OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Avengers Infinity War Hot Toys exhibition HK in Hong Kong in HD

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Budget Stark does another great job of capturing Hot Toys' brand new first look releases of the Infinity Wars figures that haven't even been announced yet for the most part. OMG, I'm going to have to get another Hulk Buster...yes it's a brand new design and the Iron Spider looks awesome too (these are just static sculpts on display for now) but there is also new prototypes from The Black Council/Order(?), Outrider Warrior, Captain America with both shields, IM MK50 and all the other preorders too with hints at others to come, enjoy!

#event #display

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Some interesting stuff, but so far there isn’t anything from this new movie I’m all that excited about.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

event - Avengers Infinity War Hot Toys exhibition HK in Hong Kong in HD  C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you for sharing this video, shovelchop! It was interesting, though the uncertainties and placeholders naturally limit the full appreciation of what will hopefully be on the plate down the line.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I honestly don’t know if I’m just getting burned out on all these super-hero movies (God! I never would have said that if these came out 40 years ago), or if I’m just getting burned out on the constant rehash of the same characters. But I think I’d be a lot more excited for this line if they made more characters we haven’t seen before (Nebula and Mantis come to mind). Bad enough I have 2 Black Widows and 2 Scarlet Witches, I don’t need multiples of every character with slight variations.

event - Avengers Infinity War Hot Toys exhibition HK in Hong Kong in HD  C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:I honestly don’t know if I’m just getting burned out on all these super-hero movies (God! I never would have said that if these came out 40 years ago), or if I’m just getting burned out on the constant rehash of the same characters. But I think I’d be a lot more excited for this line if they made more characters we haven’t seen before (Nebula and Mantis come to mind). Bad enough I have 2 Black Widows and 2 Scarlet Witches, I don’t need multiples of every character with slight variations.

That's why the Black Council figures interest me.

Allotropos

Allotropos
I went today as I had wanted to get myself an Infinity War t-shirt but as soon as I saw the infinity line - I made a u-turn and never looked back.
event - Avengers Infinity War Hot Toys exhibition HK in Hong Kong in HD  DNPkUDj

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Infinity line -- I like what you did there! Wink But sorry it was in your way...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:That's why the Black Council figures interest me.

Yeah. But knowing HT, it’d be a miracle if you even get the one they are showing currently.

Allotropos wrote:I went today as I had wanted to get myself an Infinity War t-shirt but as soon as I saw the infinity line - I made a u-turn and never looked back.
event - Avengers Infinity War Hot Toys exhibition HK in Hong Kong in HD  DNPkUDj

Bummer.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Allotropos wrote:I went today as I had wanted to get myself an Infinity War t-shirt but as soon as I saw the infinity line - I made a u-turn and never looked back.

Budget Stark did the same, queue took up the whole floor!!

dadrab

dadrab
I'm just going to dig the movies. The figures, while nice, are not something I'm going to throw large amounts of money at. Hell, at this point, to get all of the Avengers, you'd pay the same as you would for a small used car. I'm a fairly good sport, but damn...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
dadrab wrote:I'm just going to dig the movies. The figures, while nice, are not something I'm going to throw large amounts of money at. Hell, at this point, to get all of the Avengers, you'd pay the same as you would for a small used car. I'm a fairly good sport, but damn...

I'm just glad I'm not a completist in regard to any one movie. My MCU figures are spread out across several movies, but all grouped together anyway. I'd hate to think of the amount of debt some people are accumulating in their attempts to get every figure produced for every movie.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Code:
you'd pay the same as you would for a small used car.

But cars are really boring! jocolor

dadrab

dadrab
shovelchop81 wrote:
Code:
you'd pay the same as you would for a small used car.

But cars are really boring! jocolor

event - Avengers Infinity War Hot Toys exhibition HK in Hong Kong in HD  Bugatti-veyron-super-sport-

Where I come from, this ain't boring... Cool

...or this

event - Avengers Infinity War Hot Toys exhibition HK in Hong Kong in HD  Used-1986-ferrari-testarossa-basetrim-10218-14218181-1-640

...or this

event - Avengers Infinity War Hot Toys exhibition HK in Hong Kong in HD  Aston-martin-db10-1_1

Seriously, though, I know you're a bike guy and there is validity to the notion that cars may not be the most exciting thing around.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Are these cars transformers? Just kidding. Smile

dadrab

dadrab
GubernatorFan wrote:Are these cars transformers? Just kidding. Smile

Nah... Just supercars that make my mouth water (kind of a gearhead, you know...).

1. Bugatti Veyron
2. Ferrari Testarossa
3. Aston Martin DB10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
They are beauts, as they say...

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
dadrab wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Are these cars transformers? Just kidding. Smile

Nah... Just supercars that make my mouth water (kind of a gearhead, you know...).

1. Bugatti Veyron
2. Ferrari Testarossa
3. Aston Martin DB10

Agreed lovely cars and I watch the original Top Gear and Grand Tour all the time. The Veyron costs $2million to buy and $8million to make...a $6million loss to Bugatti/VW and it still costs as much as 10,000 HT figures! LOL.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
I'll admit, I still get really excited for all of the Marvel movies. There hasn't been 1 yet that I didn't thoroughly enjoy. I always have a blast watching them, and I think Infinity War looks like a ton of fun.

I'm kinda hoping they do another Doctor Strange for the new movie. I'm kicking myself for missing him when he came out, and everywhere i look now, he's moved out of the range I'm willing to pay. Hot Toys base prices push the limits of what I'll shell out for a figure, but anything beyond that gets hard for me to justify to myself.

At around the 0:31 point there's a shot of a floating Doctor Strange that looks like the original, although the mystic effects shields seem to have a purple hue around the edges. It might be something they just did for the show, but I'm hoping it's an indication of a new figure. I'd actually be happy in this case if it's pretty close to the last release, but that's just me being selfish.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum