OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: JXTOYS JX-029 Avril Head Sculpt H#Suntan

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father

blackpool

blackpool
nice! the first one is my favorite but all three have good likeness and accurate hairstyles!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yep, that first one is awesome. Beats the Kumik version that came out about 5 years ago. I can upgrade my kitbash now.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Avril - NEW PRODUCT: JXTOYS JX-029 Avril Head Sculpt H#Suntan C8485110

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Beautiful head. I'll definitely need to pick 1 up.

blackpool

blackpool
Stryker2011 wrote:Yep, that first one is awesome. Beats the Kumik version that came out about 5 years ago. I can upgrade my kitbash now.

I'd love to see your custom Avril Lavigne! That would be a nice upgrade even if the kumik version was one of their best creation (compared to most their production it's even a gem lol)

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
blackpool wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Yep, that first one is awesome. Beats the Kumik version that came out about 5 years ago. I can upgrade my kitbash now.

I'd love to see your custom Avril Lavigne! That would be a nice upgrade even if the kumik version was one of their best creation (compared to most their production it's even a gem lol)

I agree, it was a nice head sculpt for Kumik. I’ll post some pics when I get this one.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I have the old one, too, and I agree this one looks even better.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I agree, the first one is very nice looking sculpt. I really like the hairstyle and quality of the hair on it. : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
These are out on sale, now.

Anyone got any reviews or in-hand pics yet? I've had a hit to my finances recently and I'm going to have to be more choosy with my purchases for a while, so while these look great in the promos, if they don't colour match any Phicen or (at a pinch) Jiaou bodies then they're an unjustifiable expense.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Mine is supposedly on the way from giantoy, so hopefully I’ll know in a couple weeks.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Thanks Stryker, looking forward to hearing about it.

If I do get one, I'll probably get it from Giantoy myself.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, Giantoy just sent me a partial refund for this, as it didn’t get sent when they thought it did — so probably another 2-3 week delay. Grrr — and Yah! Bummed about the delay, but at least I got this for $10 less. I ordered most of the clothes and accessories to make the figure — though I still have no idea what body I’ll be able to use — I’m really hoping it’s one of the shorter TBLs.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
My Avril head sculpt arrived today from Giantoy -- much faster than expected. It's hard to tell from the photos, but the sculpt looks pretty much the same as the promo pics, very pretty, and fairly accurate to Ms. Lavigne; the nice thing is the head sculpt is indeed just a fraction smaller than some of the female head sculpts on the market (particularly Super Duck), but not as much as I would have liked to be honest.

Here are some comparison shots on the S27B (Suntan) -- the smallest of the TBLeague female bodies, and the closest to her actual height in scale -- and on the S25B (Suntan) -- the mid-height body. Personally, I would have liked the head to be just a whee bit smaller so that it looked less bobble-head like on the S27B, but it doesn't look to bad on the S25B (so that's the one I'll probably go with).

Avril - NEW PRODUCT: JXTOYS JX-029 Avril Head Sculpt H#Suntan _dsc3212
Avril - NEW PRODUCT: JXTOYS JX-029 Avril Head Sculpt H#Suntan _dsc3211

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
She looks great. Now imagine when you get your "buxom" body. Smile Of course, based on our ongoing discussion, that one might be less petite.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ooh, she looks lovely! It's nice to see a sculpt that looks like the promo pic for once! Very Happy

And to my eyes, she could just about work on either of the bodies, but I do understand what you mean about the verging onto bobblehead territory with the s27b.

I really like both of those bodies, they are now my go-to for more petite characters, I just wish the boobs on them weren't so, er... 'in your face', lol.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Oops. I just realized I uploaded the same pic. Edited with the corrected S27B body as the top picture. The bobblehead quality is much more apparent with the correct photo. Very Happy

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh lol, gotcha!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yep, I see what you mean now.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah... it's frustrating that so few heads work with that s27b. And likewise frustrating that the body itself is too small to work with most adult-sized headsculpts, and yet is far too busty to pass as really young person, either. ;/

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Thanks for the pics, I'm convinced! It certainly looks best on the 25b, although I'm also not too keen on those bodies due to the huge boob=petite frame ratio (I guess they were going overboard to make them look as un-childlike as possible but only succeeded in making them look odd) - I've only got a single medium-short 24a and I've found it only looks right to me wearing an Asian head. Avril looks good enough that she might just persuade me to buy a 25b. But then she is also quite likely to look really great on the new 28b.  Very Happy

Going to have to wait a few weeks before I can actually afford one now, though. Neutral

EDIT: Duh, 29b not 28b.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum