OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: CHINATOY: 1/6 Greek Shield Spear Soldiers (ZH008) Code: ZH008_2

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Accessories table:

Headsculpt 1
Body 1
Hand type 2 pairs
One piece of clothing
Shoes 1 double
Breastplate 1 set
Legguards 1 double
Helmet 1 set
Dagger 1 set
Spear 1 set
Shield 1 piece

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: CHINATOY: 1/6 Greek Shield Spear Soldiers (ZH008) Code: ZH008_2 51220120
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: CHINATOY: 1/6 Greek Shield Spear Soldiers (ZH008) Code: ZH008_2 51220122
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: CHINATOY: 1/6 Greek Shield Spear Soldiers (ZH008) Code: ZH008_2 51220121
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: CHINATOY: 1/6 Greek Shield Spear Soldiers (ZH008) Code: ZH008_2 51220123
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: CHINATOY: 1/6 Greek Shield Spear Soldiers (ZH008) Code: ZH008_2 51220124
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: CHINATOY: 1/6 Greek Shield Spear Soldiers (ZH008) Code: ZH008_2 51220125
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: CHINATOY: 1/6 Greek Shield Spear Soldiers (ZH008) Code: ZH008_2 51220126
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: CHINATOY: 1/6 Greek Shield Spear Soldiers (ZH008) Code: ZH008_2 51220127
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: CHINATOY: 1/6 Greek Shield Spear Soldiers (ZH008) Code: ZH008_2 51220128

#newproduct #ChinaToy #Greek #Shield/SpearSoldier #male #historical #military

shazzdan

shazzdan
The helmet is tacky but overall the figure isn't too bad. If the price is right, I would consider buying it. The helmet and greaves would get a coat of gold paint to cover the black nonsense.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shazzdan wrote:The helmet is tacky but overall the figure isn't too bad. If the price is right, I would consider buying it. The helmet and greaves would get a coat of gold paint to cover the black nonsense.

While I do have the same first reaction, didn't we discuss evidence that in some cases (though perhaps not most commonly) there was painted decoration on the helmets? And yes, the black greaves don't seem right to me either. At any rate, I too welcome another hoplite set, although I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit bored with the Corinthian helmet. I think it is essentially a remake of or slight variation on the ACI sets.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Surely paint is at least a fairly 'easy' thing to alter, so it's not the end of the world in this case...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

shazzdan

shazzdan
skywalkersaga wrote:Surely paint is at least a fairly 'easy' thing to alter, so it's not the end of the world in this case...

Yep, the "bashing" required is minimal. With the selective application of some gold paint, he would look pretty good.

The cheek guards are too long - they should stop just below the chin.

Not sure about the footwear - they look like Roman caligae to me.

The cuirass, sword, shield, and spear are excellent. I like the tunic too.

And there are no stupid wrist bracers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum