OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Phicen/TB League Posing Compilation (Messing with Seamless Family!)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

lawlaw91

Ephiane wrote:Fantastic Poses and Figures ! Welcome to the forum, lawlaw.

lawlaw91 wrote:

The kick pose need patience and time to make her standing without a stand...it is possible to do a standing kick.....she can...

Phicen/TB League Posing Compilation (Messing with Seamless Family!) - Page 3 Dscf9911

I think it is the steel skeleton that makes poses like this possible. This here i made long time ago without a stand to. Like to see more of Your work

Phicen/TB League Posing Compilation (Messing with Seamless Family!) - Page 3 Fdf63512

Amazing scene!!~ya true, there is only seamless figure can make more great poses than plastics....... alien

https://www.deviantart.com/lawlaw91

lawlaw91

MerylAkiba wrote:Your version of Quiet looks better than the game. Was this version the head that comes with the outfit? Van Damme looks incredible sleeveless.

brassco wrote:wow, very nice pictures! loved all the poses! Quiet's jeans seems very fitting!

why don't we have a Best Posing Award?

cheers!

Phicen/TB League Posing Compilation (Messing with Seamless Family!) - Page 3 -5456810

This is the one I am using for her.......if you guys are looking for it..... cyclops

lawlaw91

Custom Character based on chinese novel "The Water Margin"

Headsculpt - Shi Zhao Qi (China Actor)
Suits - Accessories from Soul Toys (Lu Zhi Shen)
Body - Phicen M35

Let's get one Figure from martial monks......So sorry the gold stick still on the way, the chopstick is only for illustrate purpose... Laughing

Phicen/TB League Posing Compilation (Messing with Seamless Family!) - Page 3 Dscf2612

Phicen/TB League Posing Compilation (Messing with Seamless Family!) - Page 3 Dscf2614

Phicen/TB League Posing Compilation (Messing with Seamless Family!) - Page 3 Dscf2613

skywalkersaga

Very cool headsculpt and outfit, I like it!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
A very cool bash indeed!

doodlehobby

Balancing TBL bodies without a stand is possible and does require patience. The bodies do have a good weight and balance to them. It also had a good center of gravity to allow a more fluid and natural pose. I can stand a TBL on a soft bed for example. Very well built bodies.

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
skywalkersaga wrote:Very cool headsculpt and outfit, I like it!

Thanks dude!!! Very Happy

GubernatorFan wrote:A very cool bash indeed!

What a Face

doodlehobby wrote:Balancing TBL bodies without a stand is possible and does require patience. The bodies do have a good weight and balance to them. It also had a good center of gravity to allow a more fluid and natural pose. I can stand a TBL on a soft bed for example. Very well built bodies.

True....love them all time...

Peaches

Peaches
OK, now I get it! Thank you everyone for explaining it to me Very Happy All these pictures are amazing, and I'm getting the desire for seamless bodies for my boys now (ugh!) LOL. They are so amazing to pose. Being such a newb, I started with Phicen bodies, and have yet to play as much with my other bodies, and hope they'll do at least 80% of what the seamless can do?!

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
Peaches wrote:OK, now I get it!  Thank you everyone for explaining it to me Very Happy  All these pictures are amazing, and I'm getting the desire for seamless bodies for my boys now (ugh!)  LOL.  They are so amazing to pose.  Being such a newb, I started with Phicen bodies, and have yet to play as much with my other bodies, and hope they'll do at least 80% of what the seamless can do?!

Thanks for the compliment........ Laughing cannot wait for your poses compilation too..... rabbit

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Peaches wrote:OK, now I get it!  Thank you everyone for explaining it to me Very Happy  All these pictures are amazing, and I'm getting the desire for seamless bodies for my boys now (ugh!)  LOL.  They are so amazing to pose.  Being such a newb, I started with Phicen bodies, and have yet to play as much with my other bodies, and hope they'll do at least 80% of what the seamless can do?!

It's ok, Peaches... I am still a newb myself and have many non-seamless bodies. I don't personally view tbleague as the 'only' choice for 1/6 bodies, though I can understand and respect those who do. If posing and/or 'realism' is the hugest focus, then yes, I get it, they do have an edge over others in that regard. But I still have many uses for the regular jointed bodies. Especially when you want to make a figure but can't afford to pay so much for the body....it sucks to have to wait months to save up for tbleague bodies just to be able to go ahead with a figure. Not to mention many good figures come with jointed bodies, rather than seamless. Some may not like Hot Toys for how pricey they can be, but I do think their quality is quite high, especially on the headsculpts and clothing and accessories. Their bodies are decent, and I find their solutions for padding the bodies in various ways to achieve on-screen accuracy very interesting. Only downside is sometimes the joints can get a bit loose. Other brands have more durable jointed bodies, many of which are quite poseable, such as DAM and WorldBox for male figures. VeryCool and PopToys are two that have pretty good jointed female bodies. Only areas where they fall short is often in the shoulders, hip swivel, and back.... it's harder to make those areas hold poses without the metal skeleton. Though I have a DamToys Natalia female jointed body that can move its shoulders and back quite well, not as great as a tbleague, but it's still very poseable. And in terms of these jointed bodies standing on their own, they can definitely do so, but because they are much lighter than tbleague bodies, they need some weight or stability on their feet ...certain types of boots help with this. Though some jointed bodies stand perfectly fine on their own even without boots or shoes -- both my COOmodel male bodies stand fine, as do my PopToys female bodies.

Sorry for the ramble, I just think that it's all well and good to promote the awesome possibilities of tbleague bodies, and I'm glad to see such wonderful examples here, but always bear in mind that not everyone can afford to make all their figures like this, nor are tbleague bodies always suitable for every single type of figure or character.

For those who like to do kitbashes for photography purposes, I do think they make the perfect mini-models. But some people focus more on re-creating specific fictional characters, and there are not yet enough varieties, in either skintone or body size and shape, to always be able to use a tbleague or other type of seamless body and still retain accuracy and faithfulness to the character. And yes, they can be modified and even coloured, but sometimes making major modifications to the bodies for every single character is just too prohibitive, not to mention again the cost factors.

I'm extremely grateful for these bodies existing, as they have indeed pushed the boundaries of this hobby, and it's exciting to see what people can do with them. I just wanted to remind folks though not to totally dismiss non-seamless bodies -- even if you don't personally use them anymore, others still do. Sometimes they don't have any other viable options. : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
skywalkersaga wrote:

It's ok, Peaches... I am still a newb myself and have many non-seamless bodies. I don't personally view tbleague as the 'only' choice for 1/6 bodies, though I can understand and respect those who do. If posing and/or 'realism' is the hugest focus, then yes, I get it, they do have an edge over others in that regard. But I still have many uses for the regular jointed bodies. Especially when you want to make a figure but can't afford to pay so much for the body....it sucks to have to wait months to save up for tbleague bodies just to be able to go ahead with a figure. Not to mention many good figures come with jointed bodies, rather than seamless. Some may not like Hot Toys for how pricey they can be, but I do think their quality is quite high, especially on the headsculpts and clothing and accessories. Their bodies are decent, and I find their solutions for padding the bodies in various ways to achieve on-screen accuracy very interesting. Only downside is sometimes the joints can get a bit loose. Other brands have more durable jointed bodies, many of which are quite poseable, such as DAM and WorldBox for male figures. VeryCool and PopToys are two that have pretty good jointed female bodies. Only areas where they fall short is often in the shoulders, hip swivel, and back.... it's harder to make those areas hold poses without the metal skeleton. Though I have a DamToys Natalia female jointed body that can move its shoulders and back quite well, not as great as a tbleague, but it's still very poseable. And in terms of these jointed bodies standing on their own, they can definitely do so, but because they are much lighter than tbleague bodies, they need some weight or stability on their feet ...certain types of boots help with this. Though some jointed bodies stand perfectly fine on their own even without boots or shoes -- both my COOmodel male bodies stand fine, as do my PopToys female bodies.

Sorry for the ramble, I just think that it's all well and good to promote the awesome possibilities of tbleague bodies, and I'm glad to see such wonderful examples here, but always bear in mind that not everyone can afford to make all their figures like this, nor are tbleague bodies always suitable for every single type of figure or character.

For those who like to do kitbashes for photography purposes, I do think they make the perfect mini-models. But some people focus more on re-creating specific fictional characters, and there are not yet enough varieties, in either skintone or body size and shape, to always be able to use a tbleague or other type of seamless body and still retain accuracy and faithfulness to the character. And yes, they can be modified and even coloured, but sometimes making major modifications to the bodies for every single character is just too prohibitive, not to mention again the cost factors.

I'm extremely grateful for these bodies existing, as they have indeed pushed the boundaries of this hobby, and it's exciting to see what people can do with them. I just wanted to remind folks though not to totally dismiss non-seamless bodies -- even if you don't personally use them anymore, others still do. Sometimes they don't have any other viable options. : )

You got the point!~yeah Phicen/TB League is a good figure brand on the market but it cost much more than normal plastic bodies......I had 3 plastic figures with me, ZC Toys, Ganghood and World Box, they are nice figures too.....maybe I could do another thread about 3 of them too..... Twisted Evil

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Sure, would love to see! You've got great photography and posing skills -- I'm sure you can make those bodies look good, too! Very Happy

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
skywalkersaga wrote:Sure, would love to see! You've got great photography and posing skills -- I'm sure you can make those bodies look good, too! Very Happy

Very Happy Thank you for the support!! And meanwhile......Damn, I am so stress about the quality for the thread.... Laughing XDD

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
lawlaw91 wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Sure, would love to see! You've got great photography and posing skills -- I'm sure you can make those bodies look good, too! Very Happy

Very Happy Thank you for the support!! And meanwhile......Damn, I am so stress about the quality for the thread.... Laughing XDD

Aww, lol, well no pressure! :'D

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
Let's try the formal suit (Toy Center CEN-M04) for the mighty M35 body!!!

Phicen/TB League Posing Compilation (Messing with Seamless Family!) - Page 3 Dscf0910

Phicen/TB League Posing Compilation (Messing with Seamless Family!) - Page 3 Dscf1011

Phicen/TB League Posing Compilation (Messing with Seamless Family!) - Page 3 Dscf1010

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That looks really good! and I like how you have his hands in his pockets... a great touch. : D

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
skywalkersaga wrote:That looks really good! and I like how you have his hands in his pockets... a great touch. : D

Tell you this....just take off the wrists What a Face ....

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
These larger suit sets were a great idea and work very well. I, too, discovered that taking off the hands is the best way to show them tucked into pockets. Surprisingly simple and effective, if disingenuous solution.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Haha, well it works! Very Happy

The amount of times I have not put actual feet into rubber boots .... ;p

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
GubernatorFan wrote:These larger suit sets were a great idea and work very well. I, too, discovered that taking off the hands is the best way to show them tucked into pockets. Surprisingly simple and effective, if disingenuous solution.

skywalkersaga wrote:Haha, well it works! Very Happy

The amount of times I have not put actual feet into rubber boots .... ;p

Ya, it is too risky to tear off the pants if keep pushing the hands in it....and some of the pants even come with fake pockets.....no hole at all.... Laughing

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
Any thoughts? Laughing

Just looked up some portraits and decide to do some black and white shots.....

Any thoughts? Laughing

Phicen/TB League Posing Compilation (Messing with Seamless Family!) - Page 3 Dscf2712

Phicen/TB League Posing Compilation (Messing with Seamless Family!) - Page 3 Dscf2710

Phicen/TB League Posing Compilation (Messing with Seamless Family!) - Page 3 Dscf2711

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
Some more black and white

Phicen/TB League Posing Compilation (Messing with Seamless Family!) - Page 3 Dscf2713

Phicen/TB League Posing Compilation (Messing with Seamless Family!) - Page 3 Dscf8915

Phicen/TB League Posing Compilation (Messing with Seamless Family!) - Page 3 Dscf2714

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nicely done. These two are my favorites, as they effectively use light and shadow to convey that sense of what Black&White can do for setting and mood; they remind me of the Glamour photos of the 40s-50s and Film Noir.

Phicen/TB League Posing Compilation (Messing with Seamless Family!) - Page 3 Dscf2711
Phicen/TB League Posing Compilation (Messing with Seamless Family!) - Page 3 Dscf2710

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Phicen/TB League Posing Compilation (Messing with Seamless Family!) - Page 3 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Same here! Was just going to say some of those were quite 'noir-ish'. Smile Beautifully done. : )

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
Stryker2011 wrote:Nicely done. These two are my favorites, as they effectively use light and shadow to convey that sense of what Black&White can do for setting and mood; they remind me of the Glamour photos of the 40s-50s and Film Noir.

skywalkersaga wrote:Same here! Was just going to say some of those were quite 'noir-ish'. Smile Beautifully done. : )

Yeah super love that kind of feeling.....today. Laughing Razz  and cannot wait to cut out 6 holes on a big paper box, take the light onto it and snap..... bounce

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
They did come out very artistic.

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
GubernatorFan wrote:They did come out very artistic.

I really started to love deep with Phicens.......

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Great B&W images!

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Great B&W images!  

Glad you like them....more to go.... What a Face

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next