OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Custom/Kitbash: Aurra Sing - Star Wars Bounty Hunter (Episode I)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Here is my custom/kitbash attempt at Aurra Sing, a bounty hunter who had a cameo in The Phantom Menace during the pod-race scene. I wasn't able to do everything I would have liked with her (like the elongated fingers), but I still think she turned out sort of cool. I had originally wanted to use a much skinnier body (The TBLeague S18A - Pale), but all my attempts to white the body were a massive failure. Ended up scavenging a body from one of my two Lady Death figures (I was a bit bummed about that, but it is what it is). The Lady Death body is, as many know, a much bustier and muscular body than is appropriate for this character -- particularly considering that the lovely lady who played the role in the film was a tall, lanky runway model. I used a combination of parts to make this figure, and ended up making several. I had originally purchased a blank, bald female head sculpt off eBay to use for the head, but honestly, it just didn't seem right for this character. Aurra has a rather elongated skull, and I just couldn't make it look right -- even after adding modeling clay to her noggin. (I might revisit that at some point). I ended up sticking with the Hasbro head sculpt, even though the head sculpt is slightly more grey than the body used, I think it actually works fairly well. Ultimately, this figure is going in my Jabba the Hutt display.

Anyway...

Parts breakdown:

Head - Hasbro Aurra Sing (had to modify it to get it to fit on the TBLeague)
Body - Lady Death Version 1
Vest - Hasbro Aurra Sing
Hands - Lady Death Version 2
Laser Pistols - Hasbro Aurra Sing (not removable at this point thanks to the restraining straps on the holsters)
Rifle - modified Luke Skywalker Episode IV (Hot Toys)
rifle scope -- HT Last Jedi Luke Skywalker "lightning rod"
rifle scope mount -- piece of the Hasbro Aurra Sing rifle
rifle sling -- Hasbro Aurra Sing rifle sling
holsters and belts -- custom made using ultra-thin, double layered Kangaroo skin
Boots - brown "Black Widow" knock-offs from eBay
Orange body Suit -- modified from a full body suit. Big shout out to Blackpool for helping me acquire this. Went a little crazy with the scissors trying to cut off the sleeves, and caught a bit around the torso -- I call it "battle damage"
Belt pouches on the rifle sling and on the belts -- HT Deadpool 2 belt pouches
Lightsaber -- I honestly can't remember who's it's supposed to be, but it is an HT item gotten off eBay.
wrist wraps and bicep wrap -- cut from the Hasbro Aurra Sing bodysuit

As always, comments and criticism welcome.

custom - Custom/Kitbash: Aurra Sing - Star Wars Bounty Hunter (Episode I) _dsc3125
custom - Custom/Kitbash: Aurra Sing - Star Wars Bounty Hunter (Episode I) _dsc3126
custom - Custom/Kitbash: Aurra Sing - Star Wars Bounty Hunter (Episode I) _dsc3127
custom - Custom/Kitbash: Aurra Sing - Star Wars Bounty Hunter (Episode I) _dsc3128
custom - Custom/Kitbash: Aurra Sing - Star Wars Bounty Hunter (Episode I) _dsc3129
custom - Custom/Kitbash: Aurra Sing - Star Wars Bounty Hunter (Episode I) _dsc3130
custom - Custom/Kitbash: Aurra Sing - Star Wars Bounty Hunter (Episode I) _dsc3131
custom - Custom/Kitbash: Aurra Sing - Star Wars Bounty Hunter (Episode I) _dsc3132

#Custom #Kitbash #AurraSing #StarWars #EpisodeI #female #alien #bountyhunter

He who dies with the most toys wins!

custom - Custom/Kitbash: Aurra Sing - Star Wars Bounty Hunter (Episode I) C8485110

ravrohan

Probably the most attractive this psycho has ever been, really nice job Very Happy I especially like the kangaroo skin gear.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, ravrohan. To tell you the truth, I’m not actually all that familiar with the character. I know she’s been in comics and stuff, but I never read any of them, I just liked the way she looked. Figured it’d be nice to have a female bounty hunter in Jabba’s throne room.

custom - Custom/Kitbash: Aurra Sing - Star Wars Bounty Hunter (Episode I) C8485110

ravrohan

Pre Disney comics, she was a Dark Jedi who mostly showed up after ESB/RotJ still a bounty hunter, but she could use the force. Had something to do with the antenna stuck in her head. I don't know much about this Aurra Sing. She was popular though, which is why she showed up in movies and later the Clone Wars cartoons, just without the force using and Dark Jedi background.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool. Thanks for the info.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
She. looks. awesome !! Your attention to detail is very gratifying. I really love what you’ve done with the Hasbro parts — always great to see some of that stuff getting an ‘upgrade’. Very Happy Her head especially looks good in this context — on the original doll , it always seemed really over-sized, but oddly enough the Lady Death body makes it look so much more convincing.

Though, of course, I totally share your frustration regarding the bust issue, as I have myself at times considered using a LD body for my Ventress figure (due to the eternal struggle of ‘painting’ tbleague bodies), even though it’s not quite the right fit for her either. In this case, though, I think it actually worked out fairly well. The bust may be oversized, but imo the muscles sell it. ;D

And I do enjoy her character — her brief appearance in TPM, as well as her portrayal in the TCW animated series, and it’s great to see such a nice representation of her here. I love the designs of so many of the PT-era female aliens and feel there are never enough 1/6 depictions of them ... so, thank you ! Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm glad the jumpsuit worked out. Looks pretty much spot on, reproduced in great detail. From one of the photos I was able to find of the character, looks like a touch more mascara (if you dare) and a couple of little chains could be added.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:She. looks. awesome !! Your attention to detail is very gratifying. I really love what you’ve done  with the Hasbro parts — always great to see some of that stuff getting an ‘upgrade’. Very Happy Her head especially looks good in this context — on the original doll , it always seemed really over-sized, but oddly enough the Lady Death body makes it look so much more convincing.

Though, of course, I totally share your frustration regarding the bust issue, as I have myself at times considered using a LD body for my Ventress figure (due to the eternal struggle of ‘painting’ tbleague bodies), even though it’s not quite the right fit for her either. In this case, though, I think it actually worked out fairly well. The bust may be oversized, but imo  the muscles sell it. ;D

And I do enjoy her character — her brief appearance in TPM, as well as her portrayal in the TCW animated series, and it’s great to see such a nice representation of her here. I love the designs of so many of the PT-era female aliens and feel there are never enough 1/6 depictions of them ... so, thank you ! Smile

Thanks, I’m glad you like her. I just wish I could have found a way to do her elongated fingers.

GubernatorFan wrote:I'm glad the jumpsuit worked out. Looks pretty much spot on, reproduced in great detail. From one of the photos I was able to find of the character, looks like a touch more mascara (if you dare) and a couple of little chains could be added.

Thanks, Guv. Yeah, I think there’s a few extras I could add to her. I didn’t actually look at too many photos once I started working on her. I found a whole bunch, and I still have them in a file folder, might have to go back and see what bits could use an upgrade. I agree about the makeup issue — just need to figure out how to do it without ruining the thing. I’d like to change her eye color as well — as I recall the actress has green eyes.

scalawag

scalawag
That looks awesome mate, nice work. Always good to see another Bounty Hunter being done.

Paul

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:

Thanks, I’m glad you like her. I just wish I could have found a way to do her elongated fingers.

Yeah, that's a tough one....maybe Ephiane would have some ideas? : ) Alternatively, I am wondering if there are any male 'monster' hands out there that might work? Maybe those wouldn't be compatible with the pegs, but a modified version?

And re: the eye makeup....ReverendSpooky recently answered someone's question about how he did the 'smokey' makeup on some of his figures, and I recall he mentioned having used a weathering kit of some sort...

scalawag

scalawag
Stryker2011 wrote:I just wish I could have found a way to do her elongated fingers.

A set of hands from the SideShow Greedo might work with a little modification and colouring if you can find any.  

Unfortunately it is long out of production and demands a stupid premium as a figure these days but you never know you may get lucky and find a pair of spare hands parted out somewhere.  

Hasbro did a 12" Greedo too which might be another source, but the hands are not as nice looking on that one.

Its an idea.

custom - Custom/Kitbash: Aurra Sing - Star Wars Bounty Hunter (Episode I) 1VObceD

Paul

blackpool

blackpool
Awesome work!!! Sorry again for the crazy post office delays on the jumpsuit, but so happy you could build your figure and wow she came out great!!! I love all the details, the holsters and vest are really nice, and the details of the little straps matching the suit on the arms is very cool too!

Can't wait to see some group shots in your throne room with the giant slug!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
scalawag wrote:That looks awesome mate, nice work.  Always good to see another Bounty Hunter being done.

Paul

Thanks, Paul. Now you need to make one to go with your BH collection. Wink

skywalkersaga wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:

Yeah, that's a tough one....maybe Ephiane would have some ideas? : ) Alternatively, I am wondering if there are any male 'monster' hands out there that might work? Maybe those wouldn't be compatible with the pegs, but a modified version?

And re: the eye makeup....ReverendSpooky recently answered someone's question about how he did the 'smokey' makeup on some of his figures, and I recall he mentioned having used a weathering kit of some sort...

I was thinking of cutting off the fingers of some female hands (after the first knuckle) and adding wires and milliput, but I don’t know well that would work. I even tried heating up a pair of hands and stretching the fingers as far as they would go before snapping off, then submerging them in cold water to see if they’d stay — but that didn’t work.

The weathering effect for the smokey eyes is a good idea, and I’ll probably try that.

scalawag wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:I just wish I could have found a way to do her elongated fingers.

A set of hands from the SideShow Greedo might work with a little modification and colouring if you can find any.  

Unfortunately it is long out of production and demands a stupid premium as a figure these days but you never know you may get lucky and find a pair of spare hands parted out somewhere.  

Hasbro did a 12" Greedo too which might be another source, but the hands are not as nice looking on that one.

Its an idea.

custom - Custom/Kitbash: Aurra Sing - Star Wars Bounty Hunter (Episode I) 1VObceD

Paul

I bought a Hasbro Greedo a month or so ago, hoping I could actually use him in my Jabba display, but the head and hands are ridiculously over-sized — closer to 1/5 — but that is a pretty good idea. But as you say, the SS Greedo is going for insane prices (well, I don’t know if it’s actually “going”, as much as the prices “asked” are insane).

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
SO frustrating about that weirdly-sized Hasbro figure, Stryker. I have been there and totally get it. :/ Hope you can find a solution for the hands, one way or another. She looks really good as she is, but I do think having those long fingers would certainly enhance the effect. : )

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
She looks really good, man! I might like a thinner wire for the head antennae, but she looks great as-is. The elongated hands would definitely make this!

scalawag

scalawag
I could do an Aurra Sing, but I have a Hasbro Zam Wesell that I should probably work on first lol.

The Side show Greedo is crazily priced these days. I paid £300 for mine 2 years ago now.

Paul

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:SO frustrating about that weirdly-sized Hasbro figure, Stryker.  I have been there and totally get it. :/  Hope you can find a solution for the hands, one way or another. She looks really good as she is, but I do think having those long fingers would certainly enhance the effect.  : )

Looks like I need to work something out for those hands. Wink

PickleMunkey wrote:She looks really good, man! I might like a thinner wire for the head antennae, but she looks great as-is. The elongated hands would definitely make this!

Thanks. I think if I ever revisit the blank head I got, I will definitely give her a thinner antenna.

scalawag wrote:I could do an Aurra Sing, but I have a Hasbro Zam Wesell that I should probably work on first lol.

The Side show Greedo is crazily priced these days.  I paid £300 for mine 2 years ago now.

Paul

I've seen two Greedo's listed recently -- one for $800 and another for just under. THAT. IS. NUTS!!!

doodlehobby

Hope you can figure something out about the hands. Despite that I still think it looks amazing. Smile
Stryker2011 wrote:I've seen two Greedo's listed recently -- one for $800 and another for just under. THAT. IS. NUTS!!!
Yeah, secondary markets, demand and limited quantity always drive up costs. Sad

scalawag

scalawag
doodlehobby wrote:Hope you can figure something out about the hands. Despite that I still think it looks amazing. Smile
Stryker2011 wrote:I've seen two Greedo's listed recently -- one for $800 and another for just under. THAT. IS. NUTS!!!
Yeah, secondary markets, demand and limited quantity always drive up costs. Sad

I believe that SideShows Greedo run was a total of 1977 pieces, which is kind of cool.

Paul

blackpool

blackpool
scalawag wrote:

I believe that SideShows Greedo run was a total of 1977 pieces, which is kind of cool.

Paul

That is one veeeery cool detail! I love this kind of subtle tribute!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum