OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

shovelchop81

The first batch of pics are just to show you why I needed more ferrous anchor points for the gantry arms, the existing positions are all too low to be used by themselves. I made more by using some thin sheet steel that I had cut off a guitar rack to make one of my gun racks, then after some filing and bending super glued them in place. I've now got clear nail varnish drying on the original arms I converted to be articulated as they were a bit loose due to the heavy resin they are made from. All the arms are interchangeable of course due to the magnet system.

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 HDJi6rv

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 RHkFEaz

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 Cs9vElw

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 Luz1qcl

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 P5ZSllb

MASKING EL-WIRE FOR PAINT LATER

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 IM3xzHl

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 4C5qlgq

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 JcYNm9W

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 PqgERPX

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 0Y8f3ji

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 FR16xur

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 Et9NIPw

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 M6OZDgw

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 4mzeAzA

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 1gvmqx4

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 SwVxKxv

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 IASV3bc

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 ERsJJ0p

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Oh yes, very definitely an improvement!

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Impressive. Complex looking work.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh, wow! I have to admit, when you mentioned the robotic arms you were attaching, I had no idea what you were talking about. It's been absolutely YEARS since I saw the first Iron Man films, and I only saw one Avengers movie way back when it first came out. So I really couldn't picture what you meant. But now I get it -- and it looks excellent! Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Oh yes, very definitely an improvement!

Stryker2011 wrote:Impressive. Complex looking work.

skywalkersaga wrote:Oh, wow! I have to admit, when you mentioned the robotic arms you were attaching, I had no idea what you were talking about. It's been absolutely YEARS since I saw the first Iron Man films, and I only saw one Avengers movie way back when it first came out. So I really couldn't picture what you meant. But now I get it -- and it looks excellent! Smile

Thanks guys!! SWS: yeah it's kind of like a roiling sea of arms and annular armatures that convolute and spin around him as he walks, taking off bits of armour and storing it under the retracting floor as he strides down the landing platform on STARK Tower whilst talking to JARVIS as he goes.

I've now attached his left arm and hand properly also cut up and dremelled the armoured arm turning it into separate pieces to be held by the many arms which will hold his helmet parts and chest plate too;now I just need to work out how to do all that! Wink

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 EYrwCxt

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 NPaAdvk

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 33K4dfe

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 VzxlLZl

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 GFjQDXd

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 SALIOyl

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 XOFIOf0

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 DKnUCIz

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 5hv9p05

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 WU5QXUf

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 Bqd5CnL

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 YAKuUQp

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 TmO70yb

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 1QLgyz9

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You should set all this at one end of a scene, and at the other you should put Dr Strange grooming himself with all of his extra hands and arms. Smile

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
That looks brilliant!

Sorry if I've been a bit AWOL of late. I've been playing around with the driving game Assetto Corsa and all the modding you can do with it. So much fun and frustration in equal measure.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:You should set all this at one end of a scene, and at the other you should put Dr Strange grooming himself with all of his extra hands and arms. Smile

I don't have a Doctor Strange figure sadly, been thinking about getting the latest/2nd version but don't know where he would fit in, perhaps with my Asguard characters? Nice idea though!

Rogerbee wrote:That looks brilliant!

Sorry if I've been a bit AWOL of late. I've been playing around with the driving game Assetto Corsa and all the modding you can do with it. So much fun and frustration in equal measure.

CHEERS!

Thanks Roger! The game sounds like this build! LOL.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Indeed it does! It's rewarding when you get it right though.

CHEERS!

shazzdan

shazzdan
Epic build! It is great watching this project progress.

shazzdan

shazzdan
GubernatorFan wrote:You should set all this at one end of a scene, and at the other you should put Dr Strange grooming himself with all of his extra hands and arms. Smile

That would be cool. I can imagine one hand holding a toothbush and another holding a beard trimmer and another holding a comb and another holding some hairspray...

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
shazzdan wrote:Epic build! It is great watching this project progress.

Thank you!

I've been doing detail work on the loose armour pieces for the gantry arms and partially rebuilding bits so they will appear to be removed as units (or he would be standing there all day!), I also went through my draws of electronics parts and picked some nice decorative bits to add to the insides of the removed armour to show some tech details. I also modded his left shoulder socket to accept the HT spare MKVI arm (the figure came with two complete left arms, one BD, one clean) which will mean modding my custom left arm to fit as well now (I blame you Mark for suggesting I do a set of progression pics of armour removal Wink hence all the extra parts pictured). Just need to work on the floor panels, paint them and the steps and make a transparent stand/pole for him next.

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 6Vd5ZRG

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 CJVbGYN

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 3bqPlz1

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 7Z9re2m

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 HURa4u0

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 IF4amuF

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 ZOFtTCc

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 ZPQehQv

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 Xyz9S1y

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 Qj3Pfre

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Sorry, Brother. Didn't mean to make you do more work... But in a way, I kinda' am. It'll look epic!!! Very Happy

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Sorry, Brother. Didn't mean to make you do more work... But in a way, I kinda' am. It'll look epic!!! Very Happy

LOL, interesting grammar there! Wink Laughing The extra work will be in the photo shoot but will be nice if I can pull it off! Worth the effort.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
I think I've done everything except enlarge the ball socket on the unarmoured arm but I'll do that mid photo shoot. I filed all the base parts and cut them to size, glued them open, painted the base plate and steps black after dremelling a hole for the custom clear stand I made. All the detail work on the insides of the loose armour parts has been finished, I made the vented 'foils' for the air flaps on his back. I drilled new holes to fit the HT undamaged chest plate for the pics, soldered the plug to the splitter wire. I've probably missed something but can't think of anything right now, got an appointment with the dentist in a couple of hours for quite a bit of work to be done so won't be in the mood to take finished thread photographs if past experiences are anything are to go by! Sorry! pale Wink  Just remembered! I need to make his little ear com device.

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 IuT4aQc

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 8hJzY6f

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 OYIsqTI

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 RvBAsup

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 YlDi330

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 Zk86esO

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 Rverv8O

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 WqHEI00

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 GqLIFlb

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 KlNxfth

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 0mF1Xu7

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 MV3t8fp

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 HSmsI0F

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 L0HxINO

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 SMaqlNQ

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 WBbyjMN

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 4VqvnvJ

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 0ETU8Ac

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 YlNPGKu

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 GTnBGU3

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 Qc7YVdQ

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 7hSIHir

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 MWwNQ3m

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Boy the forum's a ghost town today! Is something going on I've missed? Dentist was a waste of time, got my foot stuck in a water filled pothole and fell flat on my face walking there, then they only saw me for ten minutes and told me to come back next week! Anyway.. made the ear piece as close to the movie version as I can, you only glimpse it but it's definitely white with black edging and a curvy shape attached to his right ear. Was a pain in the butt, the pieces kept shooting out of my hands as I tried to hacksaw and file them, then super glue was fun too! LOL. I need to make him a tumbler of whisky too.

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 PG9IqOq

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 GBSjtoN

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 AJ1dZfv

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 FjdkLXk

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 Sxhk6qC

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 U5g2ryK

DAMN IT! GOT THE SIZE AND PLACEMENT WRONG SO NEED TO REDO IT...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Aw, that sounds like a bit of a rough and frustrating day. The earpiece looks really good though! Smile

And yeah, I know what you mean...the forum's been especially quiet for at least a couple of days now. People must be busy...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
According to the BBC, British dentistry is diabolical, but even if that were true, the pothole ambush sounds like overkill. Your work, on the other hand, is flawless (now that the photos have finally loaded -- sorry, slow internet).

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
skywalkersaga wrote:Aw, that sounds like a bit of a rough and frustrating day. The earpiece looks really good though! Smile

And yeah, I know what you mean...the forum's been especially quiet for at least a couple of days now. People must be busy...

GubernatorFan wrote:According to the BBC, British dentistry is diabolical, but even if that were true, the pothole ambush sounds like overkill. Your work, on the other hand, is flawless (now that the photos have finally loaded -- sorry, slow internet).

Thanks guys! Nice to see some activity on the forum, typically I'm going to bed now, been up since 1am my time. I would say the pavements are diabolical, the dentists just like to charge as many appointment fees as they can! Thank goodness for the NHS! Even if it does mean I'll have to go back next week (they know about my agoraphobia but still just booked me a 15min slot for 3 fillings, like that was going to happen).
Anyway.. redid his ear piece so it's much more accurate and positioned correctly now, also was a lot easier to make as I just used the off-cuts from the first one to make it Wink .

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 RQsFjA0

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 TY5ui0B

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 49c32Dt

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 D4Dc0UD

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
15 minutes for three fillings? Should be more like 45, if not more...

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:15 minutes for three fillings? Should be more like 45, if not more...

Yup! And to top it off, a previous filling of mine that had been fine before started hurting the next day due to the sonic cleaning, kind of ironic.

Thought I'd share my experiment of making a 1/6 tumbler of whisky and ice since many members like to have drinks as accessories for their figures in dios and skits etc.. I didn't use the glue gun in the end, I used the contact adhesive as the simulated whisky after mixing a blend of colours with markers on the inside of the clear plastic. Also so random pics of the dismantled helmet assembled for some reason.. no idea why!LOL.

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 YxOw9rp

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 HinglkC

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 IAgU0Gr

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 LVNuEi0

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 GDBJjKl

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 KnEyajs

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 TR6xB8n

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 GVR02SR

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 17MfN4K

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 LM02urh

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looking good, Alex. Sorry to hear about the sidewalk fall, and the debacle with the dentist.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum