OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Atalante

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Atalante Empty Atalante Thu May 23, 2019 12:41 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Hi All, i check out all my Characters from my archieves with the Face App. This was a try of a Comic Character, her smile is very bright Laughing Hell, that Statues are so expensive. So i did my own one

Thanks to the comic artists for the inspiration, and thank You for watching

Eph

Atalante Fd4e7410

Atalante Qbwzmb10

Atalante Ofpskd11

Atalante 9v4yfk10
Atalante Faceap24
Atalante Hxxjox10
Atalante Ck3mrw10
Atalante Slf62810

2Atalante Empty Re: Atalante Thu May 23, 2019 2:02 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
She looks great. Nice mods to the head sculpt, and the costume looks awesome. It looks like you just painted the white designs on her arms and legs, is that the case? Excellent work, as always.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Atalante C8485110

3Atalante Empty Re: Atalante Thu May 23, 2019 2:16 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
She looks awesome!!!

And yeah... is that just regular acrylic paint for the white tattoo/designs?

ETA: which body and face/headsculpt did you use? I ask cause they look great and I'm always curious about these things! Very Happy

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

4Atalante Empty Re: Atalante Thu May 23, 2019 7:59 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You did better than the statue, in my book, because it is both more realistic and of course articulated. Great character and great presentation. Is that a faux Assyrian/Persian relief integrated into your background wall? I too would like to know the secret of the white Grecian wave pattern. Conventional wisdom would say acrylics won't work; oil pastel or oil paint?

5Atalante Empty Re: Atalante Mon May 27, 2019 4:04 am

Allotropos

Allotropos
That's an absolutely fantastic recreation of a statue inspired character !
Add that onto your backdrops and you have a winner all around !!

6Atalante Empty Re: Atalante Mon May 27, 2019 5:00 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Agree... Ephiane's backgrounds are always so wonderfully constructed and/or chosen, and suit her figures so well!

7Atalante Empty Re: Atalante Mon May 27, 2019 10:22 am

brassco

brassco
no idea who that character is, but nice re-creation! This is why 1/6th is such a wonderful hobby!!!

8Atalante Empty Re: Atalante Tue May 28, 2019 9:00 pm

MerylAkiba

Awesome design. The art reminds me of Battle Chasers. Out of curiosity, have you read the Elves series from Soleil? It has all these elf races and each comic volume is its own story. Later, the large amount of characters cross paths and stories intertwine.
Atalante 76503-57796-cover-452x600

9Atalante Empty Re: Atalante Wed May 29, 2019 7:17 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Stryker2011 wrote:She looks great. Nice mods to the head sculpt, and the costume looks awesome. It looks like you just painted the white designs on her arms and legs, is that the case? Excellent work, as always.

skywalkersaga wrote:She looks awesome!!!

And yeah... is that just regular acrylic paint for the white tattoo/designs?

ETA: which body and face/headsculpt did you use? I ask cause they look great and I'm always curious about these things! Very Happy

GubernatorFan wrote:You did better than the statue, in my book, because it is both more realistic and of course articulated. Great character and great presentation. Is that a faux Assyrian/Persian relief integrated into your background wall? I too would like to know the secret of the white Grecian wave pattern. Conventional wisdom would say acrylics won't work; oil pastel or oil paint?

Thanks, Stryker, Sky and Gube.  Very Old Figure... i think i use the Warhammer Colours that for. Like them because they are in very small bottles and they have so many Colours .

Allotropos wrote:That's an absolutely fantastic recreation of a statue inspired character !
Add that onto your backdrops and you have a winner all around !!

Thanks, Friend. Glad You like it.

skywalkersaga wrote:Agree... Ephiane's backgrounds are always so wonderfully constructed and/or chosen, and suit her figures so well!

brassco wrote:no idea who that character is, but nice re-creation! This is why 1/6th is such a wonderful hobby!!!

Thank You , Friends

MerylAkiba wrote:Awesome design. The art reminds me of Battle Chasers. Out of curiosity, have you read the Elves series from Soleil? It has all these elf races and each comic volume is its own story. Later, the large amount of characters cross paths and stories intertwine.
Atalante 76503-57796-cover-452x600

Thank You , Meryl. That´s a nice  Book Tip. I have some Dwarfes Books from that Series. Smile

10Atalante Empty Re: Atalante Wed May 29, 2019 10:45 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ah, so the paint was Citadel paint? Or Vallejo?

11Atalante Empty Re: Atalante Wed May 29, 2019 11:38 am

blackpool

blackpool
Awesome creation, very impressive work on each detail, she's perfect! As a frenchy I can only adore!!! I guess the comic artist would be super happy to see that (he's a french comic artist named "Grey")

MerylAkiba I cannot pass on your mention of battlechasers, such a great comic book, the perfect bridge between the manga and US comics cultures (and an awesome heroic fantasy story), Joe Madureira is such a fantastic artist! I had never made the link but surely Grey and him have common inspirations.

12Atalante Empty Re: Atalante Wed May 29, 2019 11:55 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
skywalkersaga wrote:Ah, so the paint was Citadel paint? Or Vallejo?

Citadel. Oh, and You ask for the HS and Body. That was A. Jolie and one of the first pichen bodys that came out with a plastic skeleton. I loved the old bodys, they are smaller more plump and the feet / Hands are not so small like the new TBL Model Bodys

blackpool wrote:Awesome creation, very impressive work on each detail, she's perfect! As a frenchy I can only adore!!! I guess the comic artist would be super happy to see that (he's a french comic artist named "Grey")

MerylAkiba I cannot pass on your mention of battlechasers, such a great comic book, the perfect bridge between the manga and US comics cultures (and an awesome heroic fantasy story), Joe Madureira is such a fantastic artist! I had never made the link but surely Grey and him have common inspirations.

Thank You very much, Pool. .. and Thanks Moiseur Grey Smile

13Atalante Empty Re: Atalante Wed May 29, 2019 1:04 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ephiane wrote:

Citadel. Oh, and You ask for the HS and Body. That was A. Jolie and one of the first pichen bodys that came out with a plastic skeleton. I loved the old bodys, they are smaller more plump and the feet  / Hands are not so small like the new TBL Model Bodys

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond to all my questions! Good to know about the paint, and the sculpt andbody. I love to learn, so I can better recognize materials/bodies/parts, etc.  You did really well with the Jolie face and making it work with the character. Also, I agree that the earlier Phicen bodies were preferable to me in terms of size and shape -- I wish they would remake those with the steel skeletons!

14Atalante Empty Re: Atalante Thu May 30, 2019 7:40 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
skywalkersaga wrote:
Ephiane wrote:

Citadel. Oh, and You ask for the HS and Body. That was A. Jolie and one of the first pichen bodys that came out with a plastic skeleton. I loved the old bodys, they are smaller more plump and the feet  / Hands are not so small like the new TBL Model Bodys

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond to all my questions! Good to know about the paint, and the sculpt andbody. I love to learn, so I can better recognize materials/bodies/parts, etc.  You did really well with the Jolie face and making it work with the character. Also, I agree that the earlier Phicen bodies were preferable to me in terms of size and shape -- I wish they would remake those with the steel skeletons!

My reward for to give some tips, is to watch Your Work and the work of all the other 1:6 Artists here Very Happy . If You like the Old anatomie of the bodys, i hope the new TBL Plump one looks in that way

15Atalante Empty Re: Atalante Thu May 30, 2019 1:15 pm

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
outstanding work of yours, as always. man i wish i had those sewing skills. right now im into another gaming theme that requires some textile work and i cant for the life of me think of a way to work it out myself.

you really give that special something to your creations. keep that good stuff coming =)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum