OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 15]

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Update: Part II here; Part III here; Part IV here; Part V here; Part VI here; Part VII here; Part VIII here; Part IX here; Part X here; Part XI here; Part XII here; Part XIII here; Part XIV here; Part XV here; Part XVI here; Part XVII here; Part XVIII here; Part XIX here; Part XX here; Part XXI here; Part XXII here; Part XXIII here; Part XXIV here; Part XXV here; Part XXVI here; Part XXVII here; Part XXVIII here; Part XXIX here; Part XXX here.

Part I: Some Shirts and Shorts

Since the subject keeps coming up and their size and texture present a specific set of little challenges, I thought I can start a clothing thread for TBLeague/Phicen or similar seamless bodies. In line with the question I was recently trying to answer in another thread, I start with a few products specifically advertised to fit the male bodies, but not produced by TBLeague itself.

XRF has produced four sets of vaguely military basic outfits for larger (M34-M35) TBLeague male seamless bodies. Be advised that the actual product differs to some extent from the promotional images, but is of decent quality and works. In fact, it works also on smaller bodies like M30 and M33 (as shown below), although you might want to futz with it so it is not too obvious it is a bit too large for them. In the photos below, M30 and M35 are wearing XRF XM01A (shirt, pants, boots), M33 is wearing XRF XM02B (shirt, pants, boots), and M34 is wearing ACE tiger stripe pants from eBay seller green-tiger (there is also a khaki version, among others) and boots from an older CM Toys set.

TBLeague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 Clothm10

TBLeague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 Clothm11

TBLeague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 Clothm12

Then a package with a bunch of other clothing advertised to fit TBLeague seamless male bodies showed up, from eBay seller worldgoco. These include all the clothing in the photo below.

TBLeague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 Clothm13

More of their "printed" t-shirts (which may be the work of Moe Toys) can be seen in the Super Gym photo story HERE and below (on M33).

TBLeague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 Clothm14

Hope this is of some help, although it is obviously one small set of ideas for clothing these bodies.

#clothing #male #tbleague #phicen #kitbash

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Great idea for a thread, GF! And already your photos are proving very educational — thank you! : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Great idea for a thread, GF! And already your photos are proving very educational — thank you! : )

Thank you very much! Glad it is useful.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice review. These guys look good with the proper attire.

I’ve been finding it difficult to find boot cut jeans for male figures — seems all they make in 1/6 are those ridiculous skinny jeans these kids wear today. I wear either motorcycle boots, work boots, or cowboy boots (yeah, I’m a bit of a “redneck” in my attire), and I can always have my pants over them — tactical pants are the only ones I’ve found that work.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

TBLeague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 C8485110

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
Great post indeed!!! Phicen body is lacking suits and clothing,as people keep emphasizing to show out muscles.......but I think there are some people like me.....love the full articulations over the "silicon" appearance and trying to get clothes for them as a normal plastic body...or may be I am to stubborn for that...but the feeling between plastic and seamless body with clothing.....are really different..What a Face

https://www.deviantart.com/lawlaw91

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I agree with you, lawlaw -- there is a huge difference between how clothing feels and 'sits' on the tbleague bodies vs. the regular hard plastic or even rubber jointed bodies. It's very interesting. Sometimes I think clothes look better on tbleague bodies, but then sometimes I think they look too bulky...I guess it depends on the style, fabric, fit, etc.

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
skywalkersaga wrote:I agree with you, lawlaw -- there is a huge difference between how clothing feels and 'sits' on the tbleague bodies vs. the regular hard plastic or even rubber jointed bodies. It's very interesting. Sometimes I think clothes look better on tbleague bodies, but then sometimes I think they look too bulky...I guess it depends on the style, fabric, fit, etc.

It is just because the cloth manufacturers are making clothes for narrow body all the time.....but now situation is better.....at least military uniforms and some basic T-shirts are working well with phicen......bounce

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice review. These guys look good with the proper attire. I’ve been finding it difficult to find boot cut jeans for male figures...

Thank you, glad you liked them. And I agree about the boot cut jeans, but see the next post for a couple of ideas.

lawlaw91 wrote:Great post indeed!!! Phicen body is lacking suits and clothing,as people keep emphasizing to show out muscles.......but I think there are some people like me.....love the full articulations over the "silicon" appearance and trying to get clothes for them as a normal plastic body...or may be I am to stubborn for that...but the feeling between plastic and seamless body with clothing.....are really different..What a Face

You are not alone -- others have pointed out that clothing sits more naturally on these bodies, too, and for many that is important enough to forego using the easier to clothe (and less expensive to acquire) hard plastic jointed bodies. I fall somewhere in-between, in part because I worry a lot about potential staining and, having commitment issues, don't want to get stuck with a body forever relegated to a specific look because another would reveal the stain damage. That said, the products shown above do not seem to cause any staining, although I admit that I did not keep them on the figures long enough to be sure, and I had purposely chosen them to minimize the risk, avoiding (for example) the XRF black clothing set.

skywalkersaga wrote:I agree with you, lawlaw -- there is a huge difference between how clothing feels and 'sits' on the tbleague bodies vs. the regular hard plastic or even rubber jointed bodies. It's very interesting. Sometimes I think clothes look better on tbleague bodies, but then sometimes I think they look too bulky...I guess it depends on the style, fabric, fit, etc.

I agree -- some work better than others, perhaps depending on how exactly were they designed. If something was designed with padding to look right on a thin hard plastic jointed body, it would probably work bulky on a TBLeague or Jiaou. But usually the seamless bodies fill out these outfits to their limit (or beyond). Smile

lawlaw91 wrote:It is just because the cloth manufacturers are making clothes for narrow body all the time.....but now situation is better.....at least military uniforms and some basic T-shirts are working well with phicen......bounce  

There will be some others I will add further below.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Part II: Boot Cut Jeans

In response to Mark/Stryker2011's complaint about the absence of boot cut jeans in 1/6, I did some experimenting with a couple of jeans that I had acquired recently. You can see the results below: they work with boots, and can drape over them. The two options are not equal. Both are a very tight fit on an M33 body (and so probably impossible for M34 and M35), and the lighter option could barely accommodate the width of the boot underneath. The darker option was a much easier fit for the boot. When looking at these, also remember that M33 comes with the optional ankle extenders which I absolutely refuse to use (unless I permanently dedicated an M33 to a specific look that obscured that part of the body), and these jeans are long enough (especially the lighter option) that using the ankle extenders might make sense and possibly produce even better results. Then again, if you want to have a biker on a motorcycle, since these tend to be a tad underscaled, you might not want to make the legs any longer than absolutely necessary.

Both bodies are M33. The light jeans are by MAK (M.A.K) though they were being sold unbranded as "Light Blue Jeans Long Pants Model 1/6 scale Male Costume Accessories" by some eBay sellers. The dark jeans are from the OneToys (and World Box) OT006 (or OT006A) Deluxe (or regular) King (or Street) Fighter set. The boots I used for the experiment were from the XRF XM01A set shown in the original post of this thread/topic.

TBLeague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 Clothm15

TBLeague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 Clothm16

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Excellent. Thanks for the extra bits on the jeans.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

TBLeague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Excellent. Thanks for the extra bits on the jeans.

Thank you and welcome! Hope it will be useful for your kitbashes.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ooh, I think those look quite good, GF -- thanks for sharing, or I'd never have guessed they would work on those.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Ooh, I think those look quite good, GF -- thanks for sharing, or I'd never have guessed they would work on those.

You are very welcome. I guess it is all about experimenting. I wasn't specifically thinking about this when I picked them up, but I am glad they can work with boots like that.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Part III: Magic Cube Toys / MC Toys / Super MC Toys underwear and military style summer outfit sets

Magic Cube has been producing basic and not so basic outfit sets for both male and female figures for a long while now. While these were not specifically designed for Phicen / TBLeague figures, they have worked very well on them from the start (you can see several examples in my M30 and M31 product review HERE). Surprisingly, the very same sets (and later additions, too) appear to work very well even with the newer, larger seamless bodies like M34 and M35, as you can see below with representative examples from their underwear and military style summer outfit sets. For the hats included in the military style summer outfit sets, whether they would fit depends both on the specific hat and on the size of the head. A definite plus in my book is the user-friendly nature of the belts and belt buckles that came with the summer outfit sets.

M34 is wearing Magic Cube underwear set F-058D (as you can see, Calvins); M35 is wearing Magic Cube military style summer outfit set M-047B (which also includes the baseball cap); the boots are from the XRF XM01A set, as above.

TBLeague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 Clothm17

TBLeague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 Clothm18

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Damn GubernatorFan, you doing these reviews and comparisons is straight up heroic, and hugely appreciated. It's a big help having these as a resource, whether for the fit of a particular line, or just for general comparison of these seamless bodies. And the fact that they're always done with a bit of personality and humor just makes it all the better.

I've also been meaning to pick up that head your M33 is rocking in the 1st pics, and seeing it "in the wild" so to speak may have sealed the deal.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ReverendSpooky wrote:Damn GubernatorFan, you doing these reviews and comparisons is straight up heroic, and hugely appreciated.  It's a big help having these as a resource, whether for the fit of a particular line, or just for general comparison of these seamless bodies.  And the fact that they're always done with a bit of personality and humor just makes it all the better.

I've also been meaning to pick up that head your M33 is rocking in the 1st pics, and seeing it "in the wild" so to speak may have sealed the deal.  

Thank you very much. Glad you find them useful and/or somewhat entertaining (especially since my good humor has been wearing thin in recent weeks). If you mean the Sully head, I can certainly see it fitting in in your post-apocalyptic scenario or some of your other kitbashes.

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
I like the jeans on M33....but I am curious, can it pose with such thick pants on?~

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Part IV: Jeans and Articulation

lawlaw91 wrote:I like the jeans on M33....but I am curious, can it pose with such thick pants on?~

Yes, they can (see photo below). The left one can also sit fine, it was just that the little office chair was too low and too fragile to show it seated properly.

TBLeague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 Clothm19

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
GubernatorFan wrote:
lawlaw91 wrote:I like the jeans on M33....but I am curious, can it pose with such thick pants on?~

Yes, they can (see photo below). The left one can also sit fine, it was just that the little office chair was too low and too fragile to show it seated properly.

TBLeague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 Clothm19

Amazing!~~Then I could invest some jeans for them too.......

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, is that a Tom Hardy headsculpt with the beard? He's gorgeous!

I can't tell who the other sculpt is from this angle, but it looks like he's having a fierce 'Devil Went Down to Georgia' type competition, while the other guy is just there for a super chill jam session. ;D

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 15]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum