OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Mancotoys MC002 1/6 three Western female heads (C.M.)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father

brassco

brassco
This HS could be used for Cap Marvel knockoff...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
At the risk of being Captain Obvious, I could almost bet that this is inspired by the lead from Westworld? For some reason version C looks most like her to me.
Looks pretty good -- a less idealized and more realistic face than so many out there.

Delanie

Delanie
they are Carol aren't they?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I know nothing of any of the characters or the actress she is based on, but she bears a striking resemblance to one of my Canadian relatives, lol.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I wonder if B actually is paler than A and C, or if it's just a trick of the promo shoot. Either way, it's another nice sculpt (following on from their Ruby Rose) even if the hair is a little choppy on A.

shazzdan

shazzdan
It isn't Evan Rachel Wood. The eyebrows are wrong. The jaw is wrong. The cheeks are wrong. The mouth is wrong.

female - NEW PRODUCT: Mancotoys MC002 1/6 three Western female heads (C.M.) Evan-Rachel-Wood-Glamour--e1515366625194

The closest match is Brie Larson with blonde hair. The sculpt even has the slight cleft in the chin and small mole in the same position on the cheekbone. It is impressive work.

female - NEW PRODUCT: Mancotoys MC002 1/6 three Western female heads (C.M.) Avengers-Endgame-Audi-Commercial-Captain-Marvel

shazzdan

shazzdan
Here is the captain marvel headsculpt compared to the above. They changed the hair and the eyes, and softened the paintjob. That's all.

female - NEW PRODUCT: Mancotoys MC002 1/6 three Western female heads (C.M.) 14511910

female - NEW PRODUCT: Mancotoys MC002 1/6 three Western female heads (C.M.) Cap_Marvel_DX_001__79081.1549777419

blackpool

blackpool
Delanie wrote:they are Carol aren't they?

And we have a winner! cheers

Indeed I really think they are Carol Denvers, aka the Captain Marvel as portrayed by Brie Larson. The short hair version is from Avengers Endgame.

PS. this message will self destruct in ten seconds cause I really hate that person lmao

Adeno

blackpool wrote:

PS. this message  will self destruct in ten seconds cause I really hate that person lmao

If you put the headsclupt on a TBLeague body, it will come to life at night, wake you up, and then ask you "Is this a personal attack or something?" Laughing

Delanie

Delanie
Aw thank you Blackpool (bows) ! I'd just like to thank...……

At least these are somewhat recognisable to me most of the likeness go straight over my head!

Off topic but is she as bad as they make out or is it good/bad marketing and inappropriate editing of videos? That having been said I was less than impressed by her latest Netflix effort.

Adeno

Delanie wrote:

Off topic but is she as bad as they make out or is it good/bad marketing and inappropriate editing of videos? That having been said I was less than impressed by her latest Netflix effort.

MerylAkiba

Brie Larson is not bad, she won an Oscar for the Room. If I had to investigate this incident, they all look tired, akin to an interrogation without coffee, a cigarette break, no good snacks from the vending machine. Another example would be Jury Duty, just waiting, and waiting, then feeling anxious if getting called, then waiting, then you get to report the next day and bring a lunch.

They wore the same outfit for several interviews, which means the interviews were back-to-back. They should at least got a 1 hour lunch break and allowed a 20 minute power nap, or played with puppies. Also, CharismaCommand and Bodylanguageghost algorithms connects to several negative and questionable clickbait,

I wont discuss further as we might derail into a debate instead of talking about the head sculpt figure, similar to how OSW topic of historical symbols on 1/6 went sour, which is one of the reasons why I won't go back to that forum.

This guy explains his research regarding the interview and his page also researches the body expert:

Don Cheadle does criticize Mandy O'brien (body expert)

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/05/don-cheadle-brie-larson-body-language-expert-criticism-1202130256/

In regards to her humor, my dry humor is about the same,  it gives me that  "Eeyore" je ne sais quoi, so I got more funner(it's a word).

I love the smirk on the head sculpt, I wonder if the ponytail version is in regards to the Unicorn Store on Netflix? Now I want a head sculpt of Mamoudou Athie. It was an okay movie. A little bit "Reality bites" and "About a boy". As for me, I wanted to grow up and be a ace fighter pilot like TopGun, but went into Law

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think the third video does make a good point about hatesploitation (is that a word?) in today's media and society, but I don't think the others were off the mark. I haven't followed this apparent internet-wide hype (these videos are almost all I've seen on the subject). I used to like Brie Larson, but the things people say and do and the way they act are going to have an effect on how one perceives them, whatever the context.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:I used to like Brie Larson, but the things people say and do and the way they act are going to have an effect on how one perceives them, whatever the context.

Yeah, she’s not doing herself, or the future of the franchise any favors... but then, I’m White, Male, and well above 40 — so according to her, I’m supposed to just shut up and never speak again, ‘cause my opinion is invalid. So, I guess she doesn’t need my money anymore.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

female - NEW PRODUCT: Mancotoys MC002 1/6 three Western female heads (C.M.) C8485110

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
I just found this post after seeing this H.S on Monkey Depot earlier today but is listed as Space Girl and I immediately thought of Brie Larson
 my second top favorite actresses after Gal Gadot and I'm really liking this H.S so I probably will get it. I'm not liking the molded hair on the
Hot Toys Captain Marvel figure.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
She looks as if she means business and would be nasty in a knife fight.

Ovy

Ovy
Doesn't look like anything to me.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

My immediate guess was Brie, though a little Margot Robbie crept in too, just a little.

CHEERS!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum