OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 9]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Interesting comparison shots. Thanks for sharing those. I guess I had no idea the standard sized bodies had different sized feet either.

skywalkersaga

I believe the reason this 'buxom' body has larger feet than the regular sized tbleague bodies is to try to make the ankles look less 'pudgy'.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:I believe the reason this 'buxom' body has larger feet than the regular sized tbleague bodies is to try to make the ankles look less 'pudgy'.

Soooo... no cankles? Razz

He who dies with the most toys wins!

s29b - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 7 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That's what I'm guessing the intended outcome was, lol.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for confirming. Maybe the slightly larger feet are intended to help balance the figure is it is "more buxom" than the others.

nhwioz

nhwioz
The body looks realistic and natural. 🙂   The feet fit this Body. The manufacturer did everything right. If all shoes and boots are too small then the manufacturers of these items have to make bigger ones.

I remember Al Bundy (Married... with Children). The women came into the shoes shop and wanted shoes size EU 36 (USA 6?) 👿  In German TV it was 36.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You get good karmic points for referencing that show... in my book anyway. Smile

thedude

GeeWillikers wrote:Here's a couple of (hopefully SFW) on-the-fly shots to give you a rough idea. The one thing photographing it has revealed is the discrepancy between the colours in the skin and the hands and feet, which is almost unnoticeable in-hand.

With Lighting
s29b - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 7 DSCN8885

With Flash
s29b - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 7 DSCN8887

Natural Light
s29b - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 7 DSCN8891

Back view
s29b - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 7 DSCN8896
(note the arm length)

Bonus blurry side view
s29b - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 7 DSCN8897
(note the foot size)

I don't think clothing her will be too much of a problem, once I decide on something (although I might have to swap out those feet to get anything but boots to fit). I really like this head sculpt on it - considering I just plonked it on there as it was the nearest one to hand it's actually a really good match. It's the first time I haven't had to spend weeks (or months, or years) trying to find one!

EDIT: More good news is that there's no problem swapping these feet out for other smaller, but more tonally-compatible TBL feet - no stupidly-different peg-sizing like with the smaller S24/5 and S26/7 bodies.

Beautiful head sculpt. Can you tell the head sculpt's name?

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
thedude wrote:

It's a DamToys 'Combat Girls Gemini Squad' head sculpt called 'Vicky' (the other Gemini model 'Zona' is an identical sculpt but with longer hair). It seems quite hard to get hold of loose now though and there's been a pair of less pretty 'Pisces Squad' models since.

thedude

GeeWillikers wrote:
thedude wrote:

It's a DamToys 'Combat Girls Gemini Squad' head sculpt called 'Vicky' (the other Gemini model 'Zona' is an identical sculpt but with longer hair). It seems quite hard to get hold of loose now though and there's been a pair of less pretty 'Pisces Squad' models since.

Thank you!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It has a slight look of Gemma Arterton — imo there should be more sculpts of her likeness!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:It has a slight look of Gemma Arterton — imo there should be more sculpts of her likeness!

I’m actually surprised, given the types of movies that’s she’s done, that there hasn’t been a Gemma Arterton head sculpt out there; a Bond Girl, Prince of Persia, Hansel & Gretal, Clash of the Titans.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

s29b - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 7 C8485110

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
skywalkersaga wrote:It has a slight look of Gemma Arterton — imo there should be more sculpts of her likeness!

Oh yeah, of course! That's who she's been reminding me of, good spot! Smile

Ovy

Ovy
Got one of those when they were rather new, also had little problems with the elbow joints, they are still a bit loose but otherwise ok.

Some time has passed now since release and I remember somewhere here, someone wrote on this forum there are newer generations of already released tbleague bodies around which might have better quality. Anyone knows how one can find out when the product was made or how to buy the newer products? Or if they are any better, if they exist?
Asking for someone with the intend to use them as drawing figures.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I never had a problem with this body, but I think someone else did. Maybe there is a bad batch out there. I think there has been one body since (pale S32A and suntan S32B) but I didn't get it, as they swung back to very tall. There is also a new body they have announced (with seamless but probably floppy feet), but I don't think that one is out yet.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I can’t answer for sure as I don’t own this one yet myself, but I would presume GianToy would likely have the most recent stock as they seem to get things directly from the factory and, being a popular and well-known 1/6 store with fairly low prices, they do shift a lot of product. In fact, it was via my GianToy purchases that I first noticed the slight change in the female tbleague suntan skintone. That being said, there’s no guarantee, and if you are concerned at all about quality issues, you could write to Amelia at GianToy about it as she does reply fairly quickly, time zone depending.

Diana

Diana
I pre-ordered one and haven't had any issues. I documented my unboxing of her here, where I also mention the elbow joint, which, though weird, has not cause me any trouble.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Ovy wrote:Some time has passed now since release and I remember somewhere here, someone wrote on this forum there are newer generations of already released tbleague bodies around which might have better quality. Anyone knows how one can find out when the product was made or how to buy the newer products? Or if they are any better, if they exist?

First off, the following is just my own experience, other collectors aren't necessarily experiencing any of these issues...

In my opinion while designs and skin-toning have been improved and/or tweaked, the general build quality of all the newer TBL bodies has actually seen a noticeable drop. This isn't just with the new designs (every single one of the three S29s I own has right wrist peg/arm issues to varying degrees) - some of the metal skeletons of the newer tweaked S20/1s and S22/3s are very stiff in their movements from the get-go, while older models like the S10/12, S16/17 and older versions of 20/1s and 22/3s are still smooth and fluid as a rule. The newer models are still articulated in the same way, it just takes more effort to get them into those positions to begin with. Although if you plan to keep them static for display purposes, then I suppose you could consider that stiffness an improvement. I've also discovered however that once/if their limbs/joints do loosen up, they can soon become very loose.

I've also noticed that the skin of newer models is more easily prone to minor tearing, stretching, 'stippling' and 'pock-marking'. Nothing too major for now though, and personally I don't mind that too much as I can consider these 'distinguishing marks' if they aren't too serious.

If all that doesn't put you off:  the design tweaks to S20/1 and S22/3 were never officially announced to my knowledge so as for buying them - unless you're buying a body as part of a newer (2019 onwards) full figure set, there's no way to be 100% certain unfortunately, unless you're dealing with a trustworthy and knowledgable seller that you can ask specifically. And even then, you'll need to identify which body type a set is utilising beforehand, as they never specify models.

That said, GianToy seem to mostly be selling newer models as base bodies now (although there's still no guarantee - I recently ordered an S23 expecting a newer version as I'd got some from them already, and got an older one instead).

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
I went to the store and got to handle two new S29B's.
Both right elbows started out tight but after a bit of bending back and forth, it became loose but its just loose around 30 degrees from the straight arm position then becomes tighter beyond 30 degrees.
One body had a tight left elbow while the other one had a loose left elbow.
I forgot to test the wrists.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
I have an S29 also and the right elbow is loose. It started off tight, but didn't stay tight and what all this is telling me is that there is probably something out of calibration with the machine or industrial robot used to make or assemble the parts for the skeleton. Only with machines can you achieve this kind of consistency. Humans never do the same thing exactly the same way twice in a row.

This also means that the problem can probably be fixed if TBLeague were aware of the problem and cared about it. They may have already fixed the problem but want to get rid of the stock that was produced with the loose elbows first. Then again...what do I really know?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I think you are right and there's been some machine/assembly errors at tbleague in recent times. I say this because I have recently had some trouble with malfunctioning elbows on certain bodies and they are all of the more 'recent' reddish suntan skintone [which I believe began with this s29 model], and thus more recently produced bodies. 

Hopefully this will eventually be fixed, but I am planning to actually send a complaint to tbleague about it -- and I suggest others do as well, just so they know that it has been noticed by customers, and they can't expect to continue selling bodies with defective elbows or any other joints. Complaining here on a forum is not necessarily enough, imo...

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
skywalkersaga wrote:I think you are right and there's been some machine/assembly errors at tbleague in recent times. I say this because I have recently had some trouble with malfunctioning elbows on certain bodies and they are all of the more 'recent' reddish suntan skintone [which I believe began with this s29 model], and thus more recently produced bodies. 

Hopefully this will eventually be fixed, but I am planning to actually send a complaint to tbleague about it -- and I suggest others do as well, just so they know that it has been noticed by customers, and they can't expect to continue selling bodies with defective elbows or any other joints. Complaining here on a forum is not necessarily enough, imo...

As I said, only machines can do things with that sort of consistency. If it were humans screwing up, it would different joints all the time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum