OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: BLACK 13 PARK - BLACK LABORARY SERIES 5TH ANNIVERSARY SUPER SPECIAL - WHITE LONGHORN REINDEER 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE SET

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
First appeared in the illustration art included with the first version of Reindeer, this variant (white) of Reindeer has long been fascinated and demanded by B13 fans. To celebrate the 5th anniversary of the Black Laborary Series, Black 13 Park (B13) is making everyone's dreak come true. This super limited version of Reindeer, officially titled "Black Night Demon Assassination Troop", comes with all new color scheme for the deer head, new paint app on the human head, additional sumurai helmt and newly desgined weapon and clothing.

$779.99 USD

NEW PRODUCT: BLACK 13 PARK - BLACK LABORARY SERIES 5TH ANNIVERSARY SUPER SPECIAL - WHITE LONGHORN REINDEER 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE SET 1389
NEW PRODUCT: BLACK 13 PARK - BLACK LABORARY SERIES 5TH ANNIVERSARY SUPER SPECIAL - WHITE LONGHORN REINDEER 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE SET 2183
NEW PRODUCT: BLACK 13 PARK - BLACK LABORARY SERIES 5TH ANNIVERSARY SUPER SPECIAL - WHITE LONGHORN REINDEER 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE SET 3159
NEW PRODUCT: BLACK 13 PARK - BLACK LABORARY SERIES 5TH ANNIVERSARY SUPER SPECIAL - WHITE LONGHORN REINDEER 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE SET 4146
NEW PRODUCT: BLACK 13 PARK - BLACK LABORARY SERIES 5TH ANNIVERSARY SUPER SPECIAL - WHITE LONGHORN REINDEER 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE SET 5143
NEW PRODUCT: BLACK 13 PARK - BLACK LABORARY SERIES 5TH ANNIVERSARY SUPER SPECIAL - WHITE LONGHORN REINDEER 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE SET 6139
NEW PRODUCT: BLACK 13 PARK - BLACK LABORARY SERIES 5TH ANNIVERSARY SUPER SPECIAL - WHITE LONGHORN REINDEER 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE SET 7135
NEW PRODUCT: BLACK 13 PARK - BLACK LABORARY SERIES 5TH ANNIVERSARY SUPER SPECIAL - WHITE LONGHORN REINDEER 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE SET 8127
NEW PRODUCT: BLACK 13 PARK - BLACK LABORARY SERIES 5TH ANNIVERSARY SUPER SPECIAL - WHITE LONGHORN REINDEER 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE SET 9125
NEW PRODUCT: BLACK 13 PARK - BLACK LABORARY SERIES 5TH ANNIVERSARY SUPER SPECIAL - WHITE LONGHORN REINDEER 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE SET 10117
NEW PRODUCT: BLACK 13 PARK - BLACK LABORARY SERIES 5TH ANNIVERSARY SUPER SPECIAL - WHITE LONGHORN REINDEER 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE SET 11119
NEW PRODUCT: BLACK 13 PARK - BLACK LABORARY SERIES 5TH ANNIVERSARY SUPER SPECIAL - WHITE LONGHORN REINDEER 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE SET 12105
NEW PRODUCT: BLACK 13 PARK - BLACK LABORARY SERIES 5TH ANNIVERSARY SUPER SPECIAL - WHITE LONGHORN REINDEER 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE SET 1390
NEW PRODUCT: BLACK 13 PARK - BLACK LABORARY SERIES 5TH ANNIVERSARY SUPER SPECIAL - WHITE LONGHORN REINDEER 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE SET 1481
NEW PRODUCT: BLACK 13 PARK - BLACK LABORARY SERIES 5TH ANNIVERSARY SUPER SPECIAL - WHITE LONGHORN REINDEER 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE SET 1572
NEW PRODUCT: BLACK 13 PARK - BLACK LABORARY SERIES 5TH ANNIVERSARY SUPER SPECIAL - WHITE LONGHORN REINDEER 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE SET 1673
NEW PRODUCT: BLACK 13 PARK - BLACK LABORARY SERIES 5TH ANNIVERSARY SUPER SPECIAL - WHITE LONGHORN REINDEER 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE SET 1765
NEW PRODUCT: BLACK 13 PARK - BLACK LABORARY SERIES 5TH ANNIVERSARY SUPER SPECIAL - WHITE LONGHORN REINDEER 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE SET 1859
NEW PRODUCT: BLACK 13 PARK - BLACK LABORARY SERIES 5TH ANNIVERSARY SUPER SPECIAL - WHITE LONGHORN REINDEER 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE SET 1953
NEW PRODUCT: BLACK 13 PARK - BLACK LABORARY SERIES 5TH ANNIVERSARY SUPER SPECIAL - WHITE LONGHORN REINDEER 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE SET 2047
NEW PRODUCT: BLACK 13 PARK - BLACK LABORARY SERIES 5TH ANNIVERSARY SUPER SPECIAL - WHITE LONGHORN REINDEER 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE SET 2184
NEW PRODUCT: BLACK 13 PARK - BLACK LABORARY SERIES 5TH ANNIVERSARY SUPER SPECIAL - WHITE LONGHORN REINDEER 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE SET 2239
NEW PRODUCT: BLACK 13 PARK - BLACK LABORARY SERIES 5TH ANNIVERSARY SUPER SPECIAL - WHITE LONGHORN REINDEER 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE SET 2336
NEW PRODUCT: BLACK 13 PARK - BLACK LABORARY SERIES 5TH ANNIVERSARY SUPER SPECIAL - WHITE LONGHORN REINDEER 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE SET 2435
NEW PRODUCT: BLACK 13 PARK - BLACK LABORARY SERIES 5TH ANNIVERSARY SUPER SPECIAL - WHITE LONGHORN REINDEER 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE SET 2531

#newproduct #Black13Park #BlackLaborary #5thAnniversarySpecial #WhiteLonghornReindeer #male #stylized

PitViper

PitViper
I've never heard a satisfactory explanation on these kinds of figures...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Me neither, PitViper, but I suppose there are fans of B13 (whatever it is) out there and perhaps they can be kitbash fodder for people doing post-apocalyptic scenes. I kinda like the deer head and maybe the modified samurai helmet, but that's about it.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Unfortunately, it's far too cost prohibitive for kitbash fodder. This figure costs as much as the new Sideshow Jabba and Throne with Salacius Crumb. This is probably why you never see these things broken down -- each individual piece would cost over $100 on eBay; can you imagine paying $100 for a pair of hands?!

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: BLACK 13 PARK - BLACK LABORARY SERIES 5TH ANNIVERSARY SUPER SPECIAL - WHITE LONGHORN REINDEER 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE SET C8485110

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
I actually LOVE Black13Park's stuff!  I don't think this is the best thing he's released, but his craftsmanship is pretty unparalleled, and his designs and attention to detail have a really unique aesthetic.  There's a huge fashion influence to his designs that you can really see in the tailoring.  The animal heads are a part of the background fiction (I think they're like nazi genetic experiments) but even without that, the animal head thing is a pretty common art motif, and you see it everywhere.  Hell, one of the big department stores' Christmas windows in NYC a few years ago (I believe it was Bergdorf's) was a bunch of guys in suits with wolf heads.  Realism isn't the whole of the industry, and there are huge markets for stylized figures that draw inspiration from urban vinyl, graffiti art, anime, retro cartoons.  If you're looking for a "satisfactory explanation" for the existence of figures like this, I'd say that people are into more than just military guys with guns and super heroes, and there's a whole artistic spectrum out there that intersects with the high end action figure market.  5 Points Fest has been running strong for years and is an entire convention of designer toys, graffiti art and craft beer (Clutter Magazine and Lagunitas Brewery are the main presenters). Even if you don't dig the stylized human heads or the animal heads, his tech is so rad and has an original look of it's own.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
While I'm guessing these would be way far out of my price range (and wouldn't really work with anything else I have at present), I can definitely see the artistic value and appeal -- ESPECIALLY those deer/skull heads!!! LOVE those!!

The animal heads bring to mind the work of the artist known as 'dappermouth':  https://www.instagram.com/dappermouth/?hl=en

I think I encountered someone on tumblr who had one of these (or rather a previous figure of similar make), and I was intrigued, but didn't know anything about them -- so thanks for the info on the artist, Rev.

For me, 'dolls', '1/6 action figures', and pretty much everything in-between all quite happily co-exist together my own personal sphere of interest, so I appreciate such 'oddities' being included here. Even if they aren't something I would purchase, it's just neat to see what's out there. : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
I really love the aesthetic of these kind of figures, though in this case the underscaled deer head is a bit annoying.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
skywalkersaga, thanks for the heads up on Dappermouth!  Absolutely beautiful, and just followed them on instagram.  And glad to give a little background on Black13Park.  I've had an eye on his work for years, although it's admittedly a bit pricey for me.  I'd genuinely have considered shelling out for his Ruin figure, but I discovered him long after they were released.  Here's a few pics:

NEW PRODUCT: BLACK 13 PARK - BLACK LABORARY SERIES 5TH ANNIVERSARY SUPER SPECIAL - WHITE LONGHORN REINDEER 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE SET B13-ruin-jungle-040-600x400

NEW PRODUCT: BLACK 13 PARK - BLACK LABORARY SERIES 5TH ANNIVERSARY SUPER SPECIAL - WHITE LONGHORN REINDEER 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE SET Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSU1Nwd6ZvfJY_tqhuq_vZGnz-Buo2vMgU8XGw3gODRcx-IJAZy

NEW PRODUCT: BLACK 13 PARK - BLACK LABORARY SERIES 5TH ANNIVERSARY SUPER SPECIAL - WHITE LONGHORN REINDEER 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE SET Black-13-park-assault-036

NEW PRODUCT: BLACK 13 PARK - BLACK LABORARY SERIES 5TH ANNIVERSARY SUPER SPECIAL - WHITE LONGHORN REINDEER 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE SET B13-RIUN-assassin-063

NEW PRODUCT: BLACK 13 PARK - BLACK LABORARY SERIES 5TH ANNIVERSARY SUPER SPECIAL - WHITE LONGHORN REINDEER 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE SET 403abf25ecffac11cf49a244fd300656

And here is a really different styled set he did that I just happened to love too:

NEW PRODUCT: BLACK 13 PARK - BLACK LABORARY SERIES 5TH ANNIVERSARY SUPER SPECIAL - WHITE LONGHORN REINDEER 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE SET 36__69307.1502179678.1280.1280

NEW PRODUCT: BLACK 13 PARK - BLACK LABORARY SERIES 5TH ANNIVERSARY SUPER SPECIAL - WHITE LONGHORN REINDEER 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE SET 35__28202.1502179672.1280.1280

NEW PRODUCT: BLACK 13 PARK - BLACK LABORARY SERIES 5TH ANNIVERSARY SUPER SPECIAL - WHITE LONGHORN REINDEER 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE SET 39__07460.1502179497.1280.1280

NEW PRODUCT: BLACK 13 PARK - BLACK LABORARY SERIES 5TH ANNIVERSARY SUPER SPECIAL - WHITE LONGHORN REINDEER 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE SET 29__90202.1502179806.1280.1280

And Lynkhart, while it may be underscaled for a deer head, it might be very reasonably scaled for a man-with-deer-head head.  Razz   Just sayin.

PureEnergy

ReverendSpooky wrote:And Lynkhart, while it may be underscaled for a deer head, it might be very reasonably scaled for a man-with-deer-head head.  Razz   Just sayin.

But, don’t you mean to say "reasonably scaled for a man-with-an-underscaled-deer-head?"   Laughing

I can see and appreciate the artistic element here - I just don’t care for it, personally.  The frequency of such animal-headed characters that you’d mentioned is, alone, enough to consider this reiterative.

That, and I just do not dig the “skinny jeans” fashion wave for men...

NEW PRODUCT: BLACK 13 PARK - BLACK LABORARY SERIES 5TH ANNIVERSARY SUPER SPECIAL - WHITE LONGHORN REINDEER 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE SET 29__90202.1502179806.1280.1280

This android with mammary access panels, though...  How cool is that?

PitViper

PitViper
ReverendSpooky wrote:I actually LOVE Black13Park's stuff!  I don't think this is the best thing he's released, but his craftsmanship is pretty unparalleled, and his designs and attention to detail have a really unique aesthetic.  There's a huge fashion influence to his designs that you can really see in the tailoring.  The animal heads are a part of the background fiction (I think they're like nazi genetic experiments) but even without that, the animal head thing is a pretty common art motif, and you see it everywhere.  Hell, one of the big department stores' Christmas windows in NYC a few years ago (I believe it was Bergdorf's) was a bunch of guys in suits with wolf heads.  Realism isn't the whole of the industry, and there are huge markets for stylized figures that draw inspiration from urban vinyl, graffiti art, anime, retro cartoons.  If you're looking for a "satisfactory explanation" for the existence of figures like this, I'd say that people are into more than just military guys with guns and super heroes, and there's a whole artistic spectrum out there that intersects with the high end action figure market.  5 Points Fest has been running strong for years and is an entire convention of designer toys, graffiti art and craft beer (Clutter Magazine and Lagunitas Brewery are the main presenters). Even if you don't dig the stylized human heads or the animal heads, his tech is so rad and has an original look of it's own.

Quite an explanation indeed sir. Appreciate you taking the time.

In taking a second look one can see the fashion details in the figures' clothing, shoes etc.

Not my cup of tea, but I can understand the popularity and attraction these figures have within the more art design/tech/sci-fi/alternative - oriented 1:6 hobbyists. Personally, I'm not familiar at all with the 1:1 "artistic spectrum" surrounding these figures, but like I've always said, to each their own.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, thanks for those extra pics, Rev! I am especially enamoured with that first example.... <3

And PureEnergy, I completely understand the consternation at men's fashion atm. I always end up thinking that if they are so keen to wear tight trousers, then they might as well just go all the way and don some medieval hose. Laughing

(In reality, as a medievalist I have nothing against men in tight pants, lol, it's moreso that I find the overall 'look' associated with that particular fashion at the moment quite baffling from my own aesthetic standpoint.)

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Man, all this hate for tight jeans! If it's good enough for The Ramones and The Clash, it's good enough for me.

NEW PRODUCT: BLACK 13 PARK - BLACK LABORARY SERIES 5TH ANNIVERSARY SUPER SPECIAL - WHITE LONGHORN REINDEER 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE SET 9.-Image-courtesy-of-Danny-Fields-and-Reel-Art-Press

NEW PRODUCT: BLACK 13 PARK - BLACK LABORARY SERIES 5TH ANNIVERSARY SUPER SPECIAL - WHITE LONGHORN REINDEER 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE SET 5c897b955d5e9f2b88fa55af4d059d88

I'm an old punk, tight jeans and pants are nothing new to me.  Mine are just a little larger around the waist then they were when i was 17.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
lol, fair enough , Rev!

Like I said, I have nothing against tight jeans/pants/trousers/leggings/hosen on men in general, just not super keen on the current iteration in terms of what it tends to be paired with right now. But then i'm kinda grumpy about most thing that are 'in' atm, so take that for what you will. ;p

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think they might be fine on some people, but now hipsters have given them a bad name (as with most things that hipsters adopt).

teamweapon

i like B13 figures and follow what they do but i could NEVER be happy shelling out for a piece i know is over priced for what it is. i know some one is going to say its because of the time & effort that goes into the items and the low production runs [i own a clothing business and we custom make clothing, alas saying that not 1/6 Sad] but $800 for the above figure is too much. i can see value when its there. the last B13 the stag [i think?] in the laboratory was an absolute KILLER figure and i thought it was worth the price tag. this which is a rehash of an old figure that B13 probably saw go for a TON of money ebay, i dont think so. like i say i can see when something has value, im not complete skin flint ive preordered the darkcrown crimson figure and that looks to be SPOT on as far as VFM goes. i guess i have to wait and see? im NOT looking forward to the eye watering customs charge to the UK though Sad

PureEnergy

That's just not my jam, Spooks...  

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum