OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OSF Member Introductions . . .

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

151 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Fri May 04, 2018 7:08 pm

Welcome aboard jazzymods!

OSF members look forward to your contributions.

Smile

--

I apologize if I have not been too active lately. The new job is preoccupying my time and I'm very tired mentally and physically.

I'm off to bed. It's Friday night. Tha's how tired I am.

View user profile

152 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Mon May 07, 2018 8:34 pm

Hello all! Some of you will remember me from OSW - I got a couple of invites to this place a while back but, professional crastinater that I am, I've only just got round to joining! XD

Anyway, my name's Christine, I'm from Glasgow and I mainly collect a mixture of custom Barbies and similar dolls, as well as my gaggle of Skyrim/D&D inspired fantasy characters and a smattering of sci-fi folk. I love doing stopmotions and taking photos of my collection in dioramas and the outside world, as well as kitbashing everything to death as I'm too cheap to buy anything ready made! Razz

I can also be found under the same username on Instagram, where I post most of my doll photos, as well as general scenic photography and other modelly stuff like tutorials and things. My blog (in my sig) has most of that too, but I don't post on there as regularly as I'd like, though there's still heaps on there.

153 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Mon May 07, 2018 8:37 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Welcome aboard, Christine. I'm glad to see you finally made it. Looking forward to seeing more of your photo stories.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

View user profile

154 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Mon May 07, 2018 8:47 pm

Welcome aboard Christine AKA Lynkhart!

155 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Mon May 07, 2018 9:04 pm

Lynkhart wrote:Hello all! Some of you will remember me from OSW - I got a couple of invites to this place a while back but, professional crastinater that I am, I've only just got round to joining! XD

Anyway, my name's Christine, I'm from Glasgow and I mainly collect a mixture of custom Barbies and similar dolls, as well as my gaggle of Skyrim/D&D inspired fantasy characters and a smattering of sci-fi folk. I love doing stopmotions and taking photos of my collection in dioramas and the outside world, as well as kitbashing everything to death as I'm too cheap to buy anything ready made! Razz

I can also be found under the same username on Instagram, where I post most of my doll photos, as well as general scenic photography and other modelly stuff like tutorials and things. My blog (in my sig) has most of that too, but I don't post on there as regularly as I'd like, though there's still heaps on there.

--

Christine!

You made it!

Glad to see you here!

Hopefully, Max & Juno (and Baxter too) will make an appearance here soon.

Smile

View user profile

156 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Tue May 08, 2018 11:27 am

Welcome in.

Drinks are on me.

View user profile

157 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Tue May 08, 2018 5:38 pm

Lynkhart, glad to see you made it over here! Welcome on.

View user profile http://reverendspooky.com

158 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Wed May 09, 2018 11:41 am

Hey all. Finally got my butt signed up, though time for 1/6 stuff has been lacking of late. But still up to my usual tricks.

New Take on Casual Fridays by Ed's Toy Box, on Flickr

Nice to see lots of familiar names, too!

View user profile

159 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Wed May 09, 2018 11:52 am

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Welcome aboard, edwick. Glad you could make it.

View user profile

160 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Wed May 09, 2018 3:09 pm

Indeed welcome aboard edwick!

161 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Wed May 09, 2018 5:11 pm

Edwick! Welcome on man! Glad to see you made it over here. And quite fond of your take on casual Friday.

162 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Wed May 09, 2018 11:41 pm

Glad you could make it Edwick. Smile

View user profile https://www.flickr.com/photos/110202058@N06/albums

163 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Thu May 10, 2018 11:20 am

Welcome, Edwick.

Come on over to the bar. I'm buying.

View user profile

164 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Sat May 12, 2018 3:34 pm

Found OSF this week and glad to be here.  There can never be enough 1/6 forums as far as I am concerned.

Here is a my brief collecting history:

I was told I had to wait until I was 5 year old until I could get my first GI Joe even though I was extremely excited for it while viewing Saturday morning commercials.  
That was back in 1966.  Yes I am that old Smile

One night when I was home sick, my parents brought me home a Captain Action with both the Batman and Superman costume sets.

By 10 my father told me I had to give up my Joes but my interest started turning towards girls back then so I was ok.

After getting married, I found an old GI Joe space capsule in my basement.  I gave it to my nephew but it revived my collecting spirit and I amassed a collection of Joes that my younger self would have be quite jealous of.

When Hot Toys released their first Wolverine figure, I purchased it and was fully hooked in the hobby.  I have a nice collection of Superhero  and pop culture figures as well as custom kit-bashes that I have put together with the help of others like Tony Mei.  I am partial to DC figures but have delved into Marvel as well.  Green Lantern (Hal) and Batman are favorites of mine.  I am also enjoying the Star Trek figures from QMX and hope the line continues.

It can be an expensive hobby but I am enjoying it. I also enjoy forums like this to see what this great community is sharing.

View user profile

165 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Sat May 12, 2018 4:22 pm

Welcome aboard Alanjg1, I'm also very partial to DC Comics figures Wonder Woman my top favorite superhero.

166 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Sat May 12, 2018 5:26 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Again, I say welcome aboard. Your not alone in the age bracket arena. I’m pretty sure there are a few of us in their 50s and up.

View user profile

167 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Sat May 12, 2018 6:03 pm

Thanks Guys!

BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Welcome aboard Alanjg1, I'm also very partial to DC Comics figures Wonder Woman my top favorite superhero.
I can understand that.  I have a soft spot for Wonder Woman as well.  Loved Lynda Carter back in the day (actually still do Smile) and Gal Gadot's superpower is her smile.

Stryker2011 wrote:Again, I say welcome aboard. Your not alone in the age bracket arena. I’m pretty sure there are a few of us in their 50s and up.

Glad to hear I am in good company.

View user profile

168 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Tue May 15, 2018 12:39 pm

Welcome on Alanjg1! Glad you found our group, and decided to join up. You couldn't ask for a better community.

169 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Tue May 15, 2018 2:27 pm

Welcome in, Alanjg1. The bar's open and the first round's on me.

Pull up a chair and get comfortable.

View user profile

170 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Thu May 17, 2018 6:29 pm

Ok, I guess I should take a moment and introduce myself... cat

Hi everyone!
I'm Erica also known as Corsetkitten or CK.
I've been tooling around in 1/6 for a while--falling in and out of different niches. I remember some of you from MWD and OSW and other forums before I pretty much went solitary and quiet.

My friend Kukolka gave me the link to this forum and I'm glad she did. It seems really upbeat, and friendly and I hope that when I post some photos and stuff it'll be ok.

My current focus is...scattered. I have some Takara CGs, Fashion Royalty, Volks...and am currently trying to find some 1/6 female bodies that I like after being out of it for the last couple years.

Anyhow, Hi and all that Wink
E

View user profile

171 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Thu May 17, 2018 6:39 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Welcome aboard, CK. I hope you enjoy it here, and feel free to post your work. We are, I feel, a very open group of folks who have a wide variety of interests, so whatever you have that’s 1/6 we’d be interested in seeing. We’re also a very helpful group, so any pointers or questions you may have about current bodies, don’t hesitate to ask.

View user profile

172 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Thu May 17, 2018 6:53 pm

Indeed Welcome aboard CK.

173 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Thu May 17, 2018 6:55 pm

corsetkitten . . . an old, but familiar and fondly remembered name.

Welcome aboard!

View user profile

174 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Fri May 18, 2018 9:00 am

Welcome in, CK.

We're a pretty loose group here, so make yourself comfortable and stay a while.

Please show us some of your work...we love pictures.

View user profile

175 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Sun May 20, 2018 12:02 pm

Stryker2011 wrote:Welcome aboard, CK. I hope you enjoy it here, and feel free to post your work. We are, I feel, a very open group of folks who have a wide variety of interests, so whatever you have that’s 1/6 we’d be interested in seeing. We’re also a very helpful group, so any pointers or questions you may have about current bodies, don’t hesitate to ask.

Thanks! I will definitely be picking brains about the bodies and figures. Smile

BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Indeed Welcome aboard CK.
Thank you!  Very Happy

DeltaForceChung wrote:corsetkitten . . . an old, but familiar and fondly remembered name.

Welcome aboard!
Aww, thanks DFC! It's really great to see some familiar folk here  cheers

dadrab wrote:Welcome in, CK.

We're a pretty loose group here, so make yourself comfortable and stay a while.

Please show us some of your work...we love pictures.
I will, thanks! I haven't been doing much in the way of customs over the last few years so any pics I share at the moment will be older (until I start doing customs again...which may be sooner than I expected since I find a lot of the post on here are very inspiring and making me want to get back into the swing of it. sunny

View user profile

176 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Fri May 25, 2018 5:42 am

Welcome , welcome !
Feel being hugged All !

View user profile

177 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Fri May 25, 2018 7:14 am

Welcome Lynkhart Alang and CK! Can't wait to see your collections here! Smile

View user profile

178 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:04 am

Hello, I'm Jocelyn. I'm new to the hobby and have been collecting for about two years. My interests in 1/6 are very narrow, mostly because of what I can afford! The only line I can say I actively follow is Threezero's GoT. Unfortunately. My collection consists of a whopping four figures - Jon Snow first, then Tyrion, Daenerys, and HT Finn as a birthday present from my fiance.

I started taking advantage of the poor facepaints on my GoT cast by learning how to do repaints. I've done Jon Snow and am now painting Dany. They're not too great, but I like them.

I love reading discussions about this hobby, but I am quieter/do get intimidated by certain atmospheres that seem prevalent in 1/6 communities. Sometimes I get very excited with the facepaint I'm working on but don't have anywhere to show it off. So it's become a bit of a lonely adventure. I found this forum and see members discussiong how welcoming and civil it is, and I would like to give it a try. I saw it mentioned that there are a good number of women here, which is honestly why I registered. And now I don't know how to end this, so I'll just say thank you for having me here Smile

View user profile

179 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:39 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Hi Jocelyn. You are very welcome here, and we hope you will find this a friendly, interesting, and enjoyable place to be and interact. I think we're a friendly and helpful bunch. If ever you find a joke off-color or a sentiment too intense, it was probably not meant to be so; that said, members have been civil and supportive almost without fail, and I hope this continues.

180 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:57 am

Welcome aboard Jocelyn.

181 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:18 am

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Welcome, welcome! We’re glad to have you here, Jocelyn, and feel free to share your repaints with us, or anything else for that matter. There are all levels of experience here, and quite a few who can offer tips and suggestions. My eyesight isn’t what it used to be, so I don’t attempt face repaints anymore — though I used to do 1/8 scale resin models at one time. Enjoy!

View user profile

182 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:52 pm

Hello everyone, Theboo-bomb here, I found this place a few weeks ago and decided to make an account and hopefully start posting some of my work. Originally I posted some figures back on OSW however due to circumstances out of my control and not being able to log back in I disappeared but now I'm back and I have a few historical and star wars figures to show you wonderful folk!

View user profile

183 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:58 pm

Hello everyone Very Happy

Asta told me about this new forum and its positive vibes, so decided to come take a look.

Another forum I belong to is like a dumpster fire at the moment, so glad to get away.

Looking forward to being in a nice atmosphere with constructive criticism/reviews/chat.

View user profile

184 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:59 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Glad you have joined, Theboo-bomb and Morpheus. We look forward to your contributions. And nice avatars, too.

185 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:20 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Welcome aboard, Theboo-bomb and Morpheus. Glad you could find your way here.

View user profile

186 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:06 pm

@ Jocelyn, Theboo-bomb and Morpheus...

We're mighty glad to have you folks here.

Pull up a seat and make yourselves comfortable.

View user profile

187 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:13 pm

Welcome on Jomaccudo, Theboo-bomb and Morpheus! You're in good company here.

188 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:24 am

Indeed Welcome aboard Theboo-bomb and Morpheus!

189 Woz (AKA Likestatue) here on Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:53 pm

Hello everyone, I'm also part of the FB group and OSW. I'm a digital artist that now will start new venture into the 1/6 figures. I've ordered two bodies (S19B and S23B) and then I'll try some combinations. All the best!

View user profile

190 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:07 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Hello and welcome. Looking forward to seeing what you do. Good luck in the hobby, and prepare to spend a lot of money.

View user profile

191 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:10 pm

Thought I would stick my nose in , to see what's happening here.
I'm still working away at my historical figures, although I've not had as much time to work on them this year as I would like... other demands on my time. But I have lots of new stuff to post when I can get around to it.
The hobby has of course changed a lot from years ago when I started, but there's perhaps a wider choice of genres now, which is all good. For anyone new interested in historicals, it's perhaps a rather thin time , but there's always the possibility in making it yourself, which is always what amused me from the beginning.
But all good luck to the new Forum, and let's keep it active and friendly.

View user profile

192 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:28 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Tony, a big welcome. Your tutorials over at the old site were one of the things that got me in to bashing my own figures. Very inspirational. Glad to have you here, and looking forward to your new work.

And feel free to share past work. We have some new members here who may not be aware of your particular work and skills.

View user profile

193 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:09 pm

Welcome aboard everyone!

194 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:23 am

Hey everyone!

I'm Guids, a nickname I picked up in my time in the army because most people didn't have the time/effort to learn how to pronounce my last name. After 10ish years it stuck!

I grew up on 1:6 figures in the 90's and still have my full collection. I got a few of the GI Joe line like grunt and snake eyes, then took a shinning to the more military accurate stuff. I bought the USMC sniper and the US tank commander, which lead to a massive amount of 21st century purchases, and the rest is history (eventually going on to be an Academy grad and tank commander myself).

I left the army about 3.5 years ago and joined corporate America, moving back to Houston to be near family. After hurricane Harvey hit, my parents 1st floor flooded and they needed to clean out me and my brothers' old rooms, landing my collection back in my possession after many years. Going through my old figures has reignited the itch and nostalgia, and has me wanting to dip a toe into doing a few kitbashes etc, and after perusing the custom work on OSW and here that desire is only intensifying!

Anyway that's me, look forward to seeing all of your work and hopefully getting to pick your brains for tips/tricks and what the best latest products are.

o7
Guids

View user profile

195 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:46 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Welcome aboard, GGuids. Please do share your work, collections, whatever you wish.

View user profile

196 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:23 pm

Jaime aka montañes, montanes or montanes68.

From Spain, 1/6 collector during several years, once my collection was sold now doing 1/6 figures only on demand.

Good to see over here very well know names in the 1/6 world.

Jaime.

My 1/6 figures in Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/montanes68/

View user profile

197 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:06 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Welcome, montanes. Glad to have you here.

View user profile

198 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:46 pm

Welcome aboard everyone, Indeed this is a Great place!

199 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:19 am

Greetings.

I'm quite new to the hobby, I started in January and own only four 6 scale figures, but at least they are highly customized. I wanted to buy a sideshow stormtrooper for some time, but hesitated and learned that there is a lot of customization going on. I got the idea in my head to build my Guild Wars 2 character Jaroyesh, using available parts bought online. But I did not find want I looked for and this hobby seems quite expensive, so I bought a figure from ebay and crafted my own armor and weapons, loosley based on existing designs. I then needed some enemies to fight and bought three Skeletons (from the bones book) and sculpted them into zombies. They are work in progress.

I looked for new ways to make joints and medieval/fantasy clothing/fur/armor/belts and stumbled upon that epic 13 dwarves Project and decided to register. Looking forward to learning and sharing!

Some pics of my...entire collection, might open a thread for more.

View user profile

200 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:36 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Ovy wrote:I'm quite new to the hobby, I started in January and own only four 6 scale figures, but at least they are highly customized. I wanted to buy a sideshow stormtrooper for some time, but hesitated and learned that there is a lot of customization going on. I got the idea in my head to build my Guild Wars 2 character Jaroyesh, using available parts bought online. But I did not find want I looked for and this hobby seems quite expensive, so I bought a figure from ebay and crafted my own armor and weapons, loosley based on existing designs. I then needed some enemies to fight and bought three Skeletons (from the bones book) and sculpted them into zombies. They are work in progress.
I looked for new ways to make joints and medieval/fantasy clothing/fur/armor/belts and stumbled upon that epic 13 dwarves Project and decided to register. Looking forward to learning and sharing!

You've got some very cool customized pieces already. Thank you for sharing, and looking forward to your future additions. As for the Sideshow Stormtroopers, while they were top dog when they first appeared, they do suffer from various design and appearance problems. A very affordable alternative is to make a hybrid from the Bandai model kits and the under-articulated Hasbro ones, like this:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum