OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

REVIEW: Sideshow Collectibles: Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
My wonderful wife helped put this one together for me (luckily it wasn't very hard). Most of his back-pack accessories were already attached (thankfully), or she probably wouldn't have.

His lightsabers, the binoculars, and the long rifle were the only things that had to be attached (other than the goggles). Pretty simple to set up. The base top did not come with the figure (it was a custom I got from a customizer over at the Freaks: Cocoboloboy).

Overall I'm pretty happy with this guy. The paint apps are better than the usual Sideshow human effort, but still kind of flat -- particularly in photos; the sculpt, however is excellent, and they did a really good job on the weathering of his clothes -- with the exception of his white tunic sleeves having little-to-no weathering, and the color of the neck not matching the head sculpt. It's a decent conglomeration of Sir Alec and Ewan, though I tend to see more of the former than the latter. For the price it would have been pretty cool if they had included some sort of feature to light up his saber blade, but it's not really that big of deal for me, as I never use those features anyway (I have one Iron Man armor and I've never tried any of the light up features -- as I've heard it's a nightmare to open all the little compartments to put those batteries in).

The first two pictures are mine from my cell phone.

review - REVIEW: Sideshow Collectibles: Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Img_7525
review - REVIEW: Sideshow Collectibles: Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Img_7526

And the rest, which really show off how great this figure is are from Freaks members Cocoboloboy, jedibear, Kamandi, Mandible, Pizza, robrod, & Stealth V3teran. Please enjoy some of the great photography and details of what is, in my opinion, one of the best figures Sideshow Collectibles has ever done.

Cocoboloboy:
review - REVIEW: Sideshow Collectibles: Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos 36d2c910
review - REVIEW: Sideshow Collectibles: Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos 6a954810

jedibear:
review - REVIEW: Sideshow Collectibles: Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Mythos10
review - REVIEW: Sideshow Collectibles: Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Mythos11
review - REVIEW: Sideshow Collectibles: Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Mythos12
review - REVIEW: Sideshow Collectibles: Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Mythos15
review - REVIEW: Sideshow Collectibles: Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Mythos14
review - REVIEW: Sideshow Collectibles: Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Mythos13

Kamandi:
review - REVIEW: Sideshow Collectibles: Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Hocfwn10

Mandible:
review - REVIEW: Sideshow Collectibles: Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Img-1610
review - REVIEW: Sideshow Collectibles: Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos P1080510
review - REVIEW: Sideshow Collectibles: Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos P1080511
review - REVIEW: Sideshow Collectibles: Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos P1080512
review - REVIEW: Sideshow Collectibles: Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos P1080514
review - REVIEW: Sideshow Collectibles: Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos P1080513

Pizza:
review - REVIEW: Sideshow Collectibles: Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos 2wpcyx10
review - REVIEW: Sideshow Collectibles: Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos 8k9yo710
review - REVIEW: Sideshow Collectibles: Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Dd8epa10
review - REVIEW: Sideshow Collectibles: Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Hsac8m10
review - REVIEW: Sideshow Collectibles: Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Kxwacm10
review - REVIEW: Sideshow Collectibles: Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Ml2ofl10
review - REVIEW: Sideshow Collectibles: Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Nxn5im10

robrod (went to a rock quarry and grabbed sand and dirt and glued it to the top of his base):
review - REVIEW: Sideshow Collectibles: Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos 1308
review - REVIEW: Sideshow Collectibles: Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos 2178

Stealth V3teran:
review - REVIEW: Sideshow Collectibles: Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Lrm_ex11
review - REVIEW: Sideshow Collectibles: Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Lrm_ex12
review - REVIEW: Sideshow Collectibles: Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Lrm_ex10

#review #Sideshow #Obi-WanKenobi #Mythos

He who dies with the most toys wins!

review - REVIEW: Sideshow Collectibles: Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wowwwwwww!!! :O

These pics are all incredible. Your custom stand is awesome! The headsculpt is different than I was expecting from the promo pics, but NOT in a bad way. I wasn't sure about it at first, but I'm really liking it . And he looks absolutely AMAZING with the hood up! *heart eyes*

The inclusion of his Clone Wars armour is SUCH a wonderful detail (and makes my heart hurt... *sob*)

This is a truly stunning figure -- and not just aesthetically, but also emotionally.....everything about it gives me such *feels*.

Thank you so much for sharing. <3 <3 <3

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
He looks great. I definitely see (an imaginary) young Alec Guiness in him (I don't actually know what he really looked like). The close-up of the face reveals very good detail work, and the overall effect of the figure is excellent.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Here's a really cool shot from Freaks member Dinosoar Daz; really curious where he got the dio from:

review - REVIEW: Sideshow Collectibles: Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Kenobi10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Here's a really cool shot from Freaks member Dinosoar Daz; really curious where he got the dio from

Very cool indeed. The background might be a print, while the foreground looks like it is wood.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Wow, great review and gorgeous figure. They really did do a great job on him! I love all the detail in his gear, and that head is really wonderful. Great choices of materials on the outfit, and that cloak and hood lay so naturally. Quite impressed.

Ephiane

Ephiane
Fantastic Figure and Photos !

These are the figures You are looking for * Jedi Gesture *Very Happy

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Here's a really cool shot from Freaks member Dinosoar Daz; really curious where he got the dio from

Very cool indeed. The background might be a print, while the foreground looks like it is wood.

A couple of us inquired what it was. Apparently it's custom-made (by him: Dinosoar Daz) from cardboard and wall-putty, then painted:

review - REVIEW: Sideshow Collectibles: Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos 20170210
review - REVIEW: Sideshow Collectibles: Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos 20190116
review - REVIEW: Sideshow Collectibles: Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos 20190115

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Almost makes me want to get one. Imagine if they'd been making the prequels now. Effects technology has advanced enough for them to have done this instead of Ewan McGregor.

Then again, having just seen some of the prices, err, maybe not......

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Dinosoar Daz having more fun with his cool diorama pieces, figures, and his new favorite figure (Mythos Obi-Wan):

review - REVIEW: Sideshow Collectibles: Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Obi1_r10

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Awesome!!! <3 <3 <3

I mean to ask, Stryker -- are the Clone Wars armour pieces that are in his pack removable/wearable, or are they just decorative?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Awesome!!! <3 <3 <3

I mean to ask, Stryker  -- are the Clone Wars armour pieces that are in his pack removable/wearable, or  are they just decorative?

They are not removable, or wearable. The topic came up several times on other forums. The pieces themselves, even if removable, would actually be impossible for the figure to wear as they are too small -- but just right for appearance sake.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ah ok , I thought as much , but just had to check in case — would have been perfect for a custom TCW Obi-Wan.... Razz

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very cool new scene from Daz, thanks for sharing it, Mark.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Very cool new scene from Daz, thanks for sharing it, Mark.

Yeah, his Tatooine dio is impressive. I'd like to see him add a sand base to it for even more realism, but I imagine his set-up is probably like a Lego, where you can mix and match sections (I guess you could probably still do a sand-floor even under those sorts of conditions).

BAMComix

BAMComix
Such a cool figure!I love all the kit he has with him. I did consider buying one of these figures, but sadly, Like I have done so many times I went for something else and missed out! Story of a 1/6 collectors life I guess? lol!
Great background pics from the guy from the other forum, really started my creative dio building process kick in! Thanks for sharing cheers

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:Such a cool figure!I love all the kit he has with him. I did consider buying one of these figures, but sadly, Like I have done so many times I went for something else and missed out! Story of a 1/6 collectors life I guess? lol!
Great background pics from the guy from the other forum, really started my creative dio building process kick in! Thanks for sharing cheers

There's tons more pics of him over at the Freaks, but sadly (while he's still "available" from Sideshow -- DO NOT PURCHASE!!!!) They have done some pretty shady crap since making the first batch -- every subsequent batch has lesser quality materials, paint apps, and an inferior body. Sideshow really is run by some absolutely shady people, and since very few people seem to call them out, they'll just continue to screw people over. Too bad, really, since this is hands down one of the best figures they've ever made -- at least on the initial run.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Stryker2011 wrote:
BAMComix wrote:Such a cool figure!I love all the kit he has with him. I did consider buying one of these figures, but sadly, Like I have done so many times I went for something else and missed out! Story of a 1/6 collectors life I guess? lol!

There's tons more pics of him over at the Freaks, but sadly (while he's still "available" from Sideshow -- DO NOT PURCHASE!!!!) They have done some pretty shady crap since making the first batch -- every subsequent batch has lesser quality materials, paint apps, and an inferior body. Sideshow really is run by some absolutely shady people, and since very few people seem to call them out, they'll just continue to screw people over. Too bad, really, since this is hands down one of the best figures they've ever made -- at least on the initial run.

Thanks for the heads up bounce . That really is quite dad though Sad , that they are producing inferior versions of what is a fantastic figure Very Happy . At least you landed yourself a first version Very Happy . I really enjoyed your post and pics.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum