund a part of that printing as a belated birthday present, I have quite no idea how much it could cost tho!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 49]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 41 ... 49  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum