OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tiny Tina's Misadventures

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1onetwelve - Tiny Tina's Misadventures Empty Tiny Tina's Misadventures Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:28 am

Adeno

I finally got my TBLeague 1/12 Suntan lady after ordering her last month "in stock", but it actually wasn't so I had to wait over a month for it. Anyway, she's pretty adorable and fun to play with! Articulation almost feels the same as a normal TBLeague body but it seems to be missing the ability to rotate from the elbow and it only moves from the shoulder. Oh well.

I also noticed it doesn't have an instruction manual, just like the newer TBLeague releases. From what I remember, the instructions on the original Phicen/TBLeague steel bodies include never bending the elbows and knees more than 90 degrees or fully bend them to the extreme or else you could risk breaking a joint or ripping/tearing the skin. I wonder how many people have damaged their big and small TBLeague stuff because they didn't know they weren't supposed to do that.

Anyway since she's small, I just named her Tiny Tina haha Smile

onetwelve - Tiny Tina's Misadventures C1iwTYo

Tina was just hanging out at a small resort when suddenly...

onetwelve - Tiny Tina's Misadventures UaUjPk8

The apocalypse happened!

onetwelve - Tiny Tina's Misadventures XYk8V9G

After trying to scavenge for food and supplies, she ended up in a forest and found a mask instead.

onetwelve - Tiny Tina's Misadventures YLWjxGH

Fortunately, the world wasn't truly destroyed and Thor appeared to rescue her from the forest. Thor tried his hardest to keep eye contact with her.

onetwelve - Tiny Tina's Misadventures THOKLNs

Unfortunately, Captain Marvel showed up and Tina got scared because Captain Marvel kept pressuring her to watch her movie "or else".

onetwelve - Tiny Tina's Misadventures GPruoQS

Tina found a xenomorph stealthing around so she rode it to safety, far away from Captain Marvel.

onetwelve - Tiny Tina's Misadventures VlRI4yP

After a few days, Tina began adventuring again and found a giant bottle of Nyquil. She tried drinking some but the little dosage cup fell on her head.

onetwelve - Tiny Tina's Misadventures UsIdQZ2

She couldn't open the bottle so she just used the dosage cup as a mini bathtub!

onetwelve - Tiny Tina's Misadventures YAUMGJr

Tina is athletic, so she started working out and doing stunts on water bottles.

onetwelve - Tiny Tina's Misadventures PoBcmah

Her training was interrupted when an elephant that was part of a nearby wedding's show suddenly showed up.

onetwelve - Tiny Tina's Misadventures FD1KACZ

Curious, Tina decided to see if she can eat some free food at the wedding.

onetwelve - Tiny Tina's Misadventures PkSeYgv

The groom, bedazzled by Tina's beauty, betrayed his newly wed wife on their wedding day to flirt and give Tina some food! Don't worry, Tina declined his advances but ate the food.

onetwelve - Tiny Tina's Misadventures IagpP1p

After getting her fill, Tina started doing sexy poses for no apparent reason, just like always. Smile

#tbleague #onetwelve #suntan

2onetwelve - Tiny Tina's Misadventures Empty Re: Tiny Tina's Misadventures Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:44 am

doodlehobby

Nice. I'm gathering some additional accessories for my T01A. I have a few loose parts I still need to find and put together for a fantasy figure. The only real thing that bothers me about this figure are the arms (at least on my copy). LOL

3onetwelve - Tiny Tina's Misadventures Empty Re: Tiny Tina's Misadventures Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:10 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I like how your new acquisition just delved into some adventures right away and that you were there to document them. Funny, I got Thor at the same time, too, but I don't think mine ever met. I also thought it hilarious that Captain Marvel should scare off Thor and pressure Tina to the point where the latter had to flee to safety riding an Alien xenomorph (it does say a whole lot!).

4onetwelve - Tiny Tina's Misadventures Empty Re: Tiny Tina's Misadventures Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:32 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I love these! as always your little reviews of these smaller figures are so much fun! Thank you for sharing....I think she looks great! Very Happy

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

5onetwelve - Tiny Tina's Misadventures Empty Re: Tiny Tina's Misadventures Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:43 pm

Adeno

Haha thanks Smile

Hmm I think she could cosplay as Tifa from Final Fantasy. She just needs a little tube top, black shorts with suspenders I think, gloves and boots/shoes Surprised

Oh well time to work, have a good day everyone Smile

onetwelve - Tiny Tina's Misadventures AzBmhdK

onetwelve - Tiny Tina's Misadventures NMQ15rp

6onetwelve - Tiny Tina's Misadventures Empty Re: Tiny Tina's Misadventures Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:05 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah, she definitely looks perfect for that character -- it's what I thought when I first saw her, too! : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

7onetwelve - Tiny Tina's Misadventures Empty Re: Tiny Tina's Misadventures Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:35 am

Peaches

Peaches
Oh you're lucky, @Adeno, I ordered mine January 1 and I still haven't got them Evil or Very Mad

RE: the bending of joints, I have taken them to the extreme and have had no tears or anything. I always put them away straight though. Could the issues be in the older bodies that did not have a steel skeleton?

8onetwelve - Tiny Tina's Misadventures Empty Re: Tiny Tina's Misadventures Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:57 am

Adeno

Peaches wrote:Oh you're lucky, @Adeno, I ordered mine January 1 and I still haven't got them Evil or Very Mad  

RE: the bending of joints, I have taken them to the extreme and have had no tears or anything.  I always put them away straight though.  Could the issues be in the older bodies that did not have a steel skeleton?

Shocked If it's January then maybe it's time to file a claim, that's too long! Maybe there's another shop that has her in stock already.

For extreme bending, I noticed that for example, on the elbow, if you bend it too far, the silicon skin seems to become lighter at the point of the elbow that you'd see the steel mechanism inside. If abused too much, it'll tear Sad

Also I'm not sure if the joints used nowadays for elbows and knees are double jointed. If they are not and they're still single joints, then bending them too far can cause the elbow or knee joint to snap Crying or Very sad

Fortunately Tiny Tina seems to be able to bend elbows and knees quite far, I just don't feel safe going too far haha Smile

9onetwelve - Tiny Tina's Misadventures Empty Re: Tiny Tina's Misadventures Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:16 pm

doodlehobby

The elbows and knees on the stainless steel bodies are single jointed frames. I believe their older plastic frames were double jointed IIRC. The plastic frames were easier to break due to the material used and design. The elbows on them used to break often that they reinforced them in their later versions with a small steel plate at the joint. I did have one plastic body break on me due to a manufacturing flaw at the upper bicep swivel.

However, the stainless steel frames are definitely much more durable (for obvious reasons). However, you are more prone to damaging the silicone skin than the frame itself.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum