OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Steam Punk - Red Sonja / Queen Excalibur [punk version] PL2019-140-A/B

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Steam Punk - Red Sonja / Queen Excalibur [punk version] PL2019-140-A/B 20192110

TBLeague 1/6 Steam Punk Red Sonja Action Figure

Item No: PL2019-140-A PL2019-140-B
Bar Code: 614614988755 (PL2019-140-A)
614614988762 (PL2019-140-B)

After Sonja hunted the wilderlands of Hyrkania, theived the streets and palaces of Pah-Disha, sold her sword on battlefields from Koth to Aquilonia, and liberated countless mugs of ale From the barrels throughout the Hyborean world. Red Sonja slew the king who tried to posses her and freed the world from the dark sourcery of Kulan Gathe. Forced to flee her homeland, she rode west across the Turanian Steppes and into the shadowed mists of legendry.

Officially licensed and Authorized

Two versions are available:
PL2019-140-A classic version
PL2019-140-B deluxe version
Version A includes no base, B includes a base.

Two versions to choose from the classic version: PL2019-140-A (without base)
Deluxe Edition: PL2019-140-B (with base)

Packing List:
1) 1 x head sculpt
2) 1 x TBLeague 1/6 female seamless body with metal skeleton
3) 3 pairs x interchangeable gloved hands
4) 1 x bikini style battle top
5) 1 x top with puff sleeves
6) 1 x armor for upper body
7) 1 pair x arm bands
Cool 1 x belt
9) 1 pair x high boots
10) 1 x axe
11) 1 x sword with sheath
12) 1 x pistol
13) 1 x holster
14) 1 pair x goggles
15) 1 pair x pants
16) 1 x base (only included in version B)

Packaging:
Version A
1 product/individual box
GW: 1.8kg
Measurements: 31.0m * 9.0cm * 38.0cm

6 products/master carton
GW: 12kg
Measurements: 55.0cm * 31.0cm * 40.5cm

Version B
1 product/individual box
GW: 2.7kg
Measurements: 24.0m * 25.0cm * 38.0cm

4 products/master carton
GW: 12kg
Measurements: 51.0cm * 49.0cm * 40.5cm

TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Steam Punk - Red Sonja / Queen Excalibur [punk version] PL2019-140-A/B 20192210
TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Steam Punk - Red Sonja / Queen Excalibur [punk version] PL2019-140-A/B 20192310
TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Steam Punk - Red Sonja / Queen Excalibur [punk version] PL2019-140-A/B 20192410
TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Steam Punk - Red Sonja / Queen Excalibur [punk version] PL2019-140-A/B 20192411
TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Steam Punk - Red Sonja / Queen Excalibur [punk version] PL2019-140-A/B 20192510
TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Steam Punk - Red Sonja / Queen Excalibur [punk version] PL2019-140-A/B 20192610
TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Steam Punk - Red Sonja / Queen Excalibur [punk version] PL2019-140-A/B 20192711
TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Steam Punk - Red Sonja / Queen Excalibur [punk version] PL2019-140-A/B 20192710
TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Steam Punk - Red Sonja / Queen Excalibur [punk version] PL2019-140-A/B 20192810
TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Steam Punk - Red Sonja / Queen Excalibur [punk version] PL2019-140-A/B 20192811
TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Steam Punk - Red Sonja / Queen Excalibur [punk version] PL2019-140-A/B 20192910
TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Steam Punk - Red Sonja / Queen Excalibur [punk version] PL2019-140-A/B 20193010

#newproduct #TBLeague #RedSonja #Steampunk #fantasy #comicbook #female #warrior

brassco

brassco
another Red Sonja...i see a lot of recycled stuff, like HS and bikini. Design another figure please?

shazzdan

shazzdan
I like her but don't know why.

The photography is exquisite as usual.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I get that this is supposed to be 'Red Sonja' hence the metal bikini top, but imo the figure would look SO much better with some kind of blouse across the bust instead. And maybe lose the silly spikes, lol. It's otherwise quite pretty....for a tbleague figure. Razz

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
brassco wrote:another Red Sonja...i see a lot of recycled stuff, like HS and bikini.  Design another figure please?

I agree, at least to a point. A new character would be nice and more fun, although this is a pretty cool variant of an existing one. They did do the same with Arhian and some others.

shazzdan wrote:I like her but don't know why. The photography is exquisite as usual.

Completely agree. The new look (with the notable exception of the armored bra) is part pirate, part post-apocalyptic, neither of which is exactly my cup of tea, but still quite interesting; I think the description forgot to explain that the sorcery transported centuries ahead in time (or did I miss it?) Smile

skywalkersaga wrote:I get that this is supposed to be 'Red Sonja' hence the metal bikini top, but imo the figure would look SO much better with some kind of blouse across the bust instead. And maybe lose the silly spikes, lol.  It's otherwise quite pretty....for a tbleague figure. Razz

So true. Then again, I have come to realize that realism or historical accuracy (or even plain common sense) are not always valued equally. And there is always the good old saying "to each his/her own."

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:

skywalkersaga wrote:I get that this is supposed to be 'Red Sonja' hence the metal bikini top, but imo the figure would look SO much better with some kind of blouse across the bust instead. And maybe lose the silly spikes, lol.  It's otherwise quite pretty....for a tbleague figure. Razz

So true. Then again, I have come to realize that realism or historical accuracy (or even plain common sense) are not always valued equally. And there is always the good old saying "to each his/her own."

Yeah, for sure. I completely understand that for those who collect these, that's just the sort of standard type of details that are to be expected. But I guess it's not even about historical accuracy or practicality for me, as obviously these are generally purely fantasy figures all-around, but moreso a simple matter of aesthetic tastes and preferences. I also realize that figures geared toward a certain stereotypical sort of 'male gaze' are, more often than not, going to be a bit lost on me. Wink

While I honestly don't have anything inherently against scantily clad female figures, it's moreso the way in which they are presented, the style of their 'outfits', colour schemes, and various other details that affects whether I'm going to like it, or roll my eyes at it. There are simply some things that appeal to me on a artistic level, and some things that....don't. ;p

And in all fairness, this one is actually pretty decent.... I especially like the colour scheme. Makes me think of a steampunk 'Little Mermaid', lol.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
What bothered me on this figure was this blue colour on the pants. They could've gone with a different colour that fit more with the rest of the outfit and add some more details on it, since the top has so much going on and the pants are kinda bland.
Dunno, just throwing in my two cents.

shazzdan

shazzdan
I like plain colours because they are more versatile when kitbashing. To obscure the blandness I would hang some brass chain from her belt and strap the pistol to her thigh instead of sticking it on her belt.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Some accessories on her pants would be nice. A chain, some cloth, a belt with tiny pouches on her left thigh... something. Not necessarily details directly on the pants, though that's a possibility... maybe with these, the colour wouldn't bother me much.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Normally I'm with you guys in that I tend to dislike stuff that is too busy and/or garish, but in this case I don't mind her turquoise pants/trousers. Like I said, it's a bit of a 'Little Mermaid' look, and acts as complimentary colour to the reds. : )

shazzdan

shazzdan
What have they done to her bottom lip?

blackpool

blackpool
Interesting figure, some parts are really gorgeous!

I only dislike the top, while I understand they had to keep some of the iconic "red sonja" features, the bikini is a very poor choice to my eyes, a corset or shirt or blouse would have been much more aesthetic and meeting the "steampunk" concept...
I know that Red Sonja is overly sexualized by intent since its creation, but steampunk is inspired by the victorian era, they could have gone another way...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
blackpool wrote:Interesting figure, some parts are really gorgeous!

I only dislike the top, while I understand they had to keep some of the iconic "red sonja" features, the bikini is a very poor choice to my eyes, a corset or shirt or blouse would have been much more aesthetic and meeting the "steampunk" concept...
I know that Red Sonja is overly sexualized by intent since its creation, but steampunk is inspired by the victorian era, they could have gone another way...

Completely agree, blackpool! : )

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Crap! Thanks, skywalkersaga, I didn’t even see The Little Mermaid connection before — now I can’t unsee it. And now, thanks to being a huge fan of both R.S. and The Little Mermaid, I’m going to have to get this. I’m kind of hoping there’ll be a way to add a different top than the bikini (maybe sea-shells... hmmm).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Steam Punk - Red Sonja / Queen Excalibur [punk version] PL2019-140-A/B C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:Crap! Thanks, skywalkersaga, I didn’t even see The Little Mermaid connection before — now I can’t unsee it. And now, thanks to being a huge fan of both R.S. and The Little Mermaid, I’m going to have to get this. I’m kind of hoping there’ll be a way to add a different top than the bikini (maybe sea-shells... hmmm).

Haha, whoops....sorry?? Laughing

And yeah... I'd presume they could be removable, even if it meant cutting them away from the rest of it. But if not, then maybe even just painting the metal bikini top in purple or something would approximate the effect. Or, yes, seashells. ;D

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Hmmm. OK...

I have to admit I don't understand this one at all, but then I suppose I'm making the mistake of trying to apply logic Very Happy  (yeah, I get it really though - $onja $ells).

Why not just a generic Steam Punk (or Steampunk if you prefer) female figure? I'd probably go for that.

Not for me, anyway. I've got too many fire-engine red-haired women in my collection already.

I do like those goggles, though...

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Just noticed, the HS looks an awful lot like the one they're using on the promo pics for the new S28/29 bodies, but with a red wig plonked on it...

Now if they brought that head out with the shorter dark hair it has in those pics, I'd be tempted.

shazzdan

shazzdan
GeeWillikers wrote:Just noticed, the HS looks an awful lot like the one they're using on the promo pics for the new S28/29 bodies, but with a red wig plonked on it...

Now if they brought that head out with the shorter dark hair it has in those pics, I'd be tempted.

Hmm. Steampunk is supposed to have a retro vibe. A shorter fifties/sixties-style hair cut would certainly work better, even if they kept it red.

Antmax

Antmax
I'm interested in getting this as my first figure and want to use it as an art reference model I can put on display in the costume. I know there are going to be issues like the boots and gloves being unique items and she has no replacement hands or feet. So I will have to purchase some separately on Ebay.

The problem I have is that there are hardly any reviews. Only two video reviews and when one of them tried to take her leather waistcoat/jacket off they couldn't figure out any way to do it without putting a scalpel to it and cutting across the overlap of the belt.

Can anyone else confirm that the jacket doesn't come off without surgery? seems rather silly and may very well put me off of purchasing it. I really like the outfit but I am not going to get very far only drawing and painting steam punk  Red Sonja lol.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Hello, and welcome, Antmax!

I understand your concern about not wanting to be limited by one single outfit. Have you considered perhaps just purchasing one of the Tbleague female base bodies (I believe the one used here is the s22a -- though don't quote me on that), and using it as your 'nude' option so you don't have to remove the outfit on the actual figure? You could swap the headsculpt over to the nude body when you want to use it for reference. It's an extra expense, but would probably be easiest option with the least damage to the outfit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum