OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

PL2018-129 Anck Su Namun Princess of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

brassco

brassco
Anck Su Namun was a princess of the Eighteenth Dynasty of Egypt. She was the third of six known daughters of the Egyptian Pharaoh Akhenaten and his Great Royal Wife Nefertiti and became the Great Royal Wife of her half-brother Tutankhamun. Her youth is well documented in the ancient reliefs and paintings of the reign of her parents.

Packing List:

1) 1 x head sculpt
2) 1 x TBLeague female seamless body with metal skeleton
3) 3 pairs x interchangeable hands
4) 1 pair x flat feet
5) 1 pair x high-heel feet
6) 1 x skirt
7) 1 x golden chocker
Cool 2 x necklaces
9) 1 x chest armor
10) 1 x neck armor
11) 2 x armlets
12) 2 x wristers
13) 1 x belt with totem decoration
14) 1 x long wig
15) 2 x ankle guards
16) 1 x dagger
17) 1 x Khopesh ( sickle sword)
18) 2 x Tridents
19) 1 x finger ring
20) 1 x egyptian mau
21) 1 x base

PL2018-129 Anck Su Namun Princess of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure 01
PL2018-129 Anck Su Namun Princess of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure 02
PL2018-129 Anck Su Namun Princess of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure 03

First view of the box, front, back and sides pictures.

PL2018-129 Anck Su Namun Princess of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure 04
PL2018-129 Anck Su Namun Princess of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure 05

Contents. There are 2 layers. As you can see, there is no plastic protecting the body. The 2nd layer contains the base and the dog (Egyptian Mau), with 1 x golden chocker 2 x necklaces and 1 x neck armor.

PL2018-129 Anck Su Namun Princess of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure 06
PL2018-129 Anck Su Namun Princess of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure 07
PL2018-129 Anck Su Namun Princess of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure 08
PL2018-129 Anck Su Namun Princess of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure 09

First look at the body. Due to my lighting and camera conditions, I hadn't managed to capture the correct tone of the skin. The body used, I believed, should be S21B, with the 2nd generation suntan tone and some muscle tone.

The figure already has most of the clothes and accessories in place. The chest armor, or the weird "underbra", can be easily adjusted, simply by shifting it up to cup the breast nicely. It can be taken off, as you can see from the back, it is tied by strings. The belt with totem decoration, however, I found no way to take it off! I guess you have to cut it to remove. The skirt, can be removed, i believed, as it is quite stretchy. The underwear is sewn to the skirt.

PL2018-129 Anck Su Namun Princess of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure 10
PL2018-129 Anck Su Namun Princess of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure 11

A closer look at one of the left hand. There is a removable ring provided. Is this the first of its kind? Maybe they should make more rings in the future...

PL2018-129 Anck Su Namun Princess of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure 12
PL2018-129 Anck Su Namun Princess of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure 13
PL2018-129 Anck Su Namun Princess of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure 14
PL2018-129 Anck Su Namun Princess of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure 15

I must say, the HS is the reason why i preorder this in the first place. Phicen definitely did not disappoint! The HS is very different from Phicen's current line of products. It is very beautiful to look at. As you can see, this HS has more accessories on the hair than other HS i've seen. The so called long wig, comprises of 10 pairs of hair clips, and you can adjust it by twitching it.

PL2018-129 Anck Su Namun Princess of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure 16
PL2018-129 Anck Su Namun Princess of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure 17
PL2018-129 Anck Su Namun Princess of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure 18
PL2018-129 Anck Su Namun Princess of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure 19
PL2018-129 Anck Su Namun Princess of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure 20
PL2018-129 Anck Su Namun Princess of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure 21

First look at the figure with its HS attached.

PL2018-129 Anck Su Namun Princess of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure 22

The rest of the accessories. The weapons are made of plastic, I think, although they looked metallic.

PL2018-129 Anck Su Namun Princess of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure 23
PL2018-129 Anck Su Namun Princess of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure 24

A closer look at the necklace, or neck rings. As you can see, both are uneven, so i adjusted them to suit best on the figure's neck. Nothing challenging to put them on, really.

PL2018-129 Anck Su Namun Princess of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure 25
PL2018-129 Anck Su Namun Princess of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure 26

Anck Su Namun posing with her weapons.

PL2018-129 Anck Su Namun Princess of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure 27
PL2018-129 Anck Su Namun Princess of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure 28
PL2018-129 Anck Su Namun Princess of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure 29
PL2018-129 Anck Su Namun Princess of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure 30
PL2018-129 Anck Su Namun Princess of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure 31
PL2018-129 Anck Su Namun Princess of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure 32

The dog, or as the product's description stated, the Egyptian Mau. I have no use for this dog currently...

PL2018-129 Anck Su Namun Princess of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure 33

The base. It is rather thick, with different designs 360 degrees around. I do find posing on this base a bit not easy. Phicen should have included a support.

PL2018-129 Anck Su Namun Princess of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure 34

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you for the great review and the numerous informative photos. I agree on the head sculpt, and like some of the other items, too. While the set is striking and fun, I'm having problems with its faux historicity (and the little introduction they provided definitely claims historicity) attached to this very over-the-top fantasy look (which in itself is fine). Like I've said before, I only console myself that the horrible spelling of the name (matching that adopted in the Mummy films over the ages) gives the thing away as fantasy.

Peaches

Peaches
Wow, she is amazing! The hair braids and beads are fantastic, as is her jewelry! I love the base! It's dramatic, and love the body too. I hope there is a trick to getting the belt off?
BTW, I think that's a cat Very Happy LOL

Nutt'in wrong with fantasy Wink In fact, I think she would look right at home with Captain Kirk, LOL

brassco

brassco
Peaches wrote:Wow, she is amazing!  The hair braids and beads are fantastic, as is her jewelry!  I love the base!  It's dramatic, and love the body too.  I hope there is a trick to getting the belt off?
BTW, I think that's a cat Very Happy LOL

Nutt'in wrong with fantasy Wink In fact, I think she would look right at home with Captain Kirk, LOL

oh...yep, that should be a cat!!!It does looked like a dog to me...

update: the Belt seems to be able to take off, as i found on some sites seller offering parts for sale. Maybe need to squeeze thru the buttock?

MerylAkiba

Another Tbleague figure I have to get. As much as I love the bangs, for me in 1/6 scale they are hard to maintain.

Delanie

Delanie
Hmm I like the head sculpt the weapons and jewellery but the rest of the costume why the pasties?

Like I've said before I'm not a prude but these costumes start ringing the same old same old bell with me.

I'm sure with a bit of imagination they could have come up with a better idea of a 'sexy' outfit ?

The first image that shot through my head when I saw the top of the base was Cookies!

apart from that looking at this one starts a Bangles ear worm going for me …………. walks off humming

All the old paintings on the tombs
They do the sand dance don't you know

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I like the head and some of the accessories are really nice. The top... yeah. They could’ve just went topless and it would’ve made about as much sense.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

PL2018-129 Anck Su Namun Princess of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure C8485110

Peaches

Peaches
Delanie wrote:Hmm I like the head sculpt the weapons and jewellery but the rest of the costume why the pasties?

Like I've said before I'm not a prude but these costumes start ringing the same old same old bell with me.

I'm sure with a bit of imagination they could have come up with a better idea of a 'sexy' outfit ?

The first image that shot through my head when I saw the top of the base was Cookies!

apart from that looking at this one starts a Bangles ear worm going for me …………. walks off humming

All the old paintings on the tombs
They do the sand dance don't you know
I think actual Egyption clothing was quite revealing, but also very hard to recreate, with fine pleats and tailored details, it's easier to just do whatever Very Happy  But I agree, I'd rather see more realistic work, unless it's fantasy, and I definitely would love to see some flat chested bodies for women!

Excelion Prime

On the topic of historical accuracy.
Notice the ARH Comix logo on the package?

The design isn't meant to be historically accurate.

Like Arhian, Skarah and Arkallah the figures ARE accurate to the comic book versions of those characters.
https://arhstudioscollectibles.com/product-category/statues/

Although, the ARH statue version of Anck Su Namun is dark-skinned.....

PureEnergy

Well, it's clearly very purely fantastical...  

That said, I believe that I've already ordered all the parts of this set that interest me - perhaps with the exception of the Head Sculpt, which is somewhat nicer than I'd before noticed.  

That "cat" is likely intended to represent Bast, but, with its particular design elements, it is as useless as any accessory could possibly be to me...  

Great review of a fine figure, though.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Excelion Prime wrote:On the topic of historical accuracy. Notice the ARH Comix logo on the package?
The design isn't meant to be historically accurate. Like Arhian, Skarah and Arkallah the figures ARE accurate to the comic book versions of those characters. https://arhstudioscollectibles.com/product-category/statues/

But unlike Arhian, Skarah, and Arkalla, this product had the following perfectly historical intro:
"Anck Su Namun was a princess of the Eighteenth Dynasty of Egypt. She was the third of six known daughters of the Egyptian Pharaoh Akhenaten and his Great Royal Wife Nefertiti and became the Great Royal Wife of her half-brother Tutankhamun. Her youth is well documented in the ancient reliefs and paintings of the reign of her parents." Or it would be perfectly historical if they had spelled her name right. So they are selling a historical figure but providing a fantasy one.

PureEnergy

GubernatorFan wrote:
Excelion Prime wrote:On the topic of historical accuracy. Notice the ARH Comix logo on the package?
The design isn't meant to be historically accurate. Like Arhian, Skarah and Arkallah the figures ARE accurate to the comic book versions of those characters. https://arhstudioscollectibles.com/product-category/statues/

But unlike Arhian, Skarah, and Arkalla, this product had the following perfectly historical intro:
"Anck Su Namun was a princess of the Eighteenth Dynasty of Egypt. She was the third of six known daughters of the Egyptian Pharaoh Akhenaten and his Great Royal Wife Nefertiti and became the Great Royal Wife of her half-brother Tutankhamun. Her youth is well documented in the ancient reliefs and paintings of the reign of her parents." Or it would be perfectly historical if they had spelled her name right. So they are selling a historical figure but providing a fantasy one.

Which is, therefore, technically, something of a misrepresentation, is it not?

A fine fantasy figure, nevertheless...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
PureEnergy wrote:Which is, therefore, technically, something of a misrepresentation, is it not?

Exactly! And also plagiarism! They copied the historical intro almost verbatim from Wikipedia, just separating and revising the part with the name:

"Ankhesenamun (ˁnḫ-s-n-imn, "Her Life Is of Amun"; c. 1348 – after 1322 BC) was a queen of the Eighteenth Dynasty of Egypt. Born as Ankhesenpaaten, she was the third of six known daughters of the Egyptian Pharaoh Akhenaten and his Great Royal Wife Nefertiti, and became the Great Royal Wife of her half-brother Tutankhamun. ... Her youth is well documented in the ancient reliefs and paintings of the reign of her parents. "

became

"Anck Su Namun was a princess of the Eighteenth Dynasty of Egypt. She was the third of six known daughters of the Egyptian Pharaoh Akhenaten and his Great Royal Wife Nefertiti and became the Great Royal Wife of her half-brother Tutankhamun. Her youth is well documented in the ancient reliefs and paintings of the reign of her parents."

As I was researching this, I noticed that apparently the bogus name was used for the 1999 version of the Mummy, whereas the 1932 version had a technically correct variation, Ankh-es-en-amon.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Fun review Brassco! It is funny that Phicen ripped the description right from Wikipedia. Which is weird, since it's based on an ARH Comix character, you'd think they would have been happy to provide copy. I like the removable ring too (why don't we see that more often?) and the head really is beautiful. I'll be keeping an eye out for it loose. No sleep lost on the lack of historical accuracy. Is anyone really ordering from Phicen and expecting differently? Razz

MerylAkiba

Is this a new body, also is the hairpiece magnetic or is there a hole in the center of the head?

brassco

brassco
MerylAkiba wrote:Is this a new body, also is the hairpiece magnetic or is there a hole in the center of the head?

Oh...missed that one on the product review.

PL2018-129 Anck Su Namun Princess of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure 35
PL2018-129 Anck Su Namun Princess of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure 36

Hole it is. Not difficult to take out, but not loose either.

PL2018-129 Anck Su Namun Princess of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure 37

PureEnergy

GubernatorFan wrote: And also plagiarism! They copied the historical intro almost verbatim from Wikipedia, just separating and revising the part with the name...

Well, such is certainly not at all unbelievable...  My question rather becomes,“Why?”  

Do they project better sales if the character is misperceived as being historical?  Why should that be so?  I have yet to see anyone modeling ancient Egypt in historically accurate 1:6 (nor any other scale) - and, for obvious reasons, I really don’t expect to ever see that.  

So the only reasonable explanation that I can surmise would be the abject lack of creativity, which - among excuses for plagiarism - I’d imagine ranks quite high...  

Here’s a piece of my mind:

TBLeague, stop it with the comic characters - or at least so exclusively.  Give us rather quality designs to which we can, ourselves, assign backstories and details.  Save on costs of licensing, energy and time - perhaps better spent on a complimentary line of Head Sculpts for your inexplicably headless figures

Spooks, I suppose that I do demand a certain modicum of integrity from them.  Why shouldn't we?

Brassco, That's a might unsightly...  Of all the options, it seems that they may have chosen one which sacrifices a more practical aesthetic for the simplest solution, somewhat sadly...  A hole in the head?  Indeed...

Peaches

Peaches
I think they probably just needed a story written in English Very Happy Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum