OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

7" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

17" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures Empty 7" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:54 pm

scalawag

scalawag
I am a massive Star Wars fan as some of you will know, but I also love the 2 Blade runner films.

So when I saw these figures of characters from the more recent Blade Runner 2049 film a short while ago I had to get a set.

7" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures IMF6Vu7

They are from left to right:
Officer K (Ryan Gosling), Rick Deckard (Harrison Ford), Luv (Sylvia Hoeks) and Niander Wallace (Jared Leto).

These seem very nicely done over all and have good articulation.  Extras are very limited with the Luv figure having the most as she comes with a blaster pistol and a couple of knives.  They come in packaging that can be kept for later use which I prefer, rather than bubble packs that need cutting off and can't be re-packed.
The sculpt and paint application seem OK to me.  The likenesses are not terrible and you can see the actors in there somewhere.
As far as I can tell this is the extent of the release, it would have been nice to have other figures from the film too, perhaps Joi,  Lt. Joshi or Sapper Morton, but I guess the franchise doesn't get the love in this area in the same way bigger films do.
I find the scale a little bit of an odd choice too considering the proliferation of other figures in 6" sizes, but maybe thats just me.  I know a lot of figures from other franchises are this size too, and its no big deal really as these seem to be the only figures released for this movie so far.

If you like the films and see these around (they can often be had at discount prices now I think) then they are worth a look.

Paul

27" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures Empty Re: 7" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:54 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I haven’t seen this movie, yet, so I’m not familiar with any of the characters — aside from Deckard. I can see Gosling and Ford likenesses — not bad. Was Sean Young in this movie?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

7" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures C8485110

37" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures Empty Re: 7" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:29 pm

scalawag

scalawag
Stryker2011 wrote:I haven’t seen this movie, yet, so I’m not familiar with any of the characters — aside from Deckard. I can see Gosling and Ford likenesses — not bad. Was Sean Young in this movie?

Thanks Stryker2011. These are not the best likenesses I have seen but at least they are recognisable lol.

Sean Young is technically in the new movie I guess, but it's a 'remade' replicant version of Rachel done with CGI I believe.

If you haven't seen it yet and you like the first film its definitely worth a look. It keeps the aesthetic of the original film, but expands and builds on it in a very sensitive and intelligent way.

Paul

47" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures Empty Re: 7" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:42 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for sharing these. I liked the movie well enough, and these do seem pretty nicely done, especially considering the scale.

57" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures Empty Re: 7" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:15 pm

scalawag

scalawag
I would have to agree GubernatorFan. The details on the costumes and weapons is very well done for this scale, and the general paint application and Finnish is very good too.
I love the film, and think it is probably one of the best films I have seen in the past few years. I think Denis Villeneuve was an inspired choice of director for it.

Paul

67" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures Empty Re: 7" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:08 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

They are great figures. Trevor Grove sculpted Deckard, check out this amazing repaint:

7" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures PSVEFGR

If your figure looks like a hunched old man, you heat his chest, pull gently on the neck and then rapidly cool everything under a cold tap. This really helps the look of the figure. Here's mine after doing it:

7" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures FhdvSvk

Much better.

CHEERS!

77" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures Empty Re: 7" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:53 am

scalawag

scalawag
That is a very good repaint, and the tip for altering the chest is good too, although if you look at Ford in the film......

Paul

87" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures Empty Re: 7" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:24 pm

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Mine did look particularly grampy though, I deliberately posed him as though he needed a minute:

7" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures IDeYabj

7" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures 6Eae8WM

CHEERS!

97" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures Empty Re: 7" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:23 am

Peaches

Peaches
A new Blade Runner film? I never watch TV so i missed this one! I hope it's good! Love the figures though, very cool Very Happy

107" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures Empty Re: 7" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:43 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

It was the sequel to Blade Runner, it came out on DVD/Blu Ray a while ago. I really liked it. The sad thing is I don't think NECA will ever make figures from the original movie.

CHEERS!

117" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures Empty Re: 7" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:52 am

scalawag

scalawag
Yeah its a great film (Blade Runner 2049) and well worth a watch especially if you like your Sci Fi more on the thought provoking side.  Its directed by Denis Villeneuve so the cinematography is stunning as it is in all his work.  I think it was a 2017 release at the cinema, but is now available as a digital download, 4k BluRay, BluRay and DVD.

Sadly I think we are not likely to see NECA do figures from the original film either.  What figures there are already are pretty limited and the likenesses are well 1980's standards as you might expect.  I really do think that Blade runner is an under loved franchise in terms of merchandising and I don't see anyone really taking on producing high quality figures of the franchise Sad  As I mentioned earlier there were any number of additional characters from BR 2049 that could have been added to this line up, but they stopped at these 4, so I would think demand was very low compared to other franchises.

Paul

127" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures Empty Re: 7" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:35 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

There was a really nice 1/6 garage kit made recently, but, it was very limited and very expensive. I have a really nice kit of Roy Batty that was made in the 90's though. The likeness to Rutger is spot on.

CHEERS!

137" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures Empty Re: 7" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:43 pm

scalawag

scalawag
Its good to know they are out there Rogerbee.  I am always on the look out for nice BR figures, but most of what I see is not so great.

Ive seen the Redman Toys 1/6 Deckard and Roy Batty figures, which at first glance aren't bad.  But the sculpts aren't great really and man when you start to look at the details of the costumes some bits are way out.  

I see too on eBay that Supermads Toys have a 2049 Deckard figure on preorder and BlackBox toys have an officer K figure also on preorder.  These look ok but its that whole small firm will they get produced or won't they thing. They were slated for release Q3-Q4 2018 but both are still on preorder from what I can tell.

Ah well I live in hope.

Paul

147" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures Empty Re: 7" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:29 pm

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Redman are known for copying. Brother Productions did ones that weren't bad. Nobody has yet done an officially licensed set of figures though.

CHEERS!

157" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures Empty Re: 7" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:36 pm

scalawag

scalawag
No, there are all sorts of hurdles to get over for licensing as the ownership rights to the original are very complex and tortured.  I believe that is why it took so long before we got a sequel.

I gather there are several people involved in rights ownership and getting them to agree to anything is almost impossible.

Getting a merchandising licence for there original film would be almost impossible I would think so all we get are bootlegs and fan made items which mostly match the film but never quite 100%. Its a shame as I suspect a well done licensed product would be likely to sell ok.

Paul

167" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures Empty Re: 7" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:43 pm

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

It's a bit of an odd one as Fujimi have rights to produce 1/24 models of the spinners, and yet there are no figures. Go figure!

CHEERS!

177" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures Empty Re: 7" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:20 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
By the way, Paul. I like your new Avatar. Is that a guy in costume (you perhaps?), or is that one of your figures?

187" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures Empty Re: 7" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:17 pm

scalawag

scalawag
Hi stryker2011,

Yep thats me in a costume in my avatar. Glad you like it, I put it together towards the end of last year.

Paul

197" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures Empty Re: 7" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:48 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
scalawag wrote:Hi stryker2011,

Yep thats me in a costume in my avatar.  Glad you like it, I put it together towards the end of last year.

Paul

That’s awesome! Looks like an actual movie costume.

207" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures Empty Re: 7" NECA Blade Runner 2049 figures Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:24 am

scalawag

scalawag
Thanks Stryker2011, A lot of work and research went into getting that one to look right.

Paul

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum