OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 9]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
TBLeague (back then Phicen) did try to make a male average body, M31, but that was a mess. Apart from the widespread problems with the wrist pegs (which may have been overcome in later re-releases), and the weird-looking bent elbows, the chest was misshapen and the nipples too high. Obviously not everyone looks like Chris Hemsworth, but these were anatomically rather inaccurate even for non-model bodies. So it is something that they would do well to revisit. And their M33 could use a bit more height without recourse to weird and difficult to use ankle extenders.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

skywalkersaga

Agreed on both counts, GF!

For the time being, if one wants a seamless male body that looks lean and strong, but without looking like a bodybuilder, the M32 is a possibility.

ETA: Peaches, Some Like It Hot is a fave of mine as well! Good taste! Wink

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:For the time being, if one wants a seamless male body that looks lean and strong, but without looking like a bodybuilder, the M32 is a possibility.

Agreed, although it (M32) is a somewhat specific (and supposedly more typically Asian) tightly-muscled type. M33 is also not overly muscular, but still more muscular and defined than something that we might call average. And of course, average is a rather vague concept.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah , I know what you mean re: the M32, but I was thinking if someone was only going to be showing the arms on it (via rolled-up sleeves as TPB was mentioning)... it would at least be a bit more suitable for that than some of the others.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
“Average” would probably be similar to the World Box “Dad Bod”. Love-handles, a bit of paunch, and arms and legs that are thicker than the average woman, but not well-defined — though the WB body does have the usual muscle arms and legs.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 3 C8485110

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
I agree with the sentiment that I'd really like to see a less idealized male body by them. I have a few characters in mind I want to do that most definitely do not have a heroic build.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Stryker2011 wrote:
Peaches wrote:What does 4 color package mean?  Will there be more skin color choices?

Just the graphic on the box it comes in, I’m afraid.

As if we bought these things for the box!

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
ReverendSpooky wrote:I agree with the sentiment that I'd really like to see a less idealized male body by them.  I have a few characters in mind I want to do that most definitely do not have a heroic build.  

It would be nice to see some average guys, some skinny guys, some guys with a bit of paunch....

Cobratrooper11

Cobratrooper11
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:I agree with the sentiment that I'd really like to see a less idealized male body by them.  I have a few characters in mind I want to do that most definitely do not have a heroic build.  

It would be nice to see some average guys, some skinny guys, some guys with a bit of paunch....

yeah, i would too. might even be nice to have a pudgy male. not something that is R. Jeremy fat but ya know, something in between that and skinny.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Cobratrooper11 wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:

yeah, i would too. might even be nice to have a pudgy male. not something that is R. Jeremy fat but ya know, something in between that and skinny.

I'd like to see a figure with a bit of a beer belly that I could use to build a middle aged apocalyptic survivor complete with his American legion garrison cap, surplus M1 rifle, and M-65 field jacket. Better still if I can find a head sculpt that looks like Archie Bunker.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I've got one of the World Box 'Fat Man' bodies (bigger and bulkier than the 'Dad Bod' model) and while it's a great, sturdy body, it's a nightmare to find outfits for. They eventually supplied the same body with their fully-suited 'Bodyguard' figure, and I really should have waited until then to buy one.

As for the body that's the subject of the thread, I obviously couldn't resist and pre-ordered one. As they're supposedly on release now ("in-stock" at Giantoy), I'm expecting one in a few weeks.

It's a step in the right direction, but they could go even plumper for me. The more different body types the better, variety is the spice, etc.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
GeeWillikers wrote:It's a step in the right direction, but they could go even plumper for me. The more different body types the better, variety is the spice, etc.

Reminds me of that one scene (or two) from Summer Catch. Smile I ordered the same from the same place. But I thought they were still on preorder.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
GeeWillikers wrote:I've got one of the World Box 'Fat Man' bodies (bigger and bulkier than the 'Dad Bod' model) and while it's a great, sturdy body, it's a nightmare to find outfits for. They eventually supplied the same body with their fully-suited 'Bodyguard' figure, and I really should have waited until then to buy one.

As for the body that's the subject of the thread, I obviously couldn't resist and pre-ordered one. As they're supposedly on release now ("in-stock" at Giantoy), I'm expecting one in a few weeks.

It's a step in the right direction, but they could go even plumper for me. The more different body types the better, variety is the spice, etc.

Giantoy is where I get my figures. Good pricing, free shipping and fast delivery. My last order took two weeks to get to me in Montreal. I think I may order one of these new figures shortly. It will make a nice addition.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I realllly want to get one of these as well, once I can a) afford to order more tbleague bodies, lol, and b) figure out which character I would actually be using it for. Razz

Since I'm not someone who just keeps spare bodies around for random kitbashes -- everything I purchase has to go toward a specific figure -- I can't justify buying one out of curiosity or just for the heck of it. :/

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
With all the differing body types they produce (within their narrow range, if you get my meaning) you'd think TBL would be mixing and matching elements by now, like a big butt with a small chest or something. They're perfectly content to 'remix' different elements from their older head sculpts into their new ones, after all.

But then you'd also likely think they'd be doing more than just two skin tone variants by now, so go figure.

They really need to come up with an Afro-american female body type (with a head sculpt) now, at the very least. It's not as if they aren't capable because they managed it back in 2011 or whenever it was they used to produce them. I'm sure a lot of us would pay a little extra for one if needs be.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GeeWillikers wrote:With all the differing body types they produce (within their narrow range, if you get my meaning) you'd think TBL would be mixing and matching elements by now, like a big butt with a small chest or something. They're perfectly content to 'remix' different elements from their older head sculpts into their new ones, after all.

But then you'd also likely think they'd be doing more than just two skin tone variants by now, so go figure.

They really need to come up with an Afro-american female body type (with a head sculpt) now, at the very least. It's not as if they aren't capable because they managed it back in 2011 or whenever it was they used to produce them. I'm sure a lot of us would pay a little extra for one if needs be.

It’s a discussion that’s been going on for quite some time now, unfortunately.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 3 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
There used to be three skintones -- pale, suntan, and tan. But tan disappeared. And like I have pointed out before (although I agree they should make some African-type bodies), they probably figure there aren't enough heads out there for those to ensure a reasonably large market. They did make male ones, but specifically for super tall Basketball player types.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Sigh, yes, the skintone thing.... I get that they often decide what they create based on 'the market', but the thing is.... for people out there who aren't just 'collecting' these but rather want to use them as bases for custom projects, it makes more sense to have a wider range of colour options for the bodies than even for the headsculpts. Headsculpts can be easily re-painted, or re-wigged. Or, entirely new headsculpts can be created from scratch by skilled sculptors /3D printers, etc, and then painted to match the bodies.  But there are only very limited ways that tbleague bodies can be coloured, in comparison, and it's very difficult to colour-match when doing so. And so while I totally understand that tbleague doesn't create bodies based on the section of their market that participates in customizing, it still is a rather frustrating situation. :/

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, technically, TBLeague IS very much aware of the customizing market. They started as a company that produced bodies first — for that very reason — then moved into complete box sets (mostly in conjunction with their partnership with Executive Replicas and GoHero. I think many of the problems have been addressed about the lack of color options, at this point in time. As the Guv pointed out, they fairly recently introduced very tall African American bodies — no doubt in response to the plethora of Basketball players that are out there. They don’t seem to be able to see outside the box, unless they see an opportunity to take advantage of exposed joints on figures that would look better seamless.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Aw, yeah, I wasn’t disagreeing with GF, rather just adding my rambling thoughts. I’m still really new and obviously sometimes things move a bit slowly and thus perhaps would seem to be ‘taking forever’ from my perspective, but I’m sure eventually things will change. I cannot pretend to understand ‘the market’, nor do I wish to, as the crass capitalistic side of this is the exact opposite of why I’m into it, and even just thinking about it gives me a headache. Razz All I know are my limited observations based on my even more limited time in this hobby so far. ;p

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
For anyone that's interested, Giantoy has these in-stock already.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Stryker2011 wrote:For anyone that's interested, Giantoy has these in-stock already.

Yeah...I'm mulling over getting one as my next figure or going with a leaner figure to be consistent with my other post-apocalyptic girls. My thoughts are skinny would be the norm of the post apocalypse.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum