OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OSF Member Introductions . . .

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24 ... 37  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 37]

201OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 11 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:19 am

Ovy

Greetings.

I'm quite new to the hobby, I started in January and own only four 6 scale figures, but at least they are highly customized. I wanted to buy a sideshow stormtrooper for some time, but hesitated and learned that there is a lot of customization going on. I got the idea in my head to build my Guild Wars 2 character Jaroyesh, using available parts bought online. But I did not find want I looked for and this hobby seems quite expensive, so I bought a figure from ebay and crafted my own armor and weapons, loosley based on existing designs. I then needed some enemies to fight and bought three Skeletons (from the bones book) and sculpted them into zombies. They are work in progress.

I looked for new ways to make joints and medieval/fantasy clothing/fur/armor/belts and stumbled upon that epic 13 dwarves Project and decided to register. Looking forward to learning and sharing!

Some pics of my...entire collection, might open a thread for more.
OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 11 AfvwOaK

OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 11 Kt3a3rj

202OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 11 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:36 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Ovy wrote:I'm quite new to the hobby, I started in January and own only four 6 scale figures, but at least they are highly customized. I wanted to buy a sideshow stormtrooper for some time, but hesitated and learned that there is a lot of customization going on. I got the idea in my head to build my Guild Wars 2 character Jaroyesh, using available parts bought online. But I did not find want I looked for and this hobby seems quite expensive, so I bought a figure from ebay and crafted my own armor and weapons, loosley based on existing designs. I then needed some enemies to fight and bought three Skeletons (from the bones book) and sculpted them into zombies. They are work in progress.
I looked for new ways to make joints and medieval/fantasy clothing/fur/armor/belts and stumbled upon that epic 13 dwarves Project and decided to register. Looking forward to learning and sharing!

You've got some very cool customized pieces already. Thank you for sharing, and looking forward to your future additions. As for the Sideshow Stormtroopers, while they were top dog when they first appeared, they do suffer from various design and appearance problems. A very affordable alternative is to make a hybrid from the Bandai model kits and the under-articulated Hasbro ones, like this:
OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 11 Bhstor10

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

203OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 11 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:46 pm

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Welcome Ovy! Thank you for your kind words on my Dwarf thread, if you like custom armour which you seem too and are already very good at! You might want to check out my armoured wraiths here (they're Hobbit inspired not LOTR so each is different and there's a 20" Sauron too). Great idea using skeletons as a base for custom zombies!! They look really promising too!

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t89-marathon-lotr-th-wip-custom-builds-reaper-rider-wraith-redone-finished

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t466-my-finished-20-inch-sauron-from-the-hobbit-with-throne-palantir-weapons-light-up-sound-features

This should have links to all the others as there are nine different ones:(just updated it so it does)

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t312-my-finished-lotr-th-gondorian-numenorean-wraith-9-of-9-dol-guldur-battle-version#5667

204OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 11 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:27 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Welcome aboard, Ovy. Some cool looking figures.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 11 C8485110

205OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 11 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:38 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Thanks guys!

gubernator:
The cheap stormtroopers look quite nice, thanks! It might fell easier to use paints on one of them instead of an expensive Premium Collector Figure.

chop:
I never paid much attention to the ring wraiths, but your customs are quite insane, I had to stop myself from reading/viewing all the threads at once. I have many questions about materials and techniques , but I will come back to you when I am finished. xD

206OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 11 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:59 pm

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Ovy wrote:Thanks guys!

gubernator:
The cheap stormtroopers look quite nice, thanks! It might fell easier to use paints on one of them instead of an expensive Premium Collector Figure.

chop:
I never paid much attention to the ring wraiths, but your customs are quite insane, I had to stop myself from reading/viewing all the threads at once. I have many questions about materials and techniques , but I will come back to you when I am finished. xD

No probs Ovy, ask away when you're ready, there's a lot to go through there and that's a tiny fraction of my work Wink .

207OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 11 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:24 am

dadrab

dadrab
Welcome to the board, Ovy.

Come on in and stay for a while. Visit the bar. First round's on me.

208OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 11 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:02 pm

turkeyshot

Hi all.

First of all I'd like to extend a huge thanks to the admins for trying to keep the community together in the aftermath of the fall of OSW. Good work guys! I am happy to see so many familiar names of many of the people that I came to know and respect over at OSW pop up here as well.

As some of you already know, my primary interest in this hobby is weapons customising. Though I only have a couple of figures in my collection, I probably have a couple hundred weapons - most of which are custom and highly-modified pieces, including quite a few one-of-a-kind pieces. Unfortunately I have not had all of my collection in one place for a few years. I travel a lot for work and most of my stuff is in storage on a different continent. Life and work keep me pretty busy, but I still manage to find a little time now and again to work on my builds.

I have taken a number of commissions in the past to build a range of custom weapons for fellow hobbyists, but my current circumstances mean that I am not in a position to accept any more commissions until my circumstances change again.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's work to continue to learn from y'all.

Cheers,
Jason (aka: turkeyshot)

209OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 11 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:08 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Welcome aboard, Jason. Glad you could find your way here. Feel free to share your custom weapons here even if you showed them over at the Old Site.

210OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 11 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:56 am

dadrab

dadrab
Howdy, Jason.

So glad you could join us. I remember seeing some of your work over at OSW and it's excellent. Feel free to post up any and all creations as you please.

Make yourself at home and stay a while.

211OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 11 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:08 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Welcome , Welcome All !

OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 11 45398410

212OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 11 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:52 pm

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
'ello all! Registered some time ago but didn't post up to now.

213OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 11 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:04 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
jaztermareal wrote:'ello all! Registered some time ago but didn't post up to now.

Make yourself at home! Smile

214OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 11 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:00 pm

dadrab

dadrab
Please...

...come on it and have a seat. Glad to have you.

215OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 11 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:05 pm

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
Thanks buddies, happy to be here Smile

216OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 11 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:31 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Glad you could make it, Jaz. Welcome to the “new” madness.

217OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 11 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:34 pm

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
Stryker2011 wrote:Glad you could make it, Jaz. Welcome to the “new” madness.

I think of it more as a passion... an expensive, never ending, crazy passion

218OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 11 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:29 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Indeed, Welcome All!

219OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 11 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:30 pm

Peaches

Peaches
LOL, reading this thread, I realize I'm probably going to be with a bunch of guys again Razz  Hello!  I am a doll collector, yah, like the cat lady, I'm the doll lady Razz  I really love realistic dolls, thus my getting into these seamless Phicen/TBleague figures.  I've got 3 full 1/6 girls and I instantly fell in love with the up and coming 1/12 scale seamless girl doll.  She's too adorable!

I also got the Evan Peters Quicksilver set.  That boy is so adorable, I couldn't resist.  I'm going to need more boys in the future now Rolling Eyes  I'm really going to need more money!  So yah, hello Smile

220OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 11 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:07 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Welcome aboard, Peaches. And don't worry, there are a couple other ladies here, so you won't be ENTIRELY "alone". We welcome all types of collectors here (primarily 1/6, yes), but we're looking into getting something going for 1/12. Feel free to post your work. As you can see from exploring the site there are those that are purely collectors, those that are kit-bashers, and those that are a bit of both. We're a small community still, but I like to think we're a pretty good bunch.

221OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 11 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:24 am

Peaches

Peaches
Looking around the forum threads and I see ya got tons of talent here! Amazing stuff, and I've only scratched the surface!

222OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 11 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:47 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787

Indeed Welcome aboard Peaches!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 37]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24 ... 37  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum