OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OSF Member Introductions . . .

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20 ... 37  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 37]

41OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:19 pm

ReverendSpooky

Andrew! Welcome on man!

http://reverendspooky.com

42OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:21 pm

Andrew

thI missed you OSW guys quite a bit. Good to be back

43OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:56 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Welcome aboard, Andrew. We’re starting to fill the ranks. Pretty soon, the Dirty Dozen may turn into a platoon.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 C8485110

44OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Finally Made It Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:04 pm

onesixthwarrior

onesixthwarrior
Hi, I think I've gotten things set up, finally. Glad to be here- you can blame Gubernator since he invited me.

My involvement with the hobby started the Christmas GI Joe was first introduced. I had to wait until Christmas Day to see what he actually looked like because I had only seen photos of him in the Sears Christmas catalog. He instantly became my favorite toy, and I kept my Joes and Jeep until I left home for college. I never saw them again... and frankly never had an interest in the small action figures.

One day I was in Barnes And Noble when I noticed a display of boxes with "Master Collector" on them. I couldn't believe they brought my friend back! I bought the Marine- he looked just like the Joe I got that Christmas Day so long ago. Then Joes started showing up at other stores, and before I knew it, I was playing again! I was amazed at how much better the new ones were. I loved to buy 21st Century carded uniforms to upgrade the Joes (I had never heard the term "kitbashing" at that time). My very first on-line transaction was an order from Cotswold to buy replacement Jeep parts for one that I picked up in a thrift store.

Things are so much better than they were back then! Now we even had GI Jane- I got the paratrooper and the helicopter pilot (I upgraded her helmet with the one from the GI Joe Door Gunner), and made her the official pilot of my 21st Century OH-6. Cy Girl AJ Macleod was the very first figure I pre-ordered (from Small Blue Planet, I believe).

Female figures have added a whole new dimension to my hobby. I still buy male figures, but I really love to create female characters. For some reason I was never able to create female characters in any of the writing classes I took in college. Female action figures changed that for me, I have no idea why, but I'm really glad they did.

My hobby has coalesced around my "sagas" which sort of ties all of my hobby interests together: the figures, some rudimentary set building, vehicles, writing and photography. My interest is modern era figures, but I still buy some WWII stuff- some of it is just too cool to pass up!

Eventually I found my way to OSW and MWD (and a smaller community called Figurevore). All of those sites have been through many changes and crises. Hopefully OSW will survive, but I hope this new, fresh site continues to thrive regardless.

45OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:43 am

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Welcome aboard onesixthwarrior! Indeed I also received a personal invite from GF last week to check out the place and I'm
really glad I did.

46OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:53 am

dadrab

dadrab
@onsixthwarrior, welcome, sir. Really glad to have you.

47OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:03 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Welcome onesixthwarrior, and to Peter the Painter for joining the ranks.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 C8485110

48OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:39 am

MarkEl

Hello all,
Many thanks to DFC for inviting me to the group via Facebook.  I was known as Odysseus in OSW but decided for a metamorphosis as MarkEl here as it’s a fresh and optimistic start to a new group.   Into figures since childhood in the 1970s with GI Joe, Big Jim, 6 Million Dollar Man, Evel Knievel, Action Man, etc.  Off and on superficially into various figures and collectibles over the decades, but I jumped in deep to 1/6 again in the last couple years. Addicted and going broke.  ;-).  No specific niche other than liking various cool things including seamless, some military, some fantasy, some superhero, whatever appeals.  I’m a head sculpt junkie, and that’s what I appreciate most about the hobby.  Always keen to see what others are doing to be inspired by ideas and appreciate others’ creativity.   I’m not naturally artistically gifted but like to try to give things a go.  Really enjoy the sociology of collecting and the community aspect.  I like that this group is willing to be more eclectic and open without niche constraints.  I’m dual UK-US and have moved back and forth over life. Currently in SE Greater London area.  Cheers y’all.  Looking forward to the group!

49OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:04 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Welcome aboard to all our new members, whether with old names or new, or a whole bunch of them (looking at you, MarkEl). Wink

50OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty New member Brassco Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:03 pm

brassco

brassco
Hi, just joined today upon invitation from Gubernator Fan.

My first forum was onesixthwarriors. I joined last year June, but was collecting figure around Oct 2016. My first encounter with 1/6th was actually way back, when Phicen first released their first generation seamless figure. However, due to the lack of clothes or accessories, I stopped after 2 figures. Never did i imagine this hobby to have gain such diversity, now anything is possible.

There is learning curve along the way to do this hobby, but it's the forums that sparked something new in my interest that raised the level of my enthusiasm. To share knowledge, pictures, thoughts etc.

I hoped this forum will grow, and will be more opened than the previous forum i frequent. (for example, i can do posts on political figures without worrying deletion from administrators)

Cheers!

51OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:38 pm

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
brassco wrote:Hi, just joined today upon invitation from Gubernator Fan.

My first forum was onesixthwarriors. I joined last year June, but was collecting figure around Oct 2016. My first encounter with 1/6th was actually way back, when Phicen first released their first generation seamless figure. However, due to the lack of clothes or accessories, I stopped after 2 figures. Never did i imagine this hobby to have gain such diversity, now anything is possible.

There is learning curve along the way to do this hobby, but it's the forums that sparked something new in my interest that raised the level of my enthusiasm. To share knowledge, pictures, thoughts etc.

I hoped this forum will grow, and will be more opened than the previous forum i frequent. (for example, i can do posts on political figures without worrying deletion from administrators)

Cheers!

--

Glad to see you made it here.

I understand what you mean about political figures, but "discretion is the better part of valor".

I've been meaning to post/share this for the longest.

Wink Razz

DISCLAIMER: The picture is from another 1:6 collector, but the dialogue is by me.

OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Hold-o10

52OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:13 am

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Welcome aboard brassco it's good to see you here!

Do I need to down size my signature photo?

53OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:44 am

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Welcome aboard brassco it's good to see you here!

--

Nice signature picture/avatar.

It's up to you, but consider reducing it by 50% and see if makes a difference for you.

54OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:59 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
New rule:

Ok, let's nip it in the bud... as much as we all enjoy political humor, we do not always agree. So, lest this forum becomes infected by the toxic atmosphere of so-called political discourse in our society, from this point on political posts will be deleted at the discretion of the management.

55OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:00 am

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
GubernatorFan wrote:New rule:

Ok, let's nip it in the bud... as much as we all enjoy political humor, we do not always agree. So, lest this forum becomes infected by the toxic atmosphere of so-called political discourse in our society, from this point on political posts will be deleted at the discretion of the management.

--

Sounds fair, reasonable, and not heavy handed at all.

So be it.

56OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:55 am

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
DeltaForceChung wrote:
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Welcome aboard brassco it's good to see you here!

--

Nice signature picture/avatar.

It's up to you, but consider reducing it by 50% and see if makes a difference for you.

Is my new signature photo better?

57OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:54 am

brassco

brassco
GubernatorFan wrote:New rule:

[picture deleted]

is this considered political?

answered.

58OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:42 am

MarkEl

Isn’t anything to do with Arnie potentially political considering he was the governor of the 5th largest economy of the world and all? Once you’ve been a politician, how do you separate it? GubernatorFan! ;-)

I also reserve the right to change my username and branding as it was good enough for Phicen AKA TBLeague .

*just discovered emojis don’t work in the mobile version of this. Know my intent is loaded with winks.

59OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:00 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
brassco -- well, if that image exposes us to the wrath of hackers from a certain area, it would be great fun watching this forum crash and burn. I do hope we are too small fry to be noticed, considered a threat, and punished. Generally, you should consider another's possible perspective -- what if this is the fearless leader you voted for and someone wants to poke fun at him? The question is not about who is right and who is wrong, but whether this forum is the place to make such arguments (in the form of posts and images) and whether this would (a) offend and (b) lead to complications of any nature. I would err on the side of caution, and posting a potentially controversial image even to ask if it is unacceptable might be considered more questionable than cunning.

MarkEl -- you have every right to choose whatever moniker you want for whatever venue you choose to frequent. Just hard to get used to it. As for the Gubernator, he was Terminator (1, 2, whatever) long before he was governor of California, so such images are clearly in reference to the character and movies, and have nothing to do with politics. I was going to say something about the political aspects, but then remembered we are trying to keep them out... for a reason.

60OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:14 am

dadrab

dadrab
Good call on the political stuff.

There's not a faster way in the world to screw up a fun conversation that the injection of politics.

Those discussions have their places, but not here, me thinks.

61OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:35 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you, dadrab, I'm glad you agree.

62OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:39 am

MarkEl

Sounds good GubernatorFan. Agreed, the topic never ends well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 37]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20 ... 37  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum