OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL Accessories Series: 1/6 Catwoman CATWOMAN Set (including head carving) VCL-1001#

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Beautiful work, blackpool! I know you're a master, yet continue to be impressed every time.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

shazzdan

shazzdan wrote:
FreakinLobster wrote:The whip is neat. you can put it in lots of poses.

You've just given me an idea. I'm going to try making a whip. I'm thinking of a core made of tie-wire with a black heat-shrink sheath and a leather-wrapped handle. The tie-wire is flexible but rigid enough to let it be arranged in different poses.

Here is my first attempt. Made it from braided cord rather than heat shrink but it still has the steel wire core. Turned out pretty good. It is around 2 feet long so it is a more realistic length compared to the one that comes with the above figure.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2302-miniature-whip#29547

VeryCool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL Accessories Series: 1/6 Catwoman CATWOMAN Set (including head carving) VCL-1001# - Page 2 Il_fullxfull.2056555866_1x8w

https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/OneSixthArsenal

csyeung

Just adding a couple in hand pics for people in case anyone was interested. Got this last year and used a 23b i believe. Thought I'd add it since there's a reissue of the set. (saw on onesixthkit)

(Note, I added the jewel on belt and a jump ring on zipper.)

VeryCool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL Accessories Series: 1/6 Catwoman CATWOMAN Set (including head carving) VCL-1001# - Page 2 Black_10
VeryCool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL Accessories Series: 1/6 Catwoman CATWOMAN Set (including head carving) VCL-1001# - Page 2 Black_11

29VeryCool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL Accessories Series: 1/6 Catwoman CATWOMAN Set (including head carving) VCL-1001# - Page 2 Empty Very cool catwoman Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:35 pm

pani

So the very cool catwoman is recommending to use a tan type of body but the body looks very pale in the pictures. And the face is kind of light. Would it be a better idea to get a light skin?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
pani wrote:So the very cool catwoman is recommending to use a tan type of body but the body looks very pale in the pictures. And the face is kind of light. Would it be a better idea to get a light skin?

It says "Exquisite hair-head carving (wheat)" and "wheat" is one of the synonyms they have been using for the likes of "suntan." Also see the photos above and in the catalog here (on S21B):

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3013-tbleague-phicen-seamless-bodies-with-steel-skeleton-catalog-updated-continually

csyeung

csyeung
i have it in hand, if you are using a phicen, go suntan. Phicen's suntan is very light compared to a hot toys skin tone, especially the older hot toys. The difference in pale and suntan though isn't too drastic on the newer phicen products though. The pale probably has a slight yellow tint to it.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
I really love this set, and I can't wait for my "She-Venom" Queen of Dark Spider to arrive so I can pose her fighting Black Cat.
Clever touch you gave to the figure there, csyeung. They break the "monotony" of the single coloured outfit. The ring draws attention to the zipper and the stone on the belt fits the character nicely. Funny how some small details can improve a figure so much. I may steal the zipper's ring idea. Not only does it look cool, it's practical.

csyeung

csyeung
FreakinLobster wrote:I really love this set, and I can't wait for my "She-Venom" Queen of Dark Spider to arrive so I can pose her fighting Black Cat.
Clever touch you gave to the figure there, csyeung. They break the "monotony" of the single coloured outfit. The ring draws attention to the zipper and the stone on the belt fits the character nicely. Funny how some small details can improve a figure so much. I may steal the zipper's ring idea. Not only does it look cool, it's practical.

Go for it! Its just a regular jump ring i got from a packet in a dollar store (which has a ton of other uses like bracelets that DarthJ introduced me to, as well as chain links if you like). If I recall, there's a hole in the zipper tab that you can thread it through easily. The stone was just tied in with a thin piece of thread, there were spots on the back of the jewel and belt for you to easily do that as well. I also blue tacked a larger stone atm in her hand haha.  Black Cat is probably my favorite Marvel superheroine, maybe cause i used to collect a lot of Spider-man comics mostly as a kid.

Looking forward to seeing your photos of Dark Spider vs Black Cat! That's an epic battle.

I had some fun as well with those two figures haha.

VeryCool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL Accessories Series: 1/6 Catwoman CATWOMAN Set (including head carving) VCL-1001# - Page 2 Venomi11

csyeung

csyeung
Thought I'd add this picture I found on the net. I always wondered where this specific design came from and I think I may have found the source. This picture is from Gameloft's Spiderman 2 game, I never played it.

VeryCool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL Accessories Series: 1/6 Catwoman CATWOMAN Set (including head carving) VCL-1001# - Page 2 Qi-sheng-luo-body-low
VeryCool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL Accessories Series: 1/6 Catwoman CATWOMAN Set (including head carving) VCL-1001# - Page 2 D142ef6d5f51ff628739f236afacf8fe--marvel-girls-comics-girls

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice find, C.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum