OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

MerylAkiba

I bought the BS-01 on accident from BBTS, I thought I was getting a detachable foot version because the website says detachable feet W/ 3 pairs of feet plus first image is from the 10E(Detachable version), but the box is labeled 'FEET' in Chinese and the second image of there site is of 09F(non-detachable) my mistake. Also, I had to download a Microsoft Translator App to figure out why I got a version w/feet instead.

Tools used:
arrhythmia calipers
Pica Ruler

Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) 5PPcHTk

Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) NcS1Vxu

Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) RSTNpsF

Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) HQ0ktnI

NOTE: The white sticker indicates that the product is the NON-detachable version
Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) ZRNHgKs

Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) RagLy7v

Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) ATYfuD6

Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) 4mUex5d

Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) 2lfz5EN

Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) LzrSfRA

The calipers were aligned to show the difference in breast size due to the upper fat over the pectoralis major

PS
Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) FoBc5eZ
Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) ZG6m2km

BS-01
Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) HEZk8Np

Calipers realign to measure BS-01 measurement
Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) UXUx4ne

Pegs can be swapped out to fit various heads. The first head close to the ruler is the one to use on Hot Toys and TBL

Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) IiMPaR1
Instruction Manual for the neck pegs. On the PS version, I had to twist clockwise. This lock system prevents the neck pegs from getting stuck on the head. I just twist the head off in the same direction to lock
Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) 25rraHJ
Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) Ws9o3kF

BS-01 FEET

Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) Pnc2hOG
Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) TEhxpzR

I'm pulling back on the skin to show the plastic foot base inside the skin

Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) FNAzi64

PS DETACHABLE Feet have separate space

Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) J6ACFpA

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thorough review. Not really in to the Dolly Parton-sized bust, but to each his/her own.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you for the review, and for designating it NSFW. It occurs to me that in a number of the photos you could have cropped the breast portion out (and censored any "sensitive" areas), as the skin tone and shoulders should have been sufficient to demonstrate the head sculpt compatibility. But it does work very well with the heads you tried, which is always a good thing to know about a product like this. To me personally the design makes the body almost misshapen or cartoonish, but to each their own.
So are you satisfied with the articulation? I do notice that they have not improved the design of the floppy-footed ankle.

Adeno

Nice, thanks for this review since I was curious about these big Jiaou dolls. I don't think they're the right body type for my future project. Very titanic mountains lol!

MerylAkiba

I also want to point out the ball connector on the hand is larger. I used the end of a paint brush to widen the hole on Phicen hands to fit on the Jiaou.

The feet on the Non-detachable BS-01 does not have a ball ankle pivot, but a front to back and left to right side pivot. Her feet are small and extremely detailed. However She does not stand on her own. I had to use Naomi Armitage boots to get her to stand (her feet are really that tiny)
Note: When I removed the boots her feet was mangled up. Within 4 hours it was slowly going back into shape
Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) QTmLSSB
Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) 4oPOP6E

The detachable feet on the PS has a standard foot with space between the toes to wear sandals or flip flops. the other set is a heel without toes for high heel shoes. The other is tiny flat feet without toes for boots and sneakers. The Jiaou feet can fit on a TBleague foot peg
Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) OjdRqP2

Update: The elbow bend bicep looks good, but I love how it bends sideways. Love the shadows and light on the knee bend
Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) UJkxdHK
Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) 25jYnbz
Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) NZsbfx2

The Chest on the Jiaou are larger, but I find it unique that two separate versions (both with 9 different colors) have complete different breast sizes.  Both have larger chest than the athletic version of TBLeague, as well as wider hips and bigger glutes. The TBL has breast separate, same as the Non Detachable one. However, the detachable feet version has a tight line connecting the breast.
Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) Y02t4WD

Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) IuSfe5u

Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) DRNwbKm

The "emulated" area on the Jiaou is detailed, I don't have the Phicen S09 to compare to, only TBLeague Muscular female bodies

Because of this new body, she cannot wear Phicen armor! Since my Red Sonja 1.5 body was slowly decomposing on the wrist due to the gloves, I decided to swap the PS body on the Red Sonja.
Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) DrtxqCM
Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) 4EhCGRm

I had 3 wardrobe malfunctions on the chain armor, that I spent hours using tweezers to adjust the armor. Please note that on the chest armor only contained one 4mm ring. I had to use 3 rings. the Belly button is detailed and looks natural.
Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) SIz75td

Red Sonja boots fit slightly loose so I added plastic from a tiny plastic storage bag on the socket for a even tighter fit. Eureka!
Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) YJWiOQ8

The figure is almost an amalgamation of several Phicens. I should of done this with the others, she comes with a pink bikini set and clear plastic base with joints. The joints are connected by a Phillips screw and a hex nut
Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) Fflreij
Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) ZOm1cPC
I don't know why, but I love these clear joints, but not for base purposes. I might want to use it to make joints on a figure

I'll add more photos later in the week

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I am sure none of us intended for you to remove all images, but apparently a moderator did mark this as NSFW -- this is just to make sure people don't get in trouble if they stumble into it, or don't get offended. Also, Forumotion, which provides the platform and space for our forum does have rules against adult content. Now these were not really explicit in that sense, but many were rather "in your face." As I mentioned before, you could easily have cropped the head match photos a little higher; for others you could use obscuring shapes ranging from standard black rectangles to items of your choice -- see what I've done with my own TBLeague and Jiaou review photos HERE and HERE. It is an extra step, but worthwhile and perhaps crucial in such instances. I do hope you edit and repost your photos (you can always edit your original posting).

Thank you for all the compatibility advice, this would be useful for anyone of us who might pick up this body. Some of this also applies for the other Jiaou female bodies (I am sure they did not create new hand and foot sculpts). I was wondering whether this would get in the way of outfitting the body, and apparently it does. As for the trouble discerning what one is actually buying, it appears to me that many sellers fail to provide sufficient detail or come up with their own terminology. Ironically, in some cases a least, ordering directly from Chinese sellers overseas might be a safer bet.

MerylAkiba

Sorry about that, meant to edit but could not find some of the originals. I did get my order for a BS-01 with removal feet (finally!) and a 10E YS (natural) body from Giantoy, I'm still waiting for my other order: a 10E KT004 and 10E BM, so I could contrast the colors and do head comparisions.

As I am taking photos and setting them up for here, I noticed how disorganize I put these pics. I am either going to go back and edit or start all over. I also want to create a easy chart, graph, or a cheat sheet, complete with swatches.

so here are some photos for YS (Natural)

Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) WctQDnz

So one of the problems with Giantoy is the way they wrap packages. I should of taken one but forgot. It is the shipper, wrapped in 2 large layers of big bubble wrap. It is taped haphazardly with brown packaging and grey packaging tape, in the shape of a large misshapen football, akin to Homer

example:
Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) QiwTY3Ig

I know this is not a problem as it is to prevent the package from being smooshed, but the presentation and shape appears  'skeptical' , I don't know how else to describe it without being flagged.

Also I was wrong. I thought that 09F (feet version) only came with a white sticker. Apparently the 10E also has a white sticker. Notice the two different Chinese characters in the middle and the Chinese characters in quotation are different from the 09 from earlier.
Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) LsFowS5

Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) DXHRx1k

Set underneath the figure.
Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) IudGyb1

Same as the BS-01 and PS versions, but the feet and hands are painted with pink nail polish which matches the clothing

Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) DAxEyxX

Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) MGLT4Bh

Once again I messed up. The purpose was to only buy one body to match the Red Sonja and another to match the Phicen v.4 Tan body. After countless hours and days trying to find info, I found Donguan Jiaou company on Alibaba, that had a description of the body colors
Link:
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/JIAOU-DOLL-European-Shape-1-6_60774914348.html?spm=a2700.details.maylikehoz.1.3b7e9ac8aniSn9

Quote from page:
4)What is your model number for 9 skin colors ?

White Skin = WS

Natural Skin = YS

Wheat Skin=BS

Brown Skin= BM

Black Skin = PS

Pink Skin = PM

KT004 Skin = KT004

New White Skin =WS01

New Wheat Skin = BS01

5)How To Match Head Sculpt for 1/6 JIAOU DOLL Female Body ?

Natural : Phicen,Verycool ,Superduck ,Kimi etc

Wheat : Hot toys ,Phicen ,Verycool etc

White : Obitsu ,Vampire etc .

Pink : Superduck ,Kimi ,Anime etc .

Brown :Modular art ,flirty ,Kumik .

Black : Hot Toys ,Phicen

KT004 : Kimi Toys KT004

New White : Super Duck , Kimi Toys

New Wheat : Super Deck , Kimi Toys , Hot Toys

The good news, I had a pale Silver Huntress and a Tomoe head that match the body perfectly.

Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) 33BILFV

Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) JBqcgcB

Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) 4JbfDti

Unfortunately Phicen V.4 Tan (same color as Kumik female heads and Flirty Girl Steampunk  FGCDX-001, maybe Triad toys Deadcell, Ghost, Barbwire and stardard Alpha body figure (Caucasian)) don't match. So I ordered a Brown (BM), and I ordered a KT004 because I was really curious and to match the "newer" Suntan figures: Arhain Pirate, Galaxy Soldier, Cowgirl, Arkhalla, and I'm still figuring all this out confused  confused  confused  confused

Sometimes when I pre-type out the descriptions of the Jiaou skin colors on Notepad, and read back what I want to type, I feel as though I am Myrna Loy

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks for the updates, and for reposting your original images. Very helpful.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Jiaou European female body Review detachable + FEET versions (BS-01&PS) (NSFW) C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the new images and information. And a rather apt reference to the movie scene! Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum