OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A DML clone 1:6 body is on the way from Battlegear Toys!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
See subject.

My friend Scott Norris (no relation to Chuck) told me about it.

Read the information in the link below.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/60856241522/permalink/10155670705136523/

Let me add some perspective.

DML (Dragon Models Limited) was one of the major 1:6 brands in the 1:6 hobby, but stepped back from the 1:6 hobby some years and focused on producing model kits (their original primary business).  You can still find old/prior 1:6 offerings from DML online (i.e. eBay, vendors, etc.) as well as loose parts.  They were considered one of the primary mainstays in the 1:6 hobby.

However, the supply of their offerings over time is dwindling.  Battlegear Toys have a reputation for producing a variety of 1:6 offerings covering a variety of eras/themes, but their offerings are designed and fit for DML bodies.  As such, the announcement indicates they're offering their own DML clone type bodies.  I don't want the price on them will be, but I'll be keeping an eye out for them when they're produced and released.  Hopefully, the design, price, and quality on them will be reasonable.

#newproduct #dragon #body #discussion

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Hmm, the Neo 3 was good, but, the older Neo has been beaten on all counts by many other bodies now. I suppose, if they did it cheaply enough it might be ok, but, I can't see it having mass appeal.

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I can’t see anything on the Facebook link except a big pop-up window telling me to F#$k off or sign up for an account (not exactly, but... Evil or Very Mad ); I will never do anything to support Zuckerberg.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

A DML clone 1:6 body is on the way from Battlegear Toys! C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Unlike some other Facebook pages, I see nothing here. I was curious... is DML (Dragon Models Limited) the same outfit as Dragon in our hobby terminology?

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
GubernatorFan wrote:Unlike some other Facebook pages, I see nothing here. I was curious... is DML (Dragon Models Limited) the same outfit as Dragon in our hobby terminology?

--

Yes.

Below is the post for the Facebook non-inclined.

--

Got an email from Auggie at www.battlegeartoys.com If you are looking for other eras and some real high quality stuff check out his website.
Hi Folks,

We've just launched our new website and forum. We hope you'll take time to have a look at both the website and forum. I'll be taking new photos to replace the outdated ones and in the coming weeks we'll be releasing new products on a more regular basis including our new figure.

Some will say "just what we need, another figure", but this has become a necessity for us since we originally designed our products specifically for the DML figure. Now that Dragon has basically backed out of the 1:6th scale market and with the onset of so many new companies releasing their own bodies, we've found we cannot redesign our products to fit all the various size and shapes of bodies. Therefore we've been forced to produce a figure of our own to suit the needs of BattleGear Toys. The molds have been made, the testing has been completed so production will begin in a couple of weeks. There are many new projects in various stages of completion so stay tuned for updates.

If you wish to be removed from the notifications list just send me an e-mail and I'll remove your name.

Cheers,
Auggie & Quan

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the confirmation and copy/pasting of the info, DFC!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum