OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Peaches

Yah, it ain't fun, LOL. But I do like the body Smile

Ephiane

Thanks for showing ! Great News.... not really plump, but better than the other Bodys. I want it !

Ephiane

Ephiane
GeeWillikers wrote:Here's a couple of (hopefully SFW) on-the-fly shots to give you a rough idea. The one thing photographing it has revealed is the discrepancy between the colours in the skin and the hands and feet, which is almost unnoticeable in-hand.

With Lighting
s29b - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 5 DSCN8885

With Flash
s29b - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 5 DSCN8887

Natural Light
s29b - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 5 DSCN8891

Back view
s29b - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 5 DSCN8896
(note the arm length)

Bonus blurry side view
s29b - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 5 DSCN8897
(note the foot size)

I don't think clothing her will be too much of a problem, once I decide on something (although I might have to swap out those feet to get anything but boots to fit). I really like this head sculpt on it - considering I just plonked it on there as it was the nearest one to hand it's actually a really good match. It's the first time I haven't had to spend weeks (or months, or years) trying to find one!

EDIT: More good news is that there's no problem swapping these feet out for other smaller, but more tonally-compatible TBL feet - no stupidly-different peg-sizing like with the smaller S24/5 and S26/7 bodies.

many thanks for showing ! Is it a pale Body ?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks to be the Suntan, Ephi.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

s29b - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 5 C8485110

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Yeah, the one pictured is suntan - I mentioned it in passing in the post I made before that one.  It's even lighter than we're used to, though (or at least mine is). It's subtle, but side by side, even with a later-run S23, it's noticeable. I think this is why the difference in hands and feet against body tone is standing out so much to me. I guess I'll have to get another in suntan to be sure it's not a fluke.

In the meantime, I now have a pale one on the way!  Hopefully the feet and hands are a better match.

One thing I didn't mention earlier, as at the time I hadn't made any height comparisons - she's shorter than average! The height is actually mid-way between the average TBL size and a S24.

Grumble about the hands and feet aside, I'm very pleased indeed with it.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
GeeWillikers wrote:One thing I didn't mention earlier, as at the time I hadn't made any height comparisons - she's shorter than average! The height is actually mid-way between the average TBL size and a S24.

Thanks for adding this info -- and it is excellent news! The earlier Phicen/TBLeague female figures had the tendency to be overly tall, so this is definitely an improvement.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
OH my gosh, this is GREAT news!! I've been wanting an 'in-between' height for ages now!!

Also, someone tell Peaches, quick! Very Happy

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Ephiane

Ephiane
Thank You very much, Gee ! May i ask for some pictures next to a " normal " TBL Body ? So we can see the difference between slim and Plump ?

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
GeeWillikers wrote:Yeah, the one pictured is suntan - I mentioned it in passing in the post I made before that one.  It's even lighter than we're used to, though (or at least mine is). It's subtle, but side by side, even with a later-run S23, it's noticeable. I think this is why the difference in hands and feet against body tone is standing out so much to me. I guess I'll have to get another in suntan to be sure it's not a fluke.

In the meantime, I now have a pale one on the way!  Hopefully the feet and hands are a better match.

One thing I didn't mention earlier, as at the time I hadn't made any height comparisons - she's shorter than average! The height is actually mid-way between the average TBL size and a S24.

Grumble about the hands and feet aside, I'm very pleased indeed with it.

I ordered one of the pale ones yesterday and expect to have it in about 2 weeks so we'll have some comparisons to make. I'm also curious to find out how well the available clothing fits it, so my review will contain this also.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
GubernatorFan wrote:There used to be three skintones -- pale, suntan, and tan. But tan disappeared. And like I have pointed out before (although I agree they should make some African-type bodies), they probably figure there aren't enough heads out there for those to ensure a reasonably large market. They did make male ones, but specifically for super tall Basketball player types.

I'd really like to see some female African bodies and head sculpts. Not overly tall ones like basketball players, but ordinary female bodies and heads.

Peaches

Peaches
Yup, me too. It's always been hard in all of my collections, to get a good face let alone color.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Ephiane wrote:Thank You very much, Gee ! May i ask for some pictures next to a  " normal " TBL Body ? So we can see the difference between slim and Plump ?

We have a holiday weekend coming up in the UK until this Tuesday so I won't have access to the space now to do anything before then, but I'll get onto it after that (I'll probably do a S18>S23>S29>S24 sliding scale pic - I don't have any of the smallest S26/7 bodies, but you can always imagine Wink ). Probably the best way to appreciate all of the differences is to get them nude, but I'll make sure its SFW.

One other thing I've just noticed - if I keep my new S29 in flat feet but put my S24 in arched feet, they're
roughly the same height! That would also depend on the relative size of the head sculpts too I suppose, and the two bods still have very different physiques, of course.

I seem to be noticing new little details like this about the S29 every day. She's an education!

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
GeeWillikers wrote:
Ephiane wrote:Thank You very much, Gee ! May i ask for some pictures next to a  " normal " TBL Body ? So we can see the difference between slim and Plump ?

We have a holiday weekend coming up in the UK until this Tuesday so I won't have access to the space now to do anything before then, but I'll get onto it after that (I'll probably do a S18>S23>S29>S24 sliding scale pic - I don't have any of the smallest S26/7 bodies, but you can always imagine  Wink ). Probably the best way to appreciate all of the differences is to get them nude, but I'll make sure its SFW.

One other thing I've just noticed - if I keep my new S29 in flat feet but put my S24 in arched feet, they're  
roughly the same height! That would also depend on the relative size of the head sculpts too I suppose, and the two bods still have very different physiques, of course.

I seem to be noticing new little details like this about the S29 every day. She's an education!

I can't wait to get mine!

brassco

brassco
I've been adamant about getting this figure. But with the release of a "plump" body version...  

s29b - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 5 01
s29b - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 5 02
s29b - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 5 03
s29b - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 5 04

The Pro. Just taken out of the box with the basic attire. The body has a dirty design, which will be missed. Time for a body makeover!

s29b - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 5 05
s29b - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 5 06
s29b - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 5 07

Here's a side by side comparison between the bodies. The left one is the original body, and the right one is 29B.

s29b - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 5 08
s29b - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 5 09
s29b - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 5 10

Not too much trouble dressing the 29B up. Here's how the figure now looks like.

s29b - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 5 11

A side by side comparison before and after.

s29b - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 5 12
s29b - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 5 13
s29b - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 5 14

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
The "The Pro" body (above) is a standard S21 (but with unique paint detailing), I think. And yeah, you're right - that head would look so much better on a shorter, plumper body.

ThePhotogsBlog wrote:I can't wait to get mine!

I think you'll be very pleased, it's a near-match to the S24 in height with a much more realistic physique. Also much more proportionally-realistic when standing side-by-side with a male figure. Still too muscular to be 'buxom' and too well-built and busty to be entirely 'average', but we're slowly heading towards 'normal'.

And yet another 'other thing I've just noticed' - the skin tone of this particular suntan model S29 I have actually has a very, very slight 'red-ish' tinge, and that is what is making the difference in hands & feet to body so much more noticeable to me. I figured this out after replacing the hands with ones which are a smoother match, and which had been too 'red' for other TBL suntan bodies. Still working on finding some replacement feet.

Thinking about it, if its deliberate then this new suntan variant might be some kind of response to the Jiaou New Wheat body tone - I'll have to do some comparison work later.  I suppose it remains to be seen if this is the 'new TBL standard suntan' or just unique to this particular first batch of S29s (or just unique to this particular figure of mine!).

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for sharing, brassco! The s29b definitely look more realistic, imo! The fact that she doesn't have those ridiculous tiny hips, for one.

And while you don't have them level in those pics, I can see a bit of the height difference that GeeWillikers mentioned, nonetheless.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
brassco wrote:
s29b - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 5 05
s29b - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 5 06
s29b - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 5 07

Here's a side by side comparison between the bodies. The left one is the original body, and the right one is 29B.

How do the skin tones match up Brassco, do you notice any difference? It could just be a trick of the lighting of course, but the hands & feet on yours look like a better match to the body than mine... colour me confuzzled.

Oh, and how does she move? The arms are a little stiff on mine, still - but that could just be because they're shorter and plumper than usual.

I'm beginning to wonder if I have a unique one! Which is a great excuse to buy another one in a month or two...

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
GeeWillikers wrote:The "The Pro" body (above) is a standard S21 (but with unique paint detailing), I think. And yeah, you're right - that head would look so much better on a shorter, plumper body.

ThePhotogsBlog wrote:I can't wait to get mine!

I think you'll be very pleased, it's a near-match to the S24 in height with a much more realistic physique. Also much more proportionally-realistic when standing side-by-side with a male figure. Still too muscular to be 'buxom' and too well-built and busty to be entirely 'average', but we're slowly heading towards 'normal'.

And yet another 'other thing I've just noticed' - the skin tone of this particular suntan model S29 I have actually has a very, very slight 'red-ish' tinge, and that is what is making the difference in hands & feet to body so much more noticeable to me. I figured this out after replacing the hands with ones which are a smoother match, and which had been too 'red' for other TBL suntan bodies. Still working on finding some replacement feet.

Thinking about it, if its deliberate then this new suntan variant might be some kind of response to the Jiaou New Wheat body tone - I'll have to do some comparison work later.  I suppose it remains to be seen if this is the 'new TBL standard suntan' or just unique to this particular first batch of S29s (or just unique to this particular figure of mine!).

I ordered a pale one, so I won't be able to answer that, but I'll be sure to check the hands and feet against the skin and the skin tone against my other skin tone models. I'm not that worried about the hands and feet not matching too perfectly as this figure will join my "Pin-Up Patrol" lineup and while she'll wear a skimpy uniform, her feet will be covered by boots and I may replace the hands with gloved hands.

I like the idea that the height is close to the S24. I have one of those and I like the height and I want as much as possible as the figure representing the leader of the group, an S22 be the tallest in the bunch.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
When I get mine, which will be a pale, I'll do a photo comparison between it and my other figures under carefully controlled lighting and post the pics. There are a few things to note about the pics I've seen so far that need to be addressed and chief among them is that the light is both weak and uneven. Another factor is that the lighting appears to have color casts from the environment in which the photos are taken and I'll try to address this through the use of neutral backgrounds.

Overall, the figure looks very nice and I'm eager to get mine. Thanks for sharing!

Peaches

Peaches
Awesome comparison, @brassco . It really shows how masculine the hips are in the older models. The new body is so much nicer! Thanks for taking those!

Sorry for being ignorant, but what comic does that superhero mom com from?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Peaches wrote:It really shows how masculine the hips are in the older models.  

Yes, exactly. This has been one of my biggest issues when it comes to the tbleague bodies, especially those almost cartoonishly muscular/busty ones. I have nothing against muscular ladies, but ugh...those tiny hips! Not only does it make them look overly top heavy, but also highly unrealistic. I have always found it rather distracting, and not in a good way. It's simply not how we are physically structured. Of course, some of the other tbleague bodies are a lot better in that respect, but it still bothers me every time I see one like the s21b-esque body above.

But yeah, that comparison pic is great and I'm happy that this new body exists, as it seems so much more 'natural' and less exaggerated in its proportions from what I've seen. There are still some minor gripes I have with it, such as the rather thick/pudgy wrists, but that's a pre-existing issue I have with several of the other tbleague bodies which are otherwise my faves (s17b, s25b, etc). But it's going on my wishlist for sure, and I'm very much looking forward to eventually deciding on a figure to use it for! Smile

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
I'm thinking that the clearly wider hips an waist of this figure will not only allow, but probably necessitate using trousers, especially military ones, originally intended for male figures. If this is the case; if male trousers fit well on this figure, then that will be very welcome as there are a lot more parted out sets on the market intended for male figures than female ones. I look forward to testing this hypothesis.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum