OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Flagset Quality

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

17 - Flagset Quality  Empty Flagset Quality Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:16 pm

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
hi guys

just wondering on the quality of the Flagset PLA figures? I am looking to buy the PLA Marine in the blue digital Camo....just wondering if anyone has it, or knows general quality? They look pretty solid figures and I have loose winter uniforms from the Border Guard which seem good....anyone help? How do they compare to DAM?

https://www.hellblazerbiz.com

27 - Flagset Quality  Empty Re: Flagset Quality Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:45 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Someone else would have to answer that fully, as I don't have any complete Flagset sets. I do have a number of their parted out pieces, like heads, necks, etc., and they seem to be right up there in quality.

37 - Flagset Quality  Empty Re: Flagset Quality Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:44 am

Peaches

Peaches
I have a female I got to part out. She was fantastic and it was hard to get myself to 'ruin' her. I should try a review of what I've got, but until then, she seems more substantial than other bodies I've bought and the other things are amazing. Jumper so detailed, real zippers everywhere but not bulky, helmet, great... Cool resperator (she was the Chinese pilot) side arm and holster we're nicely done. I'm not the most experienced but for what I paid to what I got, it seemed top quality.

47 - Flagset Quality  Empty Re: Flagset Quality Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:46 pm

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
thanks for the responses guys. I have decided to take the plunge on the Flagset PLA Marine. Crazy uniform, but looks unique and my research has intrigued me on these guys

57 - Flagset Quality  Empty Re: Flagset Quality Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:26 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I had a Flagset boxed set of one of their female figures -- I sold it to PitViper. From what I hear, he likes it, and he's one of our military enthusiasts. I don't know how often he checks in here, but you could always PM him and see what he thinks first hand.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

7 - Flagset Quality  C8485110

67 - Flagset Quality  Empty Re: Flagset Quality Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:54 am

PitViper

PitViper
Stryker2011 wrote:I had a Flagset boxed set of one of their female figures -- I sold it to PitViper. From what I hear, he likes it, and he's one of our military enthusiasts. I don't know how often he checks in here, but you could always PM him and see what he thinks first hand.

I bought the Flagset Multicam Female Hunter Special Forces "Angela" (the name's way too long...) from Stryker2011 and I must say I'm quite happy with it. The HS is way cool. The figure's body is on the thin side but the clothes fit well. All of the gear is high quality, even the cloth boots, which I've never been a fan of, are excellent. There's only a few things that I don't like about it: a headset with mic was included, but not a radio (???), and the multicam shirt is too short on the figure's torso. I fixed the shirt issue with a body armor vest that covers her midsection.

Overall I do like this figure a lot and will give it an 8.5 out of 10 points. I'll gladly buy other sets from Flagset; several years ago I bought one of their first figures, the US Army Special Forces Group (73002) and the quality of their products has improved. In fact I have both the Israeli "Sayeret Matkal" Special Forces Syria Investigation Team and the 75th Ranger Regiment Reconnaissance Team in Afghanistan in my "To Buy" list.

77 - Flagset Quality  Empty Re: Flagset Quality Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:51 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I knew PitViper would be the guy to ask. Thanks for chiming in, PV.

87 - Flagset Quality  Empty Re: Flagset Quality Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:14 am

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
cheers guys...and thanks Pitviper. I pre-ordered the Operation Red Sea figures from DAM as loved the film, so have a team of 8 on pre-order....4 in each uniform.

I then went back to rekindle my interest in the Chinese 1/6 military figures being released, and love them. Trying to get the Special Forces Recon guy as well from DAM. I found 2, but I do 4 man teams lol. The Flagset marine in oceanic #7 uniform really looks different. I even bought some paint to paint my battered/modified hasbro humvee in the blue shades as per Chinese Marine camo haha

97 - Flagset Quality  Empty Re: Flagset Quality Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:19 am

PitViper

PitViper
Stryker2011 wrote:I knew PitViper would be the guy to ask. Thanks for chiming in, PV.

Not a problem my friend. Always happy to help.

107 - Flagset Quality  Empty Re: Flagset Quality Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:10 am

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
I'll post some pictures soon, but just to say I received 2 Flagset Snow Leopard Commando figures and I am VERY impressed. What you see on the promo shots is what you receive.

The body is a little weird, but not bad...although I switched for a DAM muscle one, as I prefer them and Soldier Story...I also replaced the boots, which were the only thing I didn't quite like. Sculpt is good, quality on uniform is superb as is equipment. Will do comparison with the DAM version which is en route. Although, I recently got the chinese recon guy from DAM and a bit dissapointed

Would happily buy Flagset again, and soon

117 - Flagset Quality  Empty Re: Flagset Quality Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:31 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
lurpdog101 wrote:I'll post some pictures soon, but just to say I received 2 Flagset Snow Leopard Commando figures and I am VERY impressed. What you see on the promo shots is what you receive.

The body is a little weird, but not bad...although I switched for a DAM muscle one, as I prefer them and Soldier Story...I also replaced the boots, which were the only thing I didn't quite like. Sculpt is good, quality on uniform is superb as is equipment. Will do comparison with the DAM version which is en route. Although, I recently got the chinese recon guy from DAM and a bit dissapointed

Would happily buy Flagset again, and soon

Glad to hear you like it. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

127 - Flagset Quality  Empty Re: Flagset Quality Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:27 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Glad you're happy with taking that leap.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum