OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kit and Garage Workshop - From the World of the Radio Kings

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

scalawag

ThePhotogsBlog wrote:

It looks to me like Sergeant Troy and the Rat Patrol should be showing up at any moment to spoil the DAK's day.  Where's Hauptmann Dietrich, incidentally?   Very Happy

I have heard of Rat Patrol, but I've never seen it. I am not sure if it ever aired here in the UK. I'm pleased you think these look like viable opponents for Sergeant Troy and the boys though Wink

Paul

ThePhotogsBlog

scalawag wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:

It looks to me like Sergeant Troy and the Rat Patrol should be showing up at any moment to spoil the DAK's day.  Where's Hauptmann Dietrich, incidentally?   Very Happy

I have heard of Rat Patrol, but I've never seen it.  I am not sure if it ever aired here in the UK.  I'm pleased you think these look like viable opponents for Sergeant Troy and the boys though Wink

Paul

Rat Patrol was a 1960's TV series in which 4 men, (3 Americans and a Briton) run around in Jeeps in the Western Desert and embarrass Afrika Korps troops, usually lead by by a Captain Dietrich (Hans Gudegast, aka Eric Braeden). Very popular in the US, it was not very popular in the UK because the premise was ripped off from the British SAS and LRDG's who did this for real in WWII, It was also not very popular in Australia, because the main star, Christopher George, playing American Sgt Troy insisted on wearing an Aussie style bush hat because of the role Australian troops had played in the defense of Crete during the war. (George was Greek-American)

All the episodes can be found on YouTube, incidentally. I loved the show when I was a kid in 1968, but when I look at the episodes on YouTube today, I find them incredibly hokey and silly. Still, the series affected my thinking in some ways as the post apocalyptic figures I am building now are are in part inspired by the iconography of the series, as well as a couple of other sources.

The lone Briton in the series, Sgt Moffit was played by Gary Raymond. Typical of American productions, it was wildly inaccurate in depictions of the British Army. Moffit is introduced as a member of the Scots Greys, yet he wears the black beret and collar badge of the Royal Tank Regiment (as his beret badge) and so I suppose another reason the series was not popular in the UK.

scalawag

Thanks for the info ThePhotogsBlog, I will have to look it up.

Paul

Peaches

Just read @Ephiane 's post above (missed or memory loss again, LOL) regarding using digital screen for backgrounds. That's brilliant, I take it LCD screens won't have syncing issues or something??? Making stripes , etc?? This is brilliant and I'll be trying it out ASAP

blackpool

blackpool
Peaches wrote:Just read @Ephiane 's post above (missed or memory loss again, LOL)  regarding using digital screen for backgrounds.  That's brilliant, I take it LCD screens won't have syncing issues or something??? Making stripes , etc??  This is brilliant and I'll be trying it out ASAP

It is indeed a very useful trick, it works even better on smaller figures but it's fine for our 1/6th scale as well... It can be a bit complicated to add light sources without getting any reflections on the screen but the result can be awesome since the screen brings a colored light on the figure that helps a lot merging it with the background.

I don't want to hack the thread so I'll just share one example here, but a lot of my shots are done like that (here DD is in front of a paused sunset from the spiderman movie lmao)

Kit and Garage Workshop -  From the World of the Radio Kings - Page 3 Daredevil_02

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I love that, Blackpool! Seemingly simple, but extremely effective.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very cool technique, BP. I like how appropriately out of focus the background is, as well.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Kit and Garage Workshop -  From the World of the Radio Kings - Page 3 C8485110

Peaches

Peaches
Wow, that looks awesome! I can see using this technique also as Ephiane said, like beyond an open door in a spaceship diorama Very Happy. But the simple beauty you got with the light hitting his face is perfect !

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Thank you Scalawag! And your display set up is awesome as well. I'm always impressed when printed backgrounds look that good in photos, and yours have a particular vibrancy.

And Blackpool, I so love that Daredevil shot! Your lighting is always so evocative, and never fails to awe me.

Allotropos

Allotropos
i wish I was living there in the garage with them !
The Radio Kings rule !
This little world you've built up is nothing short of interesting and to be able to coompliment that with amazing custom figures, what could be better ?!
bounce bounce bounce
We want more !!

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Allotropos wrote:i wish I was living there in the garage with them !
The Radio Kings rule !
This little world you've built up is nothing short of interesting and to be able to coompliment that with amazing custom figures, what could be better ?!
bounce bounce bounce
We want more !!

Thank you!!!!

And I think you're totally on to something. Both the garage and the loft are kinda my ideal living spaces (before or after the apocalypse). And so glad you dig it! I'm pretty ridiculously proud having finished this.

And ask and you shall receive. I have so much fun new stuff I'm dying to share. I just need to stop making and start shooting sometime soon...

BAMComix

BAMComix
Thanks for the link to here GregT! That was an impressive thread! The skill involved here to create something that stunning is something else!
As the others have said, the attention to detail if the garage is amazing, all those tools! hey, great bike too! I also love Kit! she is a great character! and a little bit naughty too by the looks of some of the pics!
Her friends? look amazing too. I am guessing that these guys inhabit a Max Max/ fallout type world, where everything has gone to hell? It's a great concept, but something I could never pursue as I don't have the skill involved to create such believable sets as you can clearly do so well. I am gonna check out the other two links above now.
Top work my friend! bounce bounce

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum