OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OSF Member Introductions . . .

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 23 ... 37  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 37]

161OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 9 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed May 09, 2018 11:52 am

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Welcome aboard, edwick. Glad you could make it.

162OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 9 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed May 09, 2018 3:09 pm

BAD WOLF-787

Indeed welcome aboard edwick!

163OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 9 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed May 09, 2018 5:11 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Edwick! Welcome on man! Glad to see you made it over here. And quite fond of your take on casual Friday.

164OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 9 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed May 09, 2018 11:41 pm

Fox915

Fox915
Glad you could make it Edwick. Smile

165OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 9 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu May 10, 2018 11:20 am

dadrab

dadrab
Welcome, Edwick.

Come on over to the bar. I'm buying.

166OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 9 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat May 12, 2018 3:34 pm

Alanjg1

Alanjg1
Found OSF this week and glad to be here.  There can never be enough 1/6 forums as far as I am concerned.

Here is a my brief collecting history:

I was told I had to wait until I was 5 year old until I could get my first GI Joe even though I was extremely excited for it while viewing Saturday morning commercials.  
That was back in 1966.  Yes I am that old Smile

One night when I was home sick, my parents brought me home a Captain Action with both the Batman and Superman costume sets.

By 10 my father told me I had to give up my Joes but my interest started turning towards girls back then so I was ok.

After getting married, I found an old GI Joe space capsule in my basement.  I gave it to my nephew but it revived my collecting spirit and I amassed a collection of Joes that my younger self would have be quite jealous of.

When Hot Toys released their first Wolverine figure, I purchased it and was fully hooked in the hobby.  I have a nice collection of Superhero  and pop culture figures as well as custom kit-bashes that I have put together with the help of others like Tony Mei.  I am partial to DC figures but have delved into Marvel as well.  Green Lantern (Hal) and Batman are favorites of mine.  I am also enjoying the Star Trek figures from QMX and hope the line continues.

It can be an expensive hobby but I am enjoying it. I also enjoy forums like this to see what this great community is sharing.

167OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 9 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat May 12, 2018 4:22 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Welcome aboard Alanjg1, I'm also very partial to DC Comics figures Wonder Woman my top favorite superhero.

168OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 9 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat May 12, 2018 5:26 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Again, I say welcome aboard. Your not alone in the age bracket arena. I’m pretty sure there are a few of us in their 50s and up.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 9 C8485110

169OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 9 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat May 12, 2018 6:03 pm

Alanjg1

Alanjg1
Thanks Guys!

BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Welcome aboard Alanjg1, I'm also very partial to DC Comics figures Wonder Woman my top favorite superhero.
I can understand that.  I have a soft spot for Wonder Woman as well.  Loved Lynda Carter back in the day (actually still do Smile) and Gal Gadot's superpower is her smile.

Stryker2011 wrote:Again, I say welcome aboard. Your not alone in the age bracket arena. I’m pretty sure there are a few of us in their 50s and up.

Glad to hear I am in good company.

170OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 9 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue May 15, 2018 12:39 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Welcome on Alanjg1! Glad you found our group, and decided to join up. You couldn't ask for a better community.

171OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 9 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue May 15, 2018 2:27 pm

dadrab

dadrab
Welcome in, Alanjg1. The bar's open and the first round's on me.

Pull up a chair and get comfortable.

172OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 9 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu May 17, 2018 6:29 pm

ckworkshop

ckworkshop
Ok, I guess I should take a moment and introduce myself... cat

Hi everyone!
I'm Erica also known as Corsetkitten or CK.
I've been tooling around in 1/6 for a while--falling in and out of different niches. I remember some of you from MWD and OSW and other forums before I pretty much went solitary and quiet.

My friend Kukolka gave me the link to this forum and I'm glad she did. It seems really upbeat, and friendly and I hope that when I post some photos and stuff it'll be ok.

My current focus is...scattered. I have some Takara CGs, Fashion Royalty, Volks...and am currently trying to find some 1/6 female bodies that I like after being out of it for the last couple years.

Anyhow, Hi and all that Wink
E

173OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 9 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu May 17, 2018 6:39 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Welcome aboard, CK. I hope you enjoy it here, and feel free to post your work. We are, I feel, a very open group of folks who have a wide variety of interests, so whatever you have that’s 1/6 we’d be interested in seeing. We’re also a very helpful group, so any pointers or questions you may have about current bodies, don’t hesitate to ask.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 9 C8485110

174OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 9 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu May 17, 2018 6:53 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Indeed Welcome aboard CK.

175OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 9 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu May 17, 2018 6:55 pm

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
corsetkitten . . . an old, but familiar and fondly remembered name.

Welcome aboard!

176OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 9 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri May 18, 2018 9:00 am

dadrab

dadrab
Welcome in, CK.

We're a pretty loose group here, so make yourself comfortable and stay a while.

Please show us some of your work...we love pictures.

177OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 9 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sun May 20, 2018 12:02 pm

ckworkshop

ckworkshop
Stryker2011 wrote:Welcome aboard, CK. I hope you enjoy it here, and feel free to post your work. We are, I feel, a very open group of folks who have a wide variety of interests, so whatever you have that’s 1/6 we’d be interested in seeing. We’re also a very helpful group, so any pointers or questions you may have about current bodies, don’t hesitate to ask.

Thanks! I will definitely be picking brains about the bodies and figures. Smile

BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Indeed Welcome aboard CK.
Thank you!  Very Happy

DeltaForceChung wrote:corsetkitten . . . an old, but familiar and fondly remembered name.

Welcome aboard!
Aww, thanks DFC! It's really great to see some familiar folk here  cheers

dadrab wrote:Welcome in, CK.

We're a pretty loose group here, so make yourself comfortable and stay a while.

Please show us some of your work...we love pictures.
I will, thanks! I haven't been doing much in the way of customs over the last few years so any pics I share at the moment will be older (until I start doing customs again...which may be sooner than I expected since I find a lot of the post on here are very inspiring and making me want to get back into the swing of it. sunny

178OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 9 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri May 25, 2018 5:42 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Welcome , welcome !
Feel being hugged All !

OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 9 Zngyb510

179OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 9 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri May 25, 2018 7:14 am

blackpool

blackpool
Welcome Lynkhart Alang and CK! Can't wait to see your collections here! Smile

180OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 9 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:04 am

jomaccudo

jomaccudo
Hello, I'm Jocelyn. I'm new to the hobby and have been collecting for about two years. My interests in 1/6 are very narrow, mostly because of what I can afford! The only line I can say I actively follow is Threezero's GoT. Unfortunately. My collection consists of a whopping four figures - Jon Snow first, then Tyrion, Daenerys, and HT Finn as a birthday present from my fiance.

I started taking advantage of the poor facepaints on my GoT cast by learning how to do repaints. I've done Jon Snow and am now painting Dany. They're not too great, but I like them.

I love reading discussions about this hobby, but I am quieter/do get intimidated by certain atmospheres that seem prevalent in 1/6 communities. Sometimes I get very excited with the facepaint I'm working on but don't have anywhere to show it off. So it's become a bit of a lonely adventure. I found this forum and see members discussiong how welcoming and civil it is, and I would like to give it a try. I saw it mentioned that there are a good number of women here, which is honestly why I registered. And now I don't know how to end this, so I'll just say thank you for having me here Smile

181OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 9 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:39 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Hi Jocelyn. You are very welcome here, and we hope you will find this a friendly, interesting, and enjoyable place to be and interact. I think we're a friendly and helpful bunch. If ever you find a joke off-color or a sentiment too intense, it was probably not meant to be so; that said, members have been civil and supportive almost without fail, and I hope this continues.

182OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 9 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:57 am

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787

Welcome aboard Jocelyn.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 37]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 23 ... 37  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum