OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP)

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 42 ... 49  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 49]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Wow, it looks gorgeous! So excited to see it all come together!

Thanks, S. I am too, but I need to temper my excitement to see a final product as I want to do justice to the amazing piece of art blackpool created for me. It could take awhile to come up with a satisfactory way to present this backdrop.

skywalkersaga

Completely understandable to take your time with it, especially after all you have invested in it so far. Still, looking forward to seeing it, eventually. : )

shazzdan

shazzdan
That is a gorgeous backdrop. After all the work that has gone into this project I can understand the desire to not shortchange the backdrop. Why did you go with photo paper and not vinyl?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Blackpool did a great job on this one, and looks like you got a very fine print of it. It should work gloriously in your diorama.

blackpool

blackpool
From here the print seems to be glorious! I had a lot of fun doing the backdrop, thanks a lot for the veeeeery kind words, it's still a minor part of that extraordinary diorama that you built, the least I could do was try to stick to that level of finishing and detail!

now fingers crossed that the color tones match nicely all together!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
shazzdan wrote:That is a gorgeous backdrop. After all the work that has gone into this project I can understand the desire to not shortchange the backdrop. Why did you go with photo paper and not vinyl?

I honestly don’t know what kind of paper it is. I’ve worked with photo paper in art school, but nothing like this. I gave him my specs and how it was going to be used and he knew exactly what type of stuff I was looking for — and apparently it isn’t something he normally carries, but he had a leftover section from a previous project— so he gave me a discount. It feels like thin art paper on the image side, but the back is a thin vinyl.

GubernatorFan wrote:Blackpool did a great job on this one, and looks like you got a very fine print of it. It should work gloriously in your diorama.

Agreed.

blackpool wrote:From here the print seems to be glorious! I had a lot of fun doing the backdrop, thanks a lot for the veeeeery kind words, it's still a minor part of that extraordinary diorama that you built, the least I could do was try to stick to that level of finishing and detail!

You did an amazing job, and I think it will look great once I light it up.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 35 C8485110

shazzdan

shazzdan
blackpool wrote:From here the print seems to be glorious! I had a lot of fun doing the backdrop, thanks a lot for the veeeeery kind words, it's still a minor part of that extraordinary diorama that you built, the least I could do was try to stick to that level of finishing and detail!

He should be able to mess around with the colour tones through judicious application of his coloured LEDs.

Looking forward to seeing the finished result. It's been a long road but the end is in sight now.

MerylAkiba

This is going to be amazing when assembled

Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 35 Giphy

Ovy

Ovy
Whew great job you two.

But I wonder why there are unique characters, Dengar and the Bot in the background. I guess they will be covered up by Jabbas beauty when their figure counterparts are in the foreground?

blackpool

blackpool
In fact there are multiple versions of that backdrop done, with n without stunts, with n without the barbecue, with n without fog... Dunno which version Stryker is going to use in the end, but that was a request from him as he doesn't have all figures (yet! I bet the alternative backdrops will find their use once dengar and 4-lom join his collection!)

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Unfortunately, I don’t foresee being able to get 4-Lom or Dengar so I asked that they be added to the background. There are a few custom characters that I’m hoping to be able to add to take their place in the foreground as actual figures. I’ve been working on the removable panel for the plexiglass to be able to add the backdrop image. I have the plexiglass cut to fit, but I still have to figure out the distance between the image and the lights and build that box.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Looking good! To me, the red looks the closest to the movie lighting.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, Roger. I'm glad I purchased color changing lights for that front lighting issue, but it'll definitely depend on how that backdrop gets lit before I can make any final adjustments. Still working (albeit slowly) on the back frame for it -- slow going waiting for glue to dry and all.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

No worries,

Take all the time you need, this is too nice a job to rush.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Backdrop in place, now on to the lights. Cutting that backdrop to fit was one of the hardest things I've had to do on this project, mainly because I didn't want to ruin it. Getting it placed in the right spot was equally difficult, and required more trimming, shifting, etc., but it's on the plexiglass panel with a diffusor screen behind it. (The roof is off right now, as I need access to the back to be able to make the light box).

Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 35 Img_8126

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Wow. Very impressive already. They don't really look like toys in this light and photo. And the illusion of space and perspective is remarkably good. Well done.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oooooh it really looks the part! I can only imagine how nerve-wracking it would have been to cut it.... but it seems to have worked, and from this pic at least the colours and image create the perfect background impression. Gorgeous!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

That looks amazing!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Wow. Very impressive already. They don't really look like toys in this light and photo. And the illusion of space and perspective is remarkably good. Well done.

I agree. Alex did an amazing job on the texture, light and depth of field on this — really helps pull the whole thing together.

skywalkersaga wrote:Oooooh it really looks the part! I can only imagine how nerve-wracking it would have been to cut it.... but it seems to have worked, and from this pic at least the colours and image create the perfect background impression. Gorgeous!

Yes, indeed. I was sweating bullets the entire time I was working with it.

Rogerbee wrote:
That looks amazing!

Thanks, Roger. All the kind comments have been the encouragement this old anal retentive, and harsh self-critic, has needed to keep going.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

And so you should. Once I've moved I'll spend much of my time on all the kits I've been buying.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Oh my god, this looks AMAZING!!!!!! It blends perfectly, and the whole thing photographs so well! The background completely sells the illusion, and the real lighting matches it so well. The way Jabba is more in the shadows, while the light falls on the foreground looks incredibly natural, realistic, and dramatic. So floored by how this is coming out. Absolutely killer man.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
What sort of unknown machine have you used to replicate this whole thing? Are you hiding alien secrets from the rest of the world?! Joking aside this is probably one of the most amazing things I've seen in some time, it's quite simply amazing.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures!  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 35 1f60e

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 49]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 42 ... 49  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum