OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Early Imperial Roman Infantry Kitbash

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

21military - Early Imperial Roman Infantry Kitbash - Page 2 Empty Re: Early Imperial Roman Infantry Kitbash Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:23 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Theboo-bomb wrote:They look great, I do enjoy seeing ancient bashes, it's a shame I don't see that many of these anymore or maybe they still make plenty of ancient stuff but it just goes over my head.

Thank you very much. Glad you liked them. Apart from some of those fantasty sets, seems like ancient ones are narrowed down to HH & HaoYu these days. They do lend themselves to providing kitbashing materials, but with rising prices, are going to make the whole process more painful, and bashes more rare.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

22military - Early Imperial Roman Infantry Kitbash - Page 2 Empty Re: Early Imperial Roman Infantry Kitbash Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:21 pm

shazzdan

I've been thinking about some Roman enemies and I was recently commissioned to make a falx so I thought I'd stick it in this thread (plus it bumps a cool thread about legionaries). Turned out pretty good. It is made from 2mm steel plate and hardwood.

military - Early Imperial Roman Infantry Kitbash - Page 2 Icm_fullxfull.300040510_5o5kymwhzi4g8c4o0g80

military - Early Imperial Roman Infantry Kitbash - Page 2 Icm_fullxfull.300040598_8fuoczzyztgcwgkks0ss

https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/OneSixthArsenal

23military - Early Imperial Roman Infantry Kitbash - Page 2 Empty Re: Early Imperial Roman Infantry Kitbash Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:56 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Thank you, Dan, and these really turned out great. As always, I admire your ability to use "real" materials to make such tiny replicas.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

24military - Early Imperial Roman Infantry Kitbash - Page 2 Empty Re: Early Imperial Roman Infantry Kitbash Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:34 am

Stryker2011

Founding Father
That's pretty cool. I like how you can see the tang between the wood. cheers

25military - Early Imperial Roman Infantry Kitbash - Page 2 Empty Re: Early Imperial Roman Infantry Kitbash Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:28 am

blackpool

blackpool
"presentable"? To me those two figures rock the casbah and the choice of background works very well! That's much more than presentable!

26military - Early Imperial Roman Infantry Kitbash - Page 2 Empty Re: Early Imperial Roman Infantry Kitbash Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:00 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
blackpool wrote:"presentable"? To me those two figures rock the casbah and the choice of background works very well! That's much more than presentable!

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked them and the background. If you knew what a pain they were to pose and stand with these relatively weak joints, you'd know why I felt I was settling for "presentable." I think with stronger joints they would have posed even better and I could have done something more creative. But the type of "chain" mail used here made these bodies and their detachable arms pretty much a must (although there are now some narrow-shouldered detachable-arm World Box bodies, too).

27military - Early Imperial Roman Infantry Kitbash - Page 2 Empty Re: Early Imperial Roman Infantry Kitbash Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:48 am

Kynaithos Homerides

Kynaithos Homerides
Fantastic work!

28military - Early Imperial Roman Infantry Kitbash - Page 2 Empty Re: Early Imperial Roman Infantry Kitbash Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:12 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Very authentical Roman soldiers to me. I like the sandals and the heads are well choosen as ever. I can see R. Crowe in the HS.

29military - Early Imperial Roman Infantry Kitbash - Page 2 Empty Re: Early Imperial Roman Infantry Kitbash Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:09 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Kynaithos wrote:Fantastic work!

Thank you very much! I'm glad you liked them.

Ephiane wrote:Very authentical Roman soldiers to me. I like the sandals and the heads are well choosen as ever. I can see R. Crowe in the HS.

Thank you very much, Ephiane. The sandals, luckily, came pre-made (from various companies), and so did the heads. Smile I just put them together. And yes, that is definitely a rendition of good old Russell. Apparently he can be difficult, but I can't help but like the guy...

30military - Early Imperial Roman Infantry Kitbash - Page 2 Empty Re: Early Imperial Roman Infantry Kitbash Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:33 am

Kynaithos Homerides

Kynaithos Homerides
shazzdan wrote:I've been thinking about some Roman enemies and I was recently commissioned to make a falx so I thought I'd stick it in this thread (plus it bumps a cool thread about legionaries). Turned out pretty good. It is made from 2mm steel plate and hardwood.

military - Early Imperial Roman Infantry Kitbash - Page 2 Icm_fullxfull.300040510_5o5kymwhzi4g8c4o0g80

military - Early Imperial Roman Infantry Kitbash - Page 2 Icm_fullxfull.300040598_8fuoczzyztgcwgkks0ss

Nicely detailed for something so small! How long did it take to make?

"I will remember and not be unmindful of Apollo who shoots afar. As he goes through the house of Zeus, the gods tremble before him and all spring up from their seats when he draws near, as he bends his bright bow."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum