OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"IF" you're able to collect ONLY ONE 1:6 brand, which one?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

See subject.

We all have the freedom and luxury of collecting any 1:6 brand.

However, if we end up collecting only one 1:6 brand . . . then which one would it be?

ONLY ONE (1) . . .

As awkward and obvious as this sounds . . . I'll have to post/say OneSixthKit.

#discussion

View user profile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
TBLeague...

He who dies with the most toys wins!

"IF" you're able to collect ONLY ONE 1:6 brand, which one? TCFITBi
View user profile
Well for me it would have to be TBLeague considering most of my collection is already Phicen/ TBLeague but unfortunately TBLeague
will never make any Marvel or DC Comics Figures.

View user profile
My gut reaction, which even surprises me, would be DAM Gangster Kingdom based on what has given me the most enjoyment in the last couple of years. But that figure line has probably nearly run its course, whether creatively or for financial reasons. So then I'd probably say, like many above, Phicen/TBL.

This is assuming that the question means, "collect from now on." If my entire existing collection of a lifetime had to vanish except for one single brand of items I could still collect, then my answer, unpopular as it may be, would have to be Hot Toys.

View user profile
Hot Toys because they have the most & best licenses and their figures are consistently at the leading edge detail-wise. If you're a pop culture collector and can only choose one, how could Hot Toys not be your desert island brand? Even if you hate them personally, they have so many licenses and their figs look so spectacular that you'd just have to pick them.

That said, DAM/VTS is my actual fave brand. No one else comes to close their combination of quality, detail, variety, and price IMHO. Other companies may have them beat in one of those categories, but no one else does all of the categories combined so well.

View user profile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
This is such a cruel and unfair questions.

I didn't realize Onesixthkit was a brand, I thought he is just a seller.

If you're into pop culture icons and iconic movie characters, Hot Toys.

If you're into Star Wars and can't quite afford Hot Toys, Sideshow.

If you're into kitbashing bodies that show some skin (like elbows and knees!), TBLeague.

If you are into military, probably DAM (although Easy and Simple and Soldier Story and Flagset won't be far behind).

I think you get the point, and it is not exactly nuclear science. Makes me wish I was into only one of these subgenres.

I think it was Thomas Jefferson who wrote that into the Constitution, wasn't it?  Smile

View user profile

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
I'd have to sort of go with OSK too. I've never found a brand name for the bodies they do or for heads like the Space Tracker and Treasure Hunter. Then there are the head and clothing sets in conjunction with Eleven so yeah, I get where DFC is coming from.

CHEERS!

View user profile
I think if I could only collect one manufacturers figures then I would give up collecting, its the variety and different takes on a theme from different manufacturers that keep me interested.

This is tough. Currently, I’d say DAM just edging out Phicen aka TBLeague .

*also didn’t know OSK was a brand. Can someone explain their set up? Are they producing themselves or using sub-contractors and re-labelling?. I suppose most 1/6 brands use sub-contractors in some way. I love their shop and am a customer. Only curious.

View user profile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
For a while now, Kit has been working with artisans (like Eleven for example) to produce items that are in demand, generally not made or hard to find (quite a few of the Wolverine/Logan products that are out there are thanks to him/them). In the beginning, it was much easier (at least to me), to spot those products that he had a hand in. They don’t necessarily advertise their stuff as “OSK” specific, probably to stay below the radar (unless they do so more on Facebook). Chung probably has more knowledge about this than I, but I’m pretty sure that for the most part their stuff falls in the HS, clothing sets, and/or accessories categories rather than full figures.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

"IF" you're able to collect ONLY ONE 1:6 brand, which one? TCFITBi
View user profile

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
That it does, but, they're a one stop shop to build figures so they don't really need to offer full figures. Not that they couldn't if they wanted to.

CHEERS!

View user profile
DML. I know they no longer produce figures. But I have always enjoyed working with thier products. I never cared for the metal or wood weapons made by other companies. I prefer the plastic versions, which I found easy to work with. And to me DML's uniforms were again easy to work on and to weather . And the prices I found are with-in my hobby budget.

Could not keep any but one brand? My main chars have Obitsu heads but I'm not especially fond of Obitsu bodies. Neutral And the men of different brands so important to the story, why bother with the main chars at that point.
If "collect from now on" I guess Integrity Toys. But would then miss out on the action figures that add such variety!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum