OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: EXECUTIVE REPLICAS METROPOLIS – MASCHINENMENSCH METAL 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE (Maria)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The Metropolis Robot AKA False Maria AKA Maschinenmensch is one of the most iconic robots in film history and one of the first robots depicted in cinema. It is also a historic piece of science fiction history. Elegant in design, The Maschinenmensch replication used all modern technology and ALL reference material available to achieve the final product. Every effort was put into making this figure a genuinely collectible ART piece to guarantee to go up in value.

Parts list :

1 set of armor: The armor includes the following:
1 x faceplate
1 x back of the head plate
1 x front torso
1 x back torso
1 x right bicep
1 x left bicep
1 x right forearm
1 x left forearm
1 x right hand
1 x left hand
1 x upper right thigh
1 x upper left thigh
1 x right calf section
1 x left calf section
1 x right boot
1 x left boot
6 x ribs
2 x helmet hooks
2 x shoulder front torso hooks
1 x sculpted head
1 x female seamless body (model# JQQ10C-YS)
1x black bodysuit to blend at joint openings
1 x base representing Art Deco architect – material: resin
1 x chair/throne as seen in the film – material: resin
The armor is made out of zinc alloy and painted in its original silver tone color
Including one 5"x7" numbered metal sublimation COA
High-end 4 color packaging.

Metropolis - NEW PRODUCT: EXECUTIVE REPLICAS METROPOLIS – MASCHINENMENSCH METAL 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE (Maria) Image039
Metropolis - NEW PRODUCT: EXECUTIVE REPLICAS METROPOLIS – MASCHINENMENSCH METAL 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE (Maria) Image037
Metropolis - NEW PRODUCT: EXECUTIVE REPLICAS METROPOLIS – MASCHINENMENSCH METAL 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE (Maria) Image038
Metropolis - NEW PRODUCT: EXECUTIVE REPLICAS METROPOLIS – MASCHINENMENSCH METAL 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE (Maria) Image041
Metropolis - NEW PRODUCT: EXECUTIVE REPLICAS METROPOLIS – MASCHINENMENSCH METAL 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE (Maria) Image042
Metropolis - NEW PRODUCT: EXECUTIVE REPLICAS METROPOLIS – MASCHINENMENSCH METAL 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE (Maria) Image040
Metropolis - NEW PRODUCT: EXECUTIVE REPLICAS METROPOLIS – MASCHINENMENSCH METAL 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE (Maria) Image045
Metropolis - NEW PRODUCT: EXECUTIVE REPLICAS METROPOLIS – MASCHINENMENSCH METAL 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE (Maria) Image044
Metropolis - NEW PRODUCT: EXECUTIVE REPLICAS METROPOLIS – MASCHINENMENSCH METAL 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE (Maria) Image046
Metropolis - NEW PRODUCT: EXECUTIVE REPLICAS METROPOLIS – MASCHINENMENSCH METAL 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE (Maria) Image047

#newproduct #ExecutiveReplicas #Maschinemensch #Maria #Metropolis #Female #Robot #Sci-Fi #Classic #silentmovie

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh wow!! That's definitely something very different, and I am very intrigued!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Fascinating. I really have no idea how they'll do it. I'm skeptical they'll use a seamless body, but really interested to see what it looks like when they announce it.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
A seamless robot (both in film and action figure form) is a bit of a curiosity, but they seem to reproducing the look of the thing accurately. Prepare for custom dioramas of C3-PO's wedding (to something other than R2-D2). Smile

doodlehobby

Definitely be interesting to see how this will look or how they will tackle it.

Peaches

Peaches
Now this is different! I like it!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
If this actually goes up for PO, I’m in. If you’ve never seen Metropolis, it’s worth a look. What they were able to achieve with in-camera tricks, as far as special effects, during the Silent Era is pretty remarkable. C-3PO owes a lot to the design of Maria, as Lucas himself admitted.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Metropolis - NEW PRODUCT: EXECUTIVE REPLICAS METROPOLIS – MASCHINENMENSCH METAL 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE (Maria) C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yes!! I love Metropolis and the whole retro-sci fi influence in Star Wars -- both PT and OT eras -- and would be extremely interested in this figure.

I'm curious if it would be seamless or jointed -- I know you mentioned in the Lost in Space thread that sometimes tbleague makes jointed bodies for this company.  While it would seem obvious that a 'robot' would be jointed, I guess I was just thinking that, hmm... wonder if the joints will be built in, or it would be approached more like armour on a seamless body... mimicking the concept of a real person being inside a costume, etc.

So yeah.... more than a little intrigued by this! : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

doodlehobby

I loved Metropolis (well the 'butchered' Giorgio Moroder version) and still need time to sit down and see the complete restored version.

doodlehobby

Up for PO... A whopping $500USD! Limited production of 500.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/147153

Not TBL though and seems to be using Jiaou Doll body? Only saying this as they state the model # of the body as JQQ10C-YS. Which is close to how Jiaou model # their bodies?

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
So many stupid or greedy mis-decisions, which I take kind of personally because in any rational scenario I'd be buying Maria in a heartbeat. Just in principle, making only 500 units of anything for $500 is artificially raising the price to capture only those collectors for whom money is irrelevant, where you could as easily make the same overall profit selling many more at a somewhat lesser price.

And then take into account that there is very likely not any licensing cost for a nearly 100 year old movie, made in Nazi-ish Germany.

And then consider that, for example, I just picked up the Poptoys Europa Knights figures, with way more complex armor and paint apps plus cloth robes, banners, 3 kinds of supports and bases, and many kinds of diecast weapons, for less than half the price. Really I wish that three ghosts had appeared to Executive Replicas on Christmas night; but I guess there's no fixing this depth of greed.

agentghost

agentghost
so why is this $500 listed?  is the armor 24k gold?

1/6Novice

Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:So many stupid or greedy mis-decisions, which I take kind of personally because in any rational scenario I'd be buying Maria in a heartbeat.  Just in principle, making only 500 units of anything for $500 is artificially raising the price to capture only those collectors for whom money is irrelevant, where you could as easily make the same overall profit selling many more at a somewhat lesser price.

And then take into account that there is very likely not any licensing cost for a nearly 100 year old movie, made in Nazi-ish Germany.

And then consider that, for example, I just picked up the Poptoys Europa Knights figures, with way more complex armor and paint apps plus cloth robes, banners, 3 kinds of supports and bases, and many kinds of diecast weapons, for less than half the price.   Really I wish that three ghosts had appeared to Executive Replicas on Christmas night; but I guess there's no fixing this depth of greed.

My knowledge of German history is not great, but this film came out in 1926/7. The Nazi party came to power in...1933?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metropolis_(1927_film)

Also, I believe that the director (Fritz Lang) had to flee Germany because of the Nazis as he was part Jewish.

From Wikipedia:

"At the end of 1932, Lang started filming The Testament of Dr. Mabuse. Adolf Hitler came to power in January 1933, and by March 30, the new regime banned it as an incitement to public disorder. Testament is sometimes deemed an anti-Nazi film, as Lang had put phrases used by the Nazis into the mouth of the title character. A screening of the film was cancelled by Joseph Goebbels, and it was later banned by the Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda.[14] In banning the film, Goebbels stated that the film "showed that an extremely dedicated group of people are perfectly capable of overthrowing any state with violence", and that the film posed a threat to public health and safety.[15]"

Anyway...Only 500 units? Not a TBL product? Damn, I really wanted this, I guess I'll have to sell my Hollywood Collectibles Statue of Falsch*-Maria...

*I probably got that wrong.

doodlehobby

I thought BBTS erroneously priced this like some past PO's. But then Executive Replicas had it up with MSRP of $600 USD...

@Stryker2011 might want to update the first post and title? Don't think it warrants another thread.

Here are the details from Executive Replicas:

Pre-Order/Limited to 500 Pieces Worldwide

Item Name: Metropolis – Maschinenmensch Metal 1/6 Scale Action Figure

Item No : ER2021-001

Bar Code: 614614989110

The Metropolis Robot AKA False Maria AKA Maschinenmensch is one of the most iconic robots in film history and one of the first robots depicted in cinema. It is also a historic piece of science fiction history. Elegant in design, The Maschinenmensch replication used all modern technology and ALL reference material available to achieve the final product. Every effort was put into making this figure a genuinely collectible ART piece to guarantee to go up in value.

In 1927 the film Metropolis was released, a landmark film in cinema history not only because of the subject matter or the film's cost; approx. 3 million dollars to produce, the most expensive film made at the time. It was the set design and the creation of the Maschinenmensch robot by Walter Schulze-Mittendorff'. Not only was his creation a beautiful work of art, reflecting the art-deco movement at the time, but it was one of the first robots ever depicted in film. To this date, Mittendorff's robot design still infatuates those seeing it for the first time. The robot itself could stand alone as a majestic statue to sit proudly on anyone's mantelpiece or table.

Executive Replicas Inc. brings to you the first ever licensed 1/6th scale Metropolis Maschinenmensch robot based on the silent film Metropolis. We are confident that we have achieved the Robot's most accurate representation as it was presented in the film.

The x 1/6th scale Maschinenmensch figure will include the following (Made with metal parts):

1 set of armor: The armor includes the following:

1 x faceplate

1 x back of the head plate

1 x front torso

1 x back torso

1 x right bicep

1 x left bicep

1 x right forearm

1 x left forearm

1 x right hand

1 x left hand

1 x upper right thigh

1 x upper left thigh

1 x right calf section

1 x left calf section

1 x right boot

1 x left boot

6 x ribs

2 x helmet hooks

2 x shoulder front torso hooks

1 x sculpted head

1 x female seamless body (model# JQQ10C-YS)

1x black bodysuit to blend at joint openings

1 x base representing Art Deco architect – material: resin

1 x chair/throne as seen in the film – material: resin

The armor is made out of zinc alloy and painted its original silver tone color.

1 x 5"x7" numbered metal sublimation COA

High-end 4 color packaging.

Limited 500 worldwide production!

Packaging:

1 product/individual box

GW: 0.27kg

Measurements: Size:37cm*32cm*12cm

2 products/master carton

GW: 7.46 kg

Measurements:75.1cm * 88.2cm * 26cm

Suggested retail price: $599.99 USD

Pre-Order cut- off date: January 30th, 2021

Expected delivery date: July 2021

Because of metal casting, the production process takes longer.

Distributed by Noveltoys

Valiarde

Valiarde
At LCDN in Belgium, one of the cheapest shops in europe, this one is up for pre order for ..wait for it...890€...thats probably nearly $1000 lol

Kit also posted on facebook that TBleague and Executive no longer work together

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
1/6Novice wrote:My knowledge of German history is not great, but this film came out in 1926/7. The Nazi party came to power in...1933?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metropolis_(1927_film)

Also, I believe that the director (Fritz Lang) had to flee Germany because of the Nazis as he was part Jewish.

From Wikipedia:

"At the end of 1932, Lang started filming The Testament of Dr. Mabuse. Adolf Hitler came to power in January 1933, and by March 30, the new regime banned it as an incitement to public disorder. Testament is sometimes deemed an anti-Nazi film, as Lang had put phrases used by the Nazis into the mouth of the title character. A screening of the film was cancelled by Joseph Goebbels, and it was later banned by the Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda.[14] In banning the film, Goebbels stated that the film "showed that an extremely dedicated group of people are perfectly capable of overthrowing any state with violence", and that the film posed a threat to public health and safety.[15]"

Anyway...Only 500 units? Not a TBL product? Damn, I really wanted this, I guess I'll have to sell my Hollywood Collectibles Statue of Falsch*-Maria...

*I probably got that wrong.

The Nazi party dominated German Politics in its rise to power in the Weimar period from the Beer Hall Putsch in 1923 and the publication of Mein Kampf in 1925 before taking complete control of the Government in 1933, hence I fairly described 1926 specifically as "Nazi-ish Germany,"  emphasis on "ish."  And you broke off your Wikipedia quote before the really interesting part:

"According to Lang, propaganda minister Joseph Goebbels called Lang to his offices to inform him – apologetically – that The Testament of Dr Mabuse was being banned but, nevertheless, he was so impressed by Lang's abilities as a filmmaker (especially Metropolis), that he offered Lang the position of head of German film studio UFA. Lang said it was during that meeting he had decided to leave for Paris – but that the banks had closed by the time the meeting was over. Lang claimed that, after selling his wife's jewelry, he fled by train to Paris that very evening, leaving most of his money and personal possessions behind."

There exists a fascinating Fritz Lang video interview later retelling this story.  In reality it was probably a bit of an exaggeration (that he left Germany overnight to avoid being made the head of studio UFA by the Nazis based on Metropolis) as it appears that as you say, his fear of adverse consequences from his Jewish family connections played a part.  It also caused his split from (wife and Metropolis novelist) Thea von Harbou.

And, congrats on owning the Hollywood Collectibles statue -- I wish it was 1/6th.  The $500 price tag on this one is not unreachable for me but it's unjustifiable and offensive...

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:
The Nazi party dominated German Politics in its rise to power in the Weimar period from the Beer Hall Putsch in 1923 and the publication of Mein Kampf in 1925 before taking complete control of the Government in 1933, hence I fairly described 1926 specifically as "Nazi-ish Germany,"  emphasis on "ish."  
They really didn't dominate German Politics in the 20s. After the beerhall putsch the NSDAP was outlawed and remanining nazi's formed the NSFB, which got 6,6% of the votes in march 1924 and 3,0% in december 1924. In 1925 the ban was lifted and in 1928 the NSDAP got 2,6% of the votes. In 1930 18,2%, they were the 2nd largest party and the leader of the opposition.
Calling Germany in 1927 nazi-ish is a misrepresentation.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I wonder if this is even a “figure” per se, as all of the pics I’ve seen don’t show any actual articulation. And the fact Executive and TBLeague are no longer working together could turn out to be a good thing.

Metropolis - NEW PRODUCT: EXECUTIVE REPLICAS METROPOLIS – MASCHINENMENSCH METAL 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE (Maria) C8485110

Valiarde

Valiarde
I think I saw pics of this figure on facebook in parts. It is a moveable body iirc

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:I think I saw pics of this figure on facebook in parts. It is a moveable body iirc

Updated the first post. You are correct, there is an underlying body beneath the armor -- not sure why none of the pics illustrate whether or not, once fully ensconced, if the body is still movable or not (I guess because she really didn't move much in the original movie)...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum