OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Product Review: Play Toy MB001 and Ip Man Headsculpt Set

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Adeno

Pros: Play Toy MB001 body follows the standard 1/6 body style so it has most of all the modern day articulation to be expected, Ip Man headsculpt set has a wonderful paintjob, useful hands, butterfly swords are made of metal, clothes and pants look nice.

Cons: Play Toy MB001 has a somewhat loose right foot that should be fixable with Pledge Floor Care, Ip Man's clothes are hard to hook into place due to tiny hook size, Ip Man's shoes have trouble fitting on MB001's feet so you have to force them and loosen them up. Ip Man's neck adapter is a little loose on the MB001 neck join so it needs some putty or clay to tighten up.

Full Review Here Smile

playtoy - Product Review: Play Toy MB001 and Ip Man Headsculpt Set 00-ipman

playtoy - Product Review: Play Toy MB001 and Ip Man Headsculpt Set 01-ipman

playtoy - Product Review: Play Toy MB001 and Ip Man Headsculpt Set 13-ipman

#playtoy #mb001 #ipman #head #male #review #productreview

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Good review,

That body does look quite good and is another that follows the Enterbay ankle design. I prefer it to the HT style, and, provided the joints are tight, you can get good stances.

Ip Man actually taught the young Bruce all he knew, Bruce then adapted that into Jeet Kune Do, the style he was famous for.

A good alternative to the Play Toy body is the Ganghood Asian body, though I haven't had one of those yet.

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you for the review, the recap, and the photos!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Good review and fair. Thanks for posting.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

playtoy - Product Review: Play Toy MB001 and Ip Man Headsculpt Set C8485110

Adeno

Thanks! Smile

Yeah I loved the Ip Man movie series. I consider it as the Once Upon a Time in China of the 2000s.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Never got round to the other 2 movies, really should though. I'm surprised nobody ever made a figure of the Japanese officer he fights at the end of the first movie. He had such a great look and was really imposing next to Donnie.

CHEERS!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum