OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

some of my recent and not so recent works

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 some of my recent and not so recent works on Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:07 pm

hi folks,

here´s some of my newer and older projects, some might be familiar from osw, in any event i hope you like them.

after playing through the latest edition of hitman i kinda got hooked on the topic, sadly it wasn´t enough for a whole dioarama as of now, but you never know  Very Happy

next is based on dark souls, again gaming is my main inspiration

last but not least, my biggest project to date, fallout-themed

war, war never changes

cheers
tjolnir

ps:please don´t get used to the picture quality, just borrowed a proper camera from work for the weekend, took my recent war chest and dumped it on a 3d printer Shocked

View user profile

2 Re: some of my recent and not so recent works on Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:14 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Wow. Very impressive. That last diorama is awesome.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

View user profile

3 Re: some of my recent and not so recent works on Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:46 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Stunning dioramas, Tjolnir, and the level of detail, especially on the last one (what with the ruins, desk, couch, etc) is beautifully realistic. Cool figures and accessories too... from the helmets (I see where you got your avatar) to the teddy bear, to the begoggled dog. Thanks for posting.

4 Re: some of my recent and not so recent works on Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:04 pm

thanks for watching and your kind comments.

can´t take credit for the helmets on the power armor figures, but the combat armor (the green armor) was made from scratch, mainly using greenstuff Very Happy
come to think of it i should have shot some different angles, doesn´t really show the backpack it comes with.
apart from the sprites in the first 2 fallout games this was an inspiration as well

most of the worktime was put into the upper floor, with small strips of balsa wood.

glad you like it, will update the diorama as soon as my 3d printer arrives.

cheers
tjolnir

View user profile

5 Re: some of my recent and not so recent works on Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:58 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
These look very good. I bet you will make some great additions with the 3D printer.

6 Re: some of my recent and not so recent works on Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:28 pm

Great looking figures and dioramas!

7 Re: some of my recent and not so recent works on Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:45 am

Simply amazing! My favorite ones are Dark souls and Fallout. The Fallout diorama is just incredible, great attention to details. Really love the various items (Mentats, weapons, various scrap items), they really add to the whole theme.

Oh, and the super mutant I thought, was really creative. Very Happy

View user profile https://www.flickr.com/photos/110202058@N06/albums

8 Re: some of my recent and not so recent works on Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:34 pm

Damn Tjolnir, so much freakin awesomeness. Your Hitman figure is so slick, and that Agent 47 head perfect. But that Fallout dio is on a whole different level. It's MASSIVE, and the amount of small attention to detail is pretty boggling. Each piece is an enviable accomplishment in itself. The tattered couch, the desk with the missing drawers (the construction is spot on, right down to the wood pieces inside), the rusty trash can, the individual boards (which I would love to hear how you did, since I'm working on doing 1/6 board flooring right now myself, and yours looks excellent. Especially the weathering and coloring). And the whole wasteland cast is perfect, especially the raider armor and that super mutant. Even the giant rad-roach climbing the building! I can't get enough of it.

View user profile http://reverendspooky.com

9 Re: some of my recent and not so recent works on Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:11 am

There's a lot to like in that collection.

I'm not much of a gamer, so I don't know some of the characters, but a damn fine figure is just that.

Thank you for showing us. Excellent.

View user profile

10 Re: some of my recent and not so recent works on Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:27 pm

thank you guys so much for your kind comments, i'm quite humbled, glad you like it. guess the fallout diorama is gonna grow eventually. had a good catch when my workplace was discarding some display floor which serves as a foundation for the buildings. theres even enough space to walk behind if rearrangement should be necessary. next it's 3d printer time, however long that might take to learn and it's a build to order piece so a few more weeks for me playing the waiting game.
the bloodbug on the wall is actually my first attempt to model something in clay, guess thats one candidate for 3d replacement and yes there's roaches, ,molerats and all the critters incoming that fit the 20 cubic cm printing space or doesn't look to "lego" when put together from various small parts.
sadly deathclaws aren't a viable option as well as moving parts, but hey one can dream.
found a mr. handy made out of seperate parts on yeggi so who knows....
anyways glad you enjoy watching them pics
kind regards
tjolnir

ps: almost forgot about the wooden boards, they're made of stripes of balsa wood, cut piece by piece with an exacto knife for even the smallest saw i got ripped chunsks out of the soft wood.

except for some edges which i deliberately damaged with a rough rasp.

i then coated it in a darker brown mixed with gray with very wet color and a sponge, let it dry for a couple of hours then sanding it for the first time. (it' was still a bit wet at that time, which forms and bends the boards rather nicely in the end, kinda like wood thats been exposed to the elements for a longer period of time)
second coat of paint was a bit brighter dry brush and again sanding to give it it's finish.
that was for the floor mind you, the wall received just the brighter, gray-ish tone and sanding. quite tedious but the result was worth it.
oh and they're nailed all together on a single frame of balsa wood sheets, so get a lot of tiny nails before you start Smile

View user profile

11 Re: some of my recent and not so recent works on Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:15 pm

Nice work and nice to meet another 1:6 gamer! My BIL is into Dark Souls, I'll have to show him this. The Fallout dio is superb! I love you the super mutant. :}

12 Re: some of my recent and not so recent works on Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:55 pm

Wow, so many work in the Figures and Buildings ! Never seen Your Mutant before, he is amazing. So many details, real bricks, real wood.... Great Work at All !

View user profile

13 Re: some of my recent and not so recent works on Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:28 pm

very nice work

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum