OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: [RMT-036] The Lost Man 1:6 Collectible Figure by Redman

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Product Includes:
Normal Head Sculpt
Vampire Head Sculpt
Metal Earrings
Black Jacket(Include Badges,Watch)
Black Tights
Black Leather
Black Leather Pants
Noodle
Chopsticks
Classic Wine
Thigh Boot
Vampire Hands
Vampire foots
Black glove hands X 4
Body

LostMan - NEW PRODUCT: [RMT-036] The Lost Man 1:6 Collectible Figure by Redman 1305
LostMan - NEW PRODUCT: [RMT-036] The Lost Man 1:6 Collectible Figure by Redman 2176
LostMan - NEW PRODUCT: [RMT-036] The Lost Man 1:6 Collectible Figure by Redman 3154
LostMan - NEW PRODUCT: [RMT-036] The Lost Man 1:6 Collectible Figure by Redman 4141
LostMan - NEW PRODUCT: [RMT-036] The Lost Man 1:6 Collectible Figure by Redman 5138
LostMan - NEW PRODUCT: [RMT-036] The Lost Man 1:6 Collectible Figure by Redman 6134
LostMan - NEW PRODUCT: [RMT-036] The Lost Man 1:6 Collectible Figure by Redman 7130
LostMan - NEW PRODUCT: [RMT-036] The Lost Man 1:6 Collectible Figure by Redman 8122
LostMan - NEW PRODUCT: [RMT-036] The Lost Man 1:6 Collectible Figure by Redman 9120
LostMan - NEW PRODUCT: [RMT-036] The Lost Man 1:6 Collectible Figure by Redman 10112
LostMan - NEW PRODUCT: [RMT-036] The Lost Man 1:6 Collectible Figure by Redman 11115

#newproduct #Redman #LostMan #Vampire #David #movie-inspired #horror #male

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Hmmm... I like the human head, but it doesn't quite nail the actor's look (more like a cosplayer, or if Joshua Jackson had played the character); the vampire head also seems to come short and, again, not quite accurate. Otherwise a sparse but nice set.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Knowing we’d never get the others is a bit of a let down. Somehow wouldn’t be complete with just the one guy.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

LostMan - NEW PRODUCT: [RMT-036] The Lost Man 1:6 Collectible Figure by Redman C8485110

MerylAkiba

They should also make the saxophone guy 'I still believe!'

PureEnergy

MerylAkiba wrote:They should also make the saxophone guy 'I still believe!'

Hahaha!  Tim Cappello!  

LostMan - NEW PRODUCT: [RMT-036] The Lost Man 1:6 Collectible Figure by Redman Tc110

Like a Star @ heaven “I’ll wait, ‘til the end of time for you like everybody else!”  Like a Star @ heaven

I don’t need a "David," wicked though he were…  

However, I would not mind a Jason Patric Head Sculpt…

LostMan - NEW PRODUCT: [RMT-036] The Lost Man 1:6 Collectible Figure by Redman Jp110

He was cool, but, unfortunately, it seems as though that particular window of opportunity which he’d had briefly has since been shut…  

But I still believe…

Smile

shazzdan

shazzdan
"My own brother, a goddamn sh!t-sucking vampire! You wait 'til Mom finds out, buddy!"

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Interesting! And totally not what I expected when I clicked on the thread, lol!

While he's not the greatness likeness that ever existed, perhaps, I do think he'd be recognizable as the character at least (dat mullet, lol!), even if displayed on his lonesome (which is indeed a shame).

I wouldn't really have a place for the full figure in my collection, but I DO really like his hands and feet -- looks like they could potentially work for some monster/beast characters.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
I like the human sculpt... looks spot on David to me smirk and all... sculpt probably based on this poster.

LostMan - NEW PRODUCT: [RMT-036] The Lost Man 1:6 Collectible Figure by Redman TheLostBoysPoster1_zpsvuppyltg

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

One of the nicer Iminime figures they've totally ripped off.

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:
One of the nicer Iminime figures they've totally ripped off.

CHEERS!

Haha, always the cynic...

I read somewhere, awhile ago, that a lot of these are just low-budget collaborations with Iminime. Whether that’s true or not, who knows.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

LostMan - NEW PRODUCT: [RMT-036] The Lost Man 1:6 Collectible Figure by Redman C8485110

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
I'm as sure as I can be that they're just ripping them off. Sean Dabbs of Warriors Gate did the same heads, hands and feet. I did think they were copies of his at first.

I'm sure Iminime would just want to invest in their high end pieces and keep up with that prestige rather than crank out cheap imitations.

CHEERS!

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
So Iminime Cult King did that David sculpt. Thanks for the info, Roger.
I was wondering who the sculpt was ripped off from given Redman Toy's reputation.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Yeah, pretty much everything Redman do is originally by them.

CHEERS!

blackpool

blackpool
Nice offer! And quite good likeness, redman toys headsculpts are sometimes very weak on the likeness.

As for the rip off, I find it just fair since iminime/cultking creates a fake rarity to justify their insane prices while producing in Korea... Two options from here, 1 is redman sculpt their own heads trying to copy iminime, which is perfectly legal, 2 is redman uses the molds produced for iminime which would mean they use the same factory (that's very likely...)

It's a bit simple to just attack redman anytime you see their name popping @roger, going your way Iminime actually "rip off" a large number of comanies for most their bodies, hands, feet, weapons, accessories, clothing, the list is long...

Added to this they actually "rip off" the license and copyright holders for each of the figures they produce... Another aspect that makes their prices scandalous and totally unjustified... And I strongly believe this is exactly why they don't go after redman toys, because they are just as illegal as them Very Happy

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Yeah, I do get your point there regarding licensing, but, the Iminime team are the ones that put the real hours in on these and you pay for their craftsmanship and they are limited edition pieces. Where I take issue is that Redman then come along and put none of that work in and undermine what Iminime have done and the original artists see no return whatsoever. I'm sure if you had put many hours in on a sculpt for a company that were paying you for that time, only for someone to then copy it you would feel somewhat differently.

Redman sculpts are weak on likeness because they are recasts of much better original sculpts. I've seen pics and videos of original figures that Iminime have done and the difference is night and day.

blackpool

blackpool
I get your point, but in the specific case of iminime I don't agree, if they actually have their headsculpts factory made, it means they limit the production runs on purpose to justify their prices (around 1000$ for a copyright infringing figure, I cough everytime I see them on sale, their latest release being the king in the north, likeness is average, no accessory or spare hands, and most outfit parts copied from threezero official GoT releases...)

And it is only a "possibility" since a lot of "recasts" are done from third party companies based on hot toys factory molds and the likeness both to the character and to the original headsculpt is outrageously obvious (and good!).

This is not the case with redman toys, their release choices are very discutable and shady for sure, as they stick to iminime's choices. But looking at their products, the likeness to iminime products is not that obvious, check for example the good/bad/ugly or pulp fiction figures, I'm really not that sure the heads are recasts, they would look ten times better otherwise.

I totally get your point about artists doing custom works, I own a few custom headsculpts myself, and I do understand they are limited in their production because they are not established companies with a budget to develop a project, they most often work at home, so the production runs are very limited.

Seeing their work copied is a shame, and it's sad for sure, but when the work itself is not legal there is nothing to cry about. It's perfectly legal to sculpt a portrait of an actor for your personal pleasure, it's even legal to sell this one piece, but definitely not to sell it in quantities, even limited.

I find it surprising how most people defend those artists (that know the risks they are taking) but are cheering up everytime a bootleg or recast is stolen from the "devil" hot toys... if hot toys is more expensive, that is also because of that licensing and rights paid for the actor's likeness, the franchise, etc, etc...

So what in the end justifies iminime limited production and pricing? Marketing strategy only, and from this point, I have very little compassion for them, sorry Smile

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Yeah, ok, points well made and taken. I think we'll leave it there. If folks want him, they can get him, not like anyone can stop them.

CHEERS!

shazzdan

shazzdan
A limited production run is far better than producing too many that can't be sold. The latter leads to bankruptcy. If there is enough demand, you can be sure that more will be produced.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum