OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBL - T01B Fairy

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1TBL - T01B Fairy Empty TBL - T01B Fairy Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:59 pm

Delanie

Delanie
Hi folks,

Apologies for the photo's but as you will see WE (i had to put that in as I had help!) finished my fairy's tunic today  shes still missing shoes, cloak headdress and most difficult a hand held crossbow to fire her faery darts from.

TBL - T01B Fairy WJnjDnb

First a comparison shot (when 'Jewels' found her)

TBL - T01B Fairy 2qobhU0

Okay she needs clothes (I had help with getting her measurements)

TBL - T01B Fairy X4hZzDM

Jewels helps with sewing

TBL - T01B Fairy Oe8MkxB

Finished

TBL - T01B Fairy AMe1yBo

TBL - T01B Fairy Hye2ZMA

TBL - T01B Fairy RP6F5I9

2TBL - T01B Fairy Empty Re: TBL - T01B Fairy Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:02 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice dress. She looks great. It must have been fun working that small.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

TBL - T01B Fairy C8485110

3TBL - T01B Fairy Empty Re: TBL - T01B Fairy Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:45 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
She's so cute!! I'm glad she has clothes now -- and wings! Very Happy

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

4TBL - T01B Fairy Empty Re: TBL - T01B Fairy Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:19 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, she looks great, and especially for the scale, the clothes and wings are very beautifully done. I also like your backgrounds/diorama and sixth-scale figure, which was so helpful. Smile

5TBL - T01B Fairy Empty Re: TBL - T01B Fairy Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:38 pm

Adeno

Very cute indeed!

6TBL - T01B Fairy Empty Re: TBL - T01B Fairy Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:49 am

scalawag

scalawag
Nice work, the detailing is great, and it can't be easy to work with cloth on this scale.

Paul

7TBL - T01B Fairy Empty Re: TBL - T01B Fairy Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:44 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Great photos!

CHEERS!

8TBL - T01B Fairy Empty Re: TBL - T01B Fairy Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:37 pm

Delanie

Delanie
Thanks for the compliments folks I'll post more when I sort her boots, cloak,and weapons.

my problem is the pictures show how bad my stitch work is

9TBL - T01B Fairy Empty Re: TBL - T01B Fairy Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:39 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Come on, they are not that bad at all. And macro photos can make every slight imperfection look significant. It is quite an achievement what you have managed to do in that scale (it would be an achievement even in sixth scale).

10TBL - T01B Fairy Empty Re: TBL - T01B Fairy Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:42 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Delanie, your 'bad' 1/12th stitchwork puts my 'good' 1/6th stitchwork to shame. Wink

Seriously though, this is looking really lovely so far, and I'm particularly interested to see how you do the boots. Are you making them from cloth, or faux leather, or...?

11TBL - T01B Fairy Empty Re: TBL - T01B Fairy Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:53 pm

Delanie

Delanie
I'm not sure yet I'm kind of thinking maybe cloth but soaked in pva what do you folks think given her feet are less than 1/2 inch

12TBL - T01B Fairy Empty Re: TBL - T01B Fairy Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:57 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That sounds like a creative solution, though I have no experience with soaking fabric in glue like that myself. I guess you could make the actual boot part out of the fabric stiffened with the glue, and then perhaps create the soles with small amount of faux leather...or leave them as 'soft' boots, depending on how you want it. : )

13TBL - T01B Fairy Empty Re: TBL - T01B Fairy Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:09 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yeah, boots can be tricky. If you made them out of cloth, you'd almost have to look to see how suede cowboy boots are made, and make them out of separate pieces (so there isn't an odd crease at the front of the foot at the ankle joint) Or have two halves sewn together. I've never tried the PVA soak, either, so I can't really help you there. I tried ONCE to make my own boots several years ago, and it didn't turn out all that great -- and that was in 1/6 scale. I'm not trying to discourage you, I'm sure you'll think of something. Maybe even small moccasins or strappy sandles?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

TBL - T01B Fairy C8485110

14TBL - T01B Fairy Empty Re: TBL - T01B Fairy Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:46 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Making your own footwear in sixth sale, never mind twelfth scale is very difficult (unless Ephiane has another trick up her sleeves). One thing you could do is a wrapwork with thin flattened suede leather cord of the kind sold in hobby shops. Depending on how permanent you want to make it, use glue or tape to keep it together (tape eventually comes unglued). Something like the photos below. If you wanted the boot or shoe to have a sole, something that works reasonably well is a cut out from those pleather covers that some day planners have.

TBL - T01B Fairy Agatho10
TBL - T01B Fairy Agatho10

15TBL - T01B Fairy Empty Re: TBL - T01B Fairy Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:03 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That's a really neat idea, GF!

16TBL - T01B Fairy Empty Re: TBL - T01B Fairy Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:15 pm

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Yeah, it does look good!

CHEERS!

17TBL - T01B Fairy Empty Re: TBL - T01B Fairy Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:40 pm

Delanie

Delanie
Here is the pattern I designed for the base tunic (1/12) I'm hoping I can scale it to 1/6

TBL - T01B Fairy 3ZLGVGl

the squares are 5mm the material should be folded in quarters with the main fold at the shoulders

18TBL - T01B Fairy Empty Re: TBL - T01B Fairy Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:50 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for sharing the pattern. This sort of thing is always helpful, even if I am too distracted right now to wrap (or fold) my mind around it. Smile

19TBL - T01B Fairy Empty Re: TBL - T01B Fairy Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:57 pm

Delanie

Delanie
lol first fold is the top then fold right to left then match the 2 folds to the 2 folds marked on the pattern.

4 3

1 to 2 then 3 to 4

20TBL - T01B Fairy Empty Re: TBL - T01B Fairy Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:26 pm

Peaches

Peaches
Man, that looks fantastic! I really love the handwork look! It's perfect for a fairy Very Happy the necklace is perfect too!

How about using felt to craft booties?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum