OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: QMX: Star Trek: TOS Sulu 1:6 Scale Articulated Figure

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Mr. Sulu, Lock Phasers on Target
Shipping 2nd Qtr. 2019.

Helmsman and future captain, Lieutenant Hikaru Sulu, joins the QMx Master Series articulated figure line for Star Trek: The Original Series (TOS).

Sulu was fourth in command and manned the helm, steering the starship Enterprise on her five-year mission. This 1:6-scale figure re-creates this iconic character in exquisite detail. Standing approximately 12 inches tall, every element, from his 23rd century tunic to his custom black boots, is authentically reproduced. The original portrait sculpt of George Takei as Sulu has an authentic, hand-painted likeness.

The QMx Sulu 1:6 Scale Articulated Figure includes:

Fully Articulated Body: More than 30 points of articulation allows the figure to be displayed in multiple dynamic poses, approximately 30 cm tall.

Realistic Portrait: Faithfully rendered by a top artist, this is a realistic portrait of Sulu with a detailed likeness. Each head sculpt is specially hand-painted.

Starfleet Duty Uniform Tunic: Meticulously researched, this duty uniform tunic matches the pattern, fabric and color of the original costume down to the last stitch. The sleeves are trimmed with accurate and detailed braid insignia.

Starfleet Standard-Issue Black T-Shirt: This regulation black tee is worn under the tunic.

Starfleet Duty Uniform Pants: This faithful replica of the pants worn by the Enterprise crew in Star Trek™️: TOS features the characteristic bell-shaped leg. Magnets sewn into the pants allow the magnetic phaser and communicator to be worn as they were in the show.

Boots: Using leather-like material cut in the original style of the footwear worn in Star Trek™️: TOS, these boots zip up on the inside.

Starfleet Delta Insignia Display Base: A custom display base featuring the familiar Star Trek delta symbol will hold up the figure and allow more extreme poses.

For details on the equipment and multiple hands that come with this Sulu figure, please click on the Accessories tab.

This fine collectible figure is a perfect rendition of everyone’s favorite "miracle worker" and a great addition to your Star Trek™️ 1:6-scale figure collection.

Prototype shown - actual product may vary.

Equipment
Sulu has everything a good Starfleet officer needs for an away mission:

Phasers Type I & Type II: The pistol-grip type II phaser is the weapon of choice for any landing party expecting hostile aliens. The smaller Type I phaser can be removed and used separately. Both have magnets allowing them to be worn directly on the pants as they were in the 3rd season.

Communicator: This accurately styled communicator features a real metal flip-up antenna. Includes a magnet so it can attach to the pants.

Tricorder: This replica rotates open at the top and has an opening front door. Sulu can wear the tricorder over his shoulder with the leather-like strap.

Hands

Each figure comes with multiple hands for various Trek-like activities:

Relaxed hands.
Fists.
Right Phaser Hand: Perfectly holds the pistol grip Phaser II.
Right Phaser Hand: for holding the small Phaser I.
Left Accessory Hand: Holds the communicator or tricorder.

qmx - NEW PRODUCT: QMX: Star Trek: TOS Sulu 1:6 Scale Articulated Figure St_ms_10
qmx - NEW PRODUCT: QMX: Star Trek: TOS Sulu 1:6 Scale Articulated Figure St_ms_12
qmx - NEW PRODUCT: QMX: Star Trek: TOS Sulu 1:6 Scale Articulated Figure St_ms_11
qmx - NEW PRODUCT: QMX: Star Trek: TOS Sulu 1:6 Scale Articulated Figure St_ms_15
qmx - NEW PRODUCT: QMX: Star Trek: TOS Sulu 1:6 Scale Articulated Figure St_ms_14
qmx - NEW PRODUCT: QMX: Star Trek: TOS Sulu 1:6 Scale Articulated Figure St_ms_13
qmx - NEW PRODUCT: QMX: Star Trek: TOS Sulu 1:6 Scale Articulated Figure St_ms_16

#newproduct #QMX #Sulu #StarTrek #male #Sci-Fi #TVshow

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
As usual, these youthful portraits are somewhat lost on me, because I am so much more used to the more aged look of these actors and characters. I do think they did a great job, as they usually do in this license. I'm still hoping for a Chris Pine Kirk and Karl Urban McCoy.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, gorgeous! I'm not even that into Star Trek, but I really like this one.  Smile

I'm sure you've already seen it, but I recall Darren Carnell did a custom Chris Pine Captain Kirk a while back...

And yesss, the more Karl Urban sculpts, the better... Wink

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’ve seen Nanjin’s Pine/Kirk and Yelchin/Chekov in the Away Uniforms from the last movie. He also plans to do figures from the best of the original crew movies: The Wrath of Khan (I’ve seen early prototypes of Kirk, Spock, and Khan himself). How many characters, and who of, remains to be seen when/if the time comes to announce. His goal (perhaps not QMX’s) is to hit all of the series (some more than others). It mostly depends on support of the fans, word of mouth, to keep the franchise going. I don’t have a big interest in all of the series, but I’d get the entire Bridge crew again, and Khan, from TWOK, and I can think of at least 4 characters from Next Gen (already have Picard — so that’s one down) and Voyager that I’d like, maybe a couple from DS9 and one or two from Enterprise (but I didn’t really get into that show). About the only one I’d want from that new one is Michelle Yeoh. But the entire Bridge crew from the Pine universe would be cool.

Nanjin has spent the last ten years trying to get this ball rolling, and the last three years developing a way with the factories to get on the higher end of the priority list, and his goal is to produce figures at just as high a quality rate, but at a faster rate — more or less making figures based off the number of pre-orders, and not just pumping out 2000 + of every character, and keeping costs relatively low so more customers can get their hands on them. Nanjin’s passion for the hobby, Star Trek specifically, and his desire to see fans happy, is unlike anything I’ve seen or heard from before — mainly because he is, more than anything, a fan and collector.

Fan demand pushes his plan, as does his more hands on approach in the QC, look, and design of each element of these figures. He works closely, and has good connections, with the factory workers themselves (not just the management), so that the working conditions are better — they have even established rides to and from work, daycare, etc., so that they are excited to work on these.

And I’m more than excited to FINALLY be able to have the original series Trek figures in my collection. I’m probably a bigger Trek fan than I am a Wars fan, and I still have the old Mego Trek figures from the early 70s — including the Bridge playset with Transporter, but let’s be honest — those are crap by today’s standards. What I wouldn’t give to have a diorama of as much of the TOS Bridge with the consoles, etc. (I’d be in Heaven.)

Whew! That was exhausting— this old man needs to take a nap now. Wink

He who dies with the most toys wins!

qmx - NEW PRODUCT: QMX: Star Trek: TOS Sulu 1:6 Scale Articulated Figure C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, that sounds exciting! And it's always good to know that at least some people in the business really do care about both employees and customers alike!

In all fairness, I don't personally see Star Trek and Star Wars as comparable at all. Not in a bad way, just in the 'apples and oranges' sense. : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Cobratrooper11

Cobratrooper11
qmx doing what they do best...this is why they are so great! wish i had gotten in on kirk and spock. incidentally i hope they do janeway, that will be an immediate grab for me.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cobratrooper11 wrote:qmx doing what they do best...this is why they are so great! wish i had gotten in on kirk and spock. incidentally i hope they do janeway, that will be an immediate grab for me.

They’re going to do reissues of Kirk and Spock — and from what Nanjin said, Kirk is going to come with the green wrap-around Uniform Shirt, and Spock will have a “Fascinating” eye-brow lifted sculpt. Janeway will be made (I’m pretty sure he said all the Captains will), as will Seven — the prototype for her looks amazing. So if you’re missing characters, I wouldn’t hesitate to get them — this Trek line is a bit like a Kickstarter project (fan support is what’s keeping it going, and Nanjin’s efforts — though he understands not everyone is going to want every character from every series, he’s apparently devised a plan to make shorter or longer runs based on POs — as opposed to just pumping out the same number of figures for every character and ending up with shelf warmers. While I’m not a fan of every Trek show, Voyager was one of the series my wife and I did like. There are a few characters from most of the different shows that I would like to add to the collection.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

qmx - NEW PRODUCT: QMX: Star Trek: TOS Sulu 1:6 Scale Articulated Figure C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum